The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

The only photo that has been changed is the one of the squad (which includes loads of players not even in the first team now, such as Malouda and Sturridge). Plus there's no Benayoun (and after last night, Aké) in it, though loads of youngsters like Chalobah, Blackman and Piazon who aren't even the squad are in it. Plus the fact Robbie and Eddie are no longer here.

It's horrifically out of date, so rather than taking a new one they've simply replaced it with a photo RDM simply happens to not be in.

Mountain. Molehill.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

In the LMA Manager award night...

Ian Dennis @Iandennisbbc

The first Special Manager of Merit award goes to Roberto Di Matteo for his achievement at Chelsea last season

Sam Wallace @SamWallaceIndy

Di Matteo: 'Andre Villas Boas has to take some credit for taking the team to last 16 of the CL ... winning it is no job guarantee though!'

Ben Rumsby @ben_rumsby

Di Matteo: "Winning that (Champions League) is no job guarantee... I still have the fire and passion to be back in the game."

Poor Robbie. With all the manager shuffles in the top teams no one mentions his name and it looks unlikely that he'll get a job at a decent team. It's hard to imagine a recent Champions League winning manager will find it that hard, but I guess the majority of teams share the Roman view of him that he got lucky or that he had a minor role in last year's success.

• 1 month later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2365531/Roberto-Di-Matteo-returning-management-Roman-Abramovich.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-chelseamail&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=socialnet-twitter-chelseamail&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Former Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo says he is ready to return to football.

He was unceremoniously sacked by Roman Abramovich last season with the Blues on the verge of Champions League elimination.

Fan favourite Di Matteo was controversially replaced by Rafa Benitez - someone who many Chelsea supporters did not want in charge.

Now, in a wide-ranging interview with France Football, he has spoken about his relationship with Abramovich and his future plans.

'Beyond football, the boss (Roman) is a nice person with whom you can be good. I am in no way angry at the boss,' explained Di Matteo.

'I'm proud of what I did at Chelsea, the footprint I left with people, the club and some players.'

He was sacked after a crushing Champions League defeat to Juventus, in which he dropped striker Fernando Torres and played Eden Hazard out-of-position up front.

When asked if he thinks he would return to football within a year, Di Matteo said: 'Yeah, I really do. I'm ready. I'm ready. For a good project.'

He also says he decided not to join Paris-St-Germain this summer after considering moving to the club.

The 43-year-old explained: 'We reached a point when I had to think to reply yes or no. PSG made an excellent choice with Laurent Blanc. The Parisian project is very exciting.'