Benfica vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck that I am going to be a TV fan for the return leg

http://www.footballs...-ticket-prices/

''Meanwhile, Benfica are selling tickets for the Lisbon leg for €30; and tickets to Bayern Munich’s game against Marseille start at €35.

Benfica and Bayern can guarantee an atmosphere both rousing and hostile: because the people in the cheap seats will clap their hands. But at Stamford Bridge, we may be reliant upon those with an £83.50 ticket to rattle their jewellery''

Fuck that I am going to be a TV fan for the return leg

http://www.footballs...-ticket-prices/

''Meanwhile, Benfica are selling tickets for the Lisbon leg for €30; and tickets to Bayern Munich’s game against Marseille start at €35.

Benfica and Bayern can guarantee an atmosphere both rousing and hostile: because the people in the cheap seats will clap their hands. But at Stamford Bridge, we may be reliant upon those with an £83.50 ticket to rattle their jewellery''

God knows how much they'll charge if we do get Europa...surley anymore then £40 but sadly these days all about the dosh.Prices are mental!

Is he really taking that for real?!

Luiz did attempt to clear it up. Like I said before, can't blame any ill feelings. CFC is at fault, if anything. I wonder who our PR officer is, he needs a telling off :lol:

Luiz did attempt to clear it up. Like I said before, can't blame any ill feelings. CFC is at fault, if anything. I wonder who our PR officer is, he needs a telling off :lol:

True but think he should at least look at the video evidence for his part before start to make comments on it.

True but think he should at least look at the video evidence for his part before start to make comments on it.

Perception varies from person-to-person. He's probably using it to fire up the Benfica players, to make them seek retribution for it, Mou would do the same, no?

--

Anyway on another topic, here's an article about Chelsea's enormous price hike for the return leg: http://www.footballscores.com/superblog/chelsea-fans-get-the-blues-over-champions-league-ticket-prices/

Perception varies from person-to-person. He's probably using it to fire up the Benfica players, to make them seek retribution for it, Mou would do the same, no?

Was just about to post something similar but yeah, it is a possibility. Doubt Drogba will start tomorrow but let's see what happens tomorrow.

God knows how much they'll charge if we do get Europa...surley anymore then £40 but sadly these days all about the dosh.Prices are mental!

We need an atmosphere as the 12th man instead of angry internet/TV posters and watchers...shame they dont realise this

Chelsea will play away, but still are favourite, but if Benfica join the game with concentration could be dangerous for Chelsea.

I bet will be a great game.

I'll be there at Stadium :getin:

Going to be great this match.

David Luiz and Ramires should receive a nice ovation from the public....that's if David Luiz play, cause Cahill and Terry partnership is looking amazing at the moment!

I still like Torres to play. Torres gives more of a team work. Drogba tends to come here and there, has one good game and gets lost for an eternity.

He might appear tonight or might not, but I still back Torres to start.

The only area I am not sure of is DM. Do we play Essien or Mikel?

Essien has been bad since returning from injury and it's understandable.

Mikel is ok, but if there was an option I would choose Romeu.

I liked the kid and so sad we have not seen much of him.

The differences between now and then? Quite a few, probably the most important one being that the current Barcelona team is, rightly, considered to be one of the greatest football teams in history, ominously it also appears that their great rivals, Real Madrid, have drawn level with them and, arguably, have surpassed them. I don't think Liverpool had to deal with quite the same level of competition.

The differences between now and then? Quite a few, probably the most important one being that the current Barcelona team is, rightly, considered to be one of the greatest football teams in history, ominously it also appears that their great rivals, Real Madrid, have drawn level with them and, arguably, have surpassed them. I don't think Liverpool had to deal with quite the same level of competition.

This is the Champions League its not a national league competition were your weaknesses will get found out. You could win the CL by riding lady luck until the wheels fall off, at the end of the day if we get past Benfica and do draw Barca and that is a big if because Milan are a good side then it will come down to us and Barca. Barcelona will be the overwhelming favourites and I like it like that (lol for once) because the full burden of pressure will be on them to win. I just think we could actually win it, you know what ?? we might not but lol when I have this feeling its usually something very close.

I know from what people are saying it wasn't implied for the Benfica draw but Drogba's actions and gestures have just stoked this game up and motivated them more...at a time when we have returned to being slow and ponderous this is the last thing we need.

Really hope Torres starts, he gives us so much more mobility up front.