Benfica vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be a real relaxing day because i don't even care that much. We don't want Barca. I know some of you are madly optimistic or living in hope that Milan could actually knock Barca out but come on, we don't really want to get Barcelona, not this season. Would like to meet again in the future but just..., not now. Ok.

ANYWAY .... In match terms, i reckon we can go there n win, they aint that good. Fairly average team if you ask me. They are technically good and have a nice blend of players but they aint gonna strike fear into anybody. We'll most likely get through the tie.

V hv to defnd well.....like camp nou 2009

---------Cech---------

Ivan-Cahill-Terry-Cole

---Mikel---Essien---

Kalou-Lamps-Mata

---------Torres--------

If Ivanovic is not fit, then Bosingwa. This will probably not be the team, but i put Mata on the left because he keeps getting bullied in the middle lately.

Lampard has been doing quite well in the DM role imo, but i want him further foward where he can nick a goal.

Don't want Essien to play, but Raul 'cant keep the ball for more than 2 seconds' Meireles is the only other option (don't think Romeu is fit)

And Kalou for Sturridge, because Sturridge can't seem to do anything right atm!

Romeu is fit nd should be given a chance again...ahead of essien..

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry - Cahill - Cole

Mikel - Romeu

Kalou - Lampard - Mata

Torres

If RDM picks this lineup, I'll be happy. A team that should be capable of getting the win. And if Kalou doesn't get his minute of excellence, bring on Sturridge and tell him to just 'go wild'. :Goober:

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry - Cahill - Cole

Mikel - Romeu

Kalou - Lampard - Mata

Torres

If RDM picks this lineup, I'll be happy. A team that should be capable of getting the win. And if Kalou doesn't get his minute of excellence, bring on Sturridge and tell him to just 'go wild'. :Goober:

Mata needs a rest so badly. I know he is our best player, but he is so exhausted I honestly think that starting Kalou or Florent on the left wing would probably be better.

Mata needs a rest so badly. I know he is our best player, but he is so exhausted I honestly think that starting Kalou or Florent on the left wing would probably be better.

Just realised, I agree. I reckon we should start Studge on the right and Kalou on the left, then bring on... Piazon for the last 10 minutes. :)

Fuck, this game will take place in just 2 days!

Premier League & FA did nothing to help us. Italian FA helped Napoli, Portuguese league helped Benfica but no, not ours. I bet they would've helped Red Nose.

Obviously playing away at Benfica will be tough. The main thing will be to try and score an away goal, a scored draw would be considered a fantastic result, even a 2-1 loss would be decent as we will feel confident that we could overturn that deficit at the Bridge. I expect/hope

Cech

Ivanovic(if fit), Luiz, Terry, Cole

Lampard, Essien

Ramires, Mata, Sturridge

Torres

The similarities between Liverpool back in 05 and us right now are startling. Could we ?? Could we actually get the luck we need to win this damn thing once and for all ? I actually think there is a possibility, the most inform team does not always win it !