• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cech

luiz cahill terry cole

essien lampard

rambo mata danny

drogba

lampard has to play in the deep role. he has become too slow and most of the time he loses the ball while going forward, so playing him deep would give him time on the ball and a better chance to show his class. also i think luiz should play instead of boosi as rb. atleast he can put a cross.

expect a tough match. probably a 1-2 win for us but really need to play well.

Benfica, us and Real Madrid are the only 3 sides to have scored first in every Champions League game this season. The worst part in that is we have failed to win any of our away games. Drew at Valencia & Genk and then capitulated against Leverkusen and Napoli. This simply can't go on any further!

Mata needs a rest so badly. I know he is our best player, but he is so exhausted I honestly think that starting Kalou or Florent on the left wing would probably be better.

He looks ready to collapse, its sad, and he's still probably got 20 games left in the season if you include his commitments with the Spanish team in Ukraine and then the Olympic squad.

Interesting to see whether RDM sticks with Cahill/Terry partnership for this match or if Luiz gets to start against his former club.

He looks ready to collapse, its sad, and he's still probably got 20 games left in the season if you include his commitments with the Spanish team in Ukraine and then the Olympic squad.

Mata could probably sit out some of the remaining league matches so he's at at his best for more important games in the CL and FA Cup. It's not like there's anything left to play for in the league because 4th place is nearly lost already.

Thiago Silva is out of both legs against Barca so that effectively fucks the tie because he's one of the best defenders around at present and we all know how Barca attack. Look what Arsenal done to Milan and that was with Silva there in just 1 half.

For us, i think we're lucky to be playing away first and i'm glad all our defenders seem to be on the top of their games (except Bos of course). I'd take a draw for sure, can't wait now for the game.

Not sure if the Blues News has been featured yet, but here is more news that what I got from SSN this morning <_<

I didn't realize the English media hates CFC that much, but that could have been a result of AVB's & the CFC rants about the media attention from earlier this season. On SSN, there was much on manure, fergie, rio & everything else. Nothing on Britain's last remaining club in European Competition.

Benfica are on a pretty dismal run aren't they. Probably got the right team at the right time. They did knock Liverpool out in 2006 tho, remember Miccoli and Simao scoring great goals at Anfield. I know it's not the same team but they have great European pedigree and a good history.

Benfica are on a pretty dismal run aren't they. Probably got the right team at the right time. They did knock Liverpool out in 2006 tho, remember Miccoli and Simao scoring great goals at Anfield. I know it's not the same team but they have great European pedigree and a good history.

Bleh bad runs mean nothing with us,teams seem to end it against us and magically find form