Axel Witsel

Nic!

Who is available right now and better than WItsel?

Who said Witsel was available? There are much much better MF players out there than Witsel. He's gonna cost an arm and a leg because he plays for Zenit, who pay him very very well on a long term contract and bought him for a whole lot of money. The fact he's not exactly developed much since going there either it makes no sense to try and buy him from Zenit. He moved to Russia for a huge salary so do you think he's gonna come here on a lower salary, to play a bit part role? I really don't.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said Witsel was available? There are much much better MF players out there than Witsel. He's gonna cost an arm and a leg because he plays for Zenit, who pay him very very well on a long term contract and bought him for a whole lot of money. The fact he's not exactly developed much since going there either it makes no sense to try and buy him from Zenit. He moved to Russia for a huge salary so do you think he's gonna come here on a lower salary, to play a bit part role? I really don't.

The reports of Di Marzio (and others) say an offer of 30-35 million euros will make Witsel available. I dont know if he'll want to come to Chelsea for a squad role, i can only guess he'll take the opportunity to get the hell out of Russia and play for a big club in the Premier League. But i agree its an issue with any CM we might look at because in most games we play with Cesc-Matic and 3 AMs.

You didnt named any CM though.

The reports of Di Marzio (and others) say an offer of 30-35 million euros will make Witsel available. I dont know if he'll want to come to Chelsea for a squad role, i can only guess he'll take the opportunity to get the hell out of Russia and play for a big club in the Premier League. But i agree its an issue with any CM we might look at because in most games we play with Cesc-Matic and 3 AMs.

You didnt named any CM though.

Well I think we really do need a more dynamic midfielder who is good a solid box to box player and an effective ball winner, someone in the mould of a Nainggolan, Marchisio, Strootman, Perez or similar. I think Witsel is a decent player and that but really, not exactly Chelsea standard. Maybe say the same of Nainggolan but still.

Really gutted we didn't try and get Rakitic to be honest, although it was obvious he was wanted by Barca but a MF of Rakitic - Matic - Cesc would be class. Someone who is rounded like him but also at a high level.

Well I think we really do need a more dynamic midfielder who is good a solid box to box player and an effective ball winner, someone in the mould of a Nainggolan, Marchisio, Strootman, Perez or similar. I think Witsel is a decent player and that but really, not exactly Chelsea standard. Maybe say the same of Nainggolan but still.

Really gutted we didn't try and get Rakitic to be honest, although it was obvious he was wanted by Barca but a MF of Rakitic - Matic - Cesc would be class. Someone who is rounded like him but also at a high level.

I agree a box-to-box CM would be better. Though the players you mentioned probably not available at all. i would probably go for Moutinho, but i cant see us getting a player like him, it will be a big blow for Oscar.

I agree a box-to-box CM would be better. Though the players you mentioned probably not available at all. i would probably go for Moutinho, but i cant see us getting a player like him, it will be a big blow for Oscar.

Think Moutinho isn't exactly the sort of guy I would go for now we have Cesc. Ideally if Ramires was a bit more disciplined and could play like his levels from 2011/12 he'd be the guy to play in a 3 with Matic and Cesc. Essien/Ballack would be ideal for this Chelsea team... if only...

Think Moutinho isn't exactly the sort of guy I would go for now we have Cesc. Ideally if Ramires was a bit more disciplined and could play like his levels from 2011/12 he'd be the guy to play in a 3 with Matic and Cesc. Essien/Ballack would be ideal for this Chelsea team... if only...

Was Ramires that much Better in 11/12? He was more of a go to guy then due to our team being very average, but the complaints on Rami now were still there back then, but he is a lot more restricted in his role now due to the fact there's much better players. He had more freedom in that season.

Just give Oscar the job. He can do it.

But what do you base this one? If Oscar can't make much of presence in CAM then I don't see himself imposing himself a CM player either. He doesn't have a versatile passing range, nor his defensively astute. His off-the-ball movement makes me feel like he'd just be Fabregas mk II where fast pace matches will simply go over his head.

But I'm curious why a lot of people think Oscar is more of a CM player.

But what do you base this one? If Oscar can't make much of presence in CAM then I don't see himself imposing himself a CM player either. He doesn't have a versatile passing range, nor his defensively astute. His off-the-ball movement makes me feel like he'd just be Fabregas mk II where fast pace matches will simply go over his head.

But I'm curious why a lot of people think Oscar is more of a CM player.

Because Oscar has not achieved at CAM people think he can moved around to justify us keeping him. Next stop LB if Baba fails.....the length of string goes on. I've said before, square pegs for square holes is the way we need to go and stop all this.... 'He can be OK there'

Was Ramires that much Better in 11/12? He was more of a go to guy then due to our team being very average, but the complaints on Rami now were still there back then, but he is a lot more restricted in his role now due to the fact there's much better players. He had more freedom in that season.

...and along with Mata was our best and most consistent player. He was much better because he wasn't shackled or playing right wing. He has suffered a bit playing a more disciplined role, he doesn't have the passing range to operate as a deep lying midfielder, he has to play box to box in a 3 man MF really to be at his best because he is able to defend and his third man runs provided a lot of trouble for opposition teams in that year.

Witsel is a curious player. Never in the spotlights, never the one to really shine, but really helpfull. I too have I too have watched him in Russia and I think he is the ultimate water-bringer. He makes a team so much better and runs Miles and Miles, while having a level of technicality few have in our team.

The one issue is: he doesn't speed up the game ....... He is very much a controlling cm. Also, this is why he doesn't get shiny youtube movies. If I had a choice, I would have him near Matic in a second. Two pivot players without show, very objective, good in passing, ....

What do expect? This guy performs, every time without doing a Messi. I would have him even if i was Dutch.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You