Chelsea 4-1 Napoli

BlueLion.

Man of the Match?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your man of the match after this HURCULEAN effort?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ramires has eaten an engine lol, he was everywhere, from the defence to attack to taking players on in the wings. David Luiz and Drogba were on a different level lol. Torres even did well when he arrived on the pitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FROM GOAL.COM

"Hope Torres scores winner here. Great game"

- Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney provides the striker some much-needed moral support following his second-half introduction...He didn't score, by the way.

"Big night for Chelsea and a performance that looked impossible 3 weeks ago. Luiz, Terry, Lampard, Essien, Drogba all at their best!"

- Former United defender and current TV pundit Gary Neville praises Chelsea's completion of

at the Bridge.

"With defenders who can finish like that, who needs strikers? #cfc"

- Goal.com's very own Liam Twomey with a nod to Ivanovic's late winner.

"Did I just See JT giving instructions Hahha What a boss"

- Arsenal's Emmanuel Frimpong was amused to see the Blues captain doing his bit in the technical area

Captain fantastic | Terry doubles Chelsea's lead to leave Stamford Bridge bouncing

"Just jumped up when Lamps scored! I want chelsea through....English and proud! Come on you blues!"

- Another Gunner, this time Jack Wilshere, shows off his patriotic side...

“Great result for Chelsea, flying the English flag high in this years champions league! Shame we couldn't join them, was so close!”

- ...before wistfully remembering what might have been for his own side.

“What a game! Well played chelsea and well done”

- On-loan Everton man Steven Pienaar was quick to offer his congratulations.

"Fancied Chelsea to win but not to progress, couldn't see them scoring that many. #iwaswrong but still technically was right"

- QPR's Joey Barton confuses himself, and us, before deciding that, as per usual, he thinks himself correct...we think.

"Ivaaaaaaaaaanovichhhhhhhhhhhhhh #beast"

- Chelsea youngster Jeffrey Bruma gets a little bit excited after the Serb hits the decisive winner.

“Congrats to Chelsea!!!... see the heart, passion & desire they all put in & love they had for Di Matteo at the end, they didn't rate AVB man”

- British hip hop star Tinchy Stryder tells us what we probably already knew about Andre Villas-Boas and his former squad.

"Yeeeeees! Amazing comeback! Stamford Bridge has been decisive!! We've won thanks to you! Let's enjoy this! Come on Blues!"

- Midfielder Juan Mata gets giddy in 140 characters or less.

Slightly overrated performance but still a great one especially seeing how bad we've been all season.

Could have been a different story if Napoli had taken their chances and I didn't think we did enough to stop Napoli on the break, at times we were also lazy pressing which is more understandable late on but not during the first half. Napoli didn't help themselves, their defending was very poor and they should have done better in the final third. They couldn't handle Drogba who was different class and Ivanovic's throw ins caused a lot of problems for them.

MOTM was easily Drogba, I've lost count of how many games this man has won us over the years. Terry, Luiz, Ramires, Lampard all stood out as well, can't fault anyone tonight even Torres who was quality when he came on. Luiz has had his critics but it was probably his best game so far, I would have started Cahill but credit where it's due apart from a few things, Luiz was very solid, he's improved a lot, just needs to be more consistent. I still don't trust him in the big games yet but he's making progress. At the time, I questioned why Di Matteo brought on Torres and Malouda but we looked much more solid when they came on and less vulnerable to Napoli's breaks forward, Sturridge and Mata are definitely not the best defensively so it was a good move.

Them flags get more embarrassing every time I see them. Anyway, this is why we need to finish 4th, can't beat nights like that, just wish I could have been there. Get in Chels.

Excellent performance, but I'm still not convinced we've turned a corner. This has been the pattern of our team for the last 18 months or so, we get a great result in a big match but then turn around and drop points to lower mid table teams in the Premiership.

Drogba was excellent, Terry led the defence adroitly, Ramires and David Luiz and Ivanovic also turned in excellent performances. Mata, Lampard and Cole were decent today, Essien was a tad disappointing as was Sturridge.

The big suprise is that Bosingwa actually defended okay today. If he can do that on a regular basis I'm all for keeping him at the club.

There is a sense of comfort when you see Didier Drogba in the starting lineup... some part of you tells you that "his love for the club and the game ... he will certainly salvage us from this tight situation" and so he does once again... Didier Drogba has always stepped up on such occasions

Excellent performance, but I'm still not convinced we've turned a corner. This has been the pattern of our team for the last 18 months or so, we get a great result in a big match but then turn around and drop points to lower mid table teams in the Premiership.

Indeed.

Like Kostas said, If THAT performance doesn't give us a boost, nothing will.