Chelsea 4-1 Napoli

BlueLion.

Man of the Match?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your man of the match after this HURCULEAN effort?

Amazing performance! We really pulled of a miracle looking at the way we were playing. Well done, Chels!

Now just want to play the devil's advocate here and ruin the mood: Where did we find this f****** intensity? Locked in the closet! Same set of players, most of the coaching staff is the same, same ground, same club: completely different attitude. If we had shown even half of what we did yesterday, we would have been in hunt for the title. And Terry says there is no player power!

Back to my good side! Kick ass performance. A message specially to those Arsenal fans who were just being proud with the achievement against Milan despite losing, this should be a lesson on how it is done and that is what makes us proud.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that was a sensational game of football. top 10 for me, all time. My love for the club has been renewed and more.

I'll admit I didn't expect us to win but I didn't really expect us to lose either. I know better than to question the passion and drive of these men, too. Seen it manifest on the pitch too many times and this was just another show of why I love this club and these players so.

Absolutely tremendous effort.

oh and here's my player ratings

Cech: 8.5

Ivanovic: 8.5

Luiz: 8.5

Terry: 8.0

Cole: 8

Essien: 7.0

Lampard: 7.0

Ramires: 7.0

Mata: 6.0

Sturridge: 5

Drogba: 9 MOTM

Torres: 8

Bosingwa: 7

Malouda: 7.5

Amazing performance! We really pulled of a miracle looking at the way we were playing. Well done, Chels!

Now just want to play the devil's advocate here and ruin the mood: Where did we find this f****** intensity? Locked in the closet! Same set of players, most of the coaching staff is the same, same ground, same club: completely different attitude. If we had shown even half of what we did yesterday, we would have been in hunt for the title. And Terry says there is no player power!

Back to my good side! Kick ass performance. A message specially to those Arsenal fans who were just being proud with the achievement against Milan despite losing, this should be a lesson on how it is done and that is what makes us proud.

I fully and completely agree, so proud of the match but its now absolutly obvious that these players have the say at the Dressingroom, you could see it absolutly... they had passion and desire and I in an special way still felt let down by this players after watching this historical game..

I too felt Cole was a little under par, he seemed to crack under pressure and ran around aimlessly at times. Essien is still protecting his recovering leg, he pulled out of challenges that normally he would have just gone through the player. Otherwise it was a great game and we deserved it. Drogba is a total beast and lets hope we can carry this momentum forward.

KTBFFH!

We played like a team yesterday and the work rate of some players was just phenomenal.Our players played with true passion and determination,some of them have really proved their critics wrong.Napoli didn't play well but then again it will be unfair to say that we won only because of this.Chelsea were just fantastic last night and I am just so proud to be a Chelsea fan,I really am.

Anyone else cried while watching the celebration's at the end?

Couldn't pick a MOTM, every one was amazing.

Not me, I was screaming my head off, thumping my chest and punching the air repeatedly. At 4 AM too, nothing beats special European nights.

Just to say congrats. You all told me that the players I defined "living legends" were zombies, but yesterday they won the match on their own.

It's very tough to accept the loss, but it's probably a part of the growth process that our club has began. You deserved it, we were two levels under our standard.

Good luck for the quarter-finals.

P.S. Shame on the stewards in Stamford Bridge who did set dogs on our fans....hope they're just a minority, really unfair considering how good you've all been treated in Naples....

I fully and completely agree, so proud of the match but its now absolutly obvious that these players have the say at the Dressingroom, you could see it absolutly... they had passion and desire and I in an special way still felt let down by this players after watching this historical game..

Or maybe the previous Manager had one way of playing/lacked the tactical skills necessary to perform at the level shown last night.

And/or maybe the previous Manager had somehow managed to damage morale and team spirit to a level where the level of performance and teamwork shown last night was not possible - These are people and not machines after all.

Whatever the reasons, it's a fantastic result and effort - ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS/WAS! Still a few things that need sorting but at least effort, teamwork and spirit appear to be coming back.

Just to say congrats. You all told me that the players I defined "living legends" were zombies, but yesterday they won the match on their own.

It's very tough to accept the loss, but it's probably a part of the growth process that our club has began. You deserved it, we were two levels under our standard.

Good luck for the quarter-finals.

P.S. Shame on the stewards in Stamford Bridge who did set dogs on our fans....hope they're just a minority, really unfair considering how good you've all been treated in Naples....

Yeah, Sturridge really appreciated the racist chants!