Axel Witsel

Nic!

Some rumours going on that three Premier League sides (Chelsea, Manchester United & Manchester City) are fighting for Belgian international Axel Witsel.

Source: http://www.insidefut...l-witsel/59292/

A vague source, but Witsel is an amazing talent, young but so mature on the ball and one of the best players in the Belgian national team. Also doing very well at Benfica and is always a first team player at his Portuguese club. His biggest quality is his capability to keep possession while under pressure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nobmN4v9Jpg

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Witsel is definitely a talent but I don't think Benfica will let go of him this early into this contract.

We have a pretty young core group of midfielders at Chelsea with the likes of Romeu, McEachran, Ramires, Mata. All we need is that midfielder in the 24-28 age group, someone that has developed, matured and is ready to help take control of our midfield. eg. Newcastle managed to get Cabaye on the cheap. There are plenty of decent quality midfielders out there who could easily do a job for Chelsea.

Benfica put a €40M sell value on Witsel. Some Portuguese media saying he will move to Premier League this summer for a price of €35M. Clubs supposed to be interested the most according to rumours are Cfc, City and Man U...

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on his game yesterday?

I am a big fan of Axel. Very complete, gracious midfielder. His style reminds me of Nasri. Bargain at 8m euro last summer and I still don't understand why no bigger teams than Benfica made of move for him.

Didn't see the game, how did he?

I like the Witsel after his tackle on Wasyl, it looks that it was a eye opener for him, he got stronger from it..

He acted like a fucking prick and deserved a football ban for an extended period of time. I don't care wheter Wasyl is a bully or not, it's not an eye for an eye and Witsel should've thought before possibly destroying his career and ability to walk. I'm glad he is able to play football again after something as idiotic as Axel's attempt.

Shame that story will always be retold. Witsel went in with his leg forward, but obviously never with the intention of breaking his opponent's leg. Nobody ever does. Witsel however does not have a reputation of being a dirty player, at the contrary. That's all that needs to be said about it.

Good to see Wasyl will likely be banned for some 4 to 6 games himself by the way. It's very ironic that it had to happen to him, but he is by far the dirtiest player on belgian football fields.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You