Benfica vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

This strange starting XI has actually made me more optimistic! Didn't think Di Matteo would drop Lampard, Essien and Drogba. Really fair play to him.

Essiens been awful these last few weeks. Drogba pathetic against Spurs while Torres has at least seemed enthusiastic. Meireles isn't as bad as he is made out to be. With Mikel alongside him he'll be more comfortable (I hope)

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is that line up all about? Fuck me sideways i like Ferreira but when is the last time he even played and he's not exactly 25 anymore or quick. This is a UCL quarter final. Mikel? Meireles? KALOU!? Oh my fu... meh shit.

Gutsy anyway, let's hope is somehow does a job.

Ya where's Romeu and why isn't he playing anymore??

He was injured for a little while, he then contracted a virus, which I think he has recovered from. Not too sure why he isn't anywhere to be seen recently to be honest.

I hope this team proves me wrong, because I'm not full of confidence at this moment in time.

I agree with LDN Blue, I think a defeat in Lisbon would give us an incentive to perform with more gusto in the second leg, like what happened against Napoli.. the real problem, is that some of the players will be tired going into the domestic games and we would lose our touch in the chase for the Champions League places.. I honestly believe it's important to chase for a top 4 finish, even though it seems impossible because I truly believe that whether we get either Barcelona or Milan in the semi-finals, with our overall form, I think we will flunk against them! Though I truly hope Chelsea can prove me wrong!