The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

Well said.

I believe one party or all others should be allowed to write their opinions here. After all, it´s a free world or isn´t it allowed here ?

Just because I did not like the way Chelsea won the CL, does that make me less of a fan ?

Umm...maybe, yeah. I understand when people want a better overall style and are unhappy with something that is less than beautiful to watch (that's for you Roman) but I don't understand how any Chelsea fan felt anything less than unadulterated joy when we won. I was jumping up and down like an idiot when Torres scored/Drogba scored/Cech saved a penalty/Drogba scored the penalty. I didn't think "well, the football we played was not aesthetically pleasing so this is less than satisfying." I can't imagine a Chelsea fan feeling that way. In fact, it's shocking to me that anybody would think that. T

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm...maybe, yeah. I understand when people want a better overall style and are unhappy with something that is less than beautiful to watch (that's for you Roman) but I don't understand how any Chelsea fan felt anything less than unadulterated joy when we won. I was jumping up and down like an idiot when Torres scored/Drogba scored/Cech saved a penalty/Drogba scored the penalty. I didn't think "well, the football we played was not aesthetically pleasing so this is less than satisfying." I can't imagine a Chelsea fan feeling that way. In fact, it's shocking to me that anybody would think that. T

One more time. I too was in heaven when Drogba scored. Was I happy with the display of the team during the 3 games against Barca & Bayern ? No, I was not. Can you comprehend that ?

One more time. I too was in heaven when Drogba scored. Was I happy with the display of the team during the 3 games against Barca & Bayern ? No, I was not. Can you comprehend that ?

No, I can't. Because you can't be elated at winning and also thinking "I'm unhappy with the way we won". You don't have to try to explain more because I am not going to get it.

You do realise that the way we won was probably the only way we could have won don't you?

It may not have sat well with you, but every Chelsea supporter I know was fine with the tactics employed in three games last year (one of which was a two-leg tie against the best team in the world, who we actually outscored).

Yup to quote Winston - never have so many, benefited from so few :)

We beat Barcelona - they and the World could not comprehend it... It was amazing! And the Final... Just wow! :) penalties against the Germans in their backyard - unbelievable!

P.S. No offence to our German fans, I'm sure you understand the previous pain as German teams ALWAYS beat English teams on penalties :)

Hey Bushman the fires have started early today lol :)

Ok, you didn't like the style of play, please tell how you would have won the competition any differently?

I just don't think there was any other option?

Fuck who cares about which style we won the CL in, we won the bastarding trophy after going close once before and maybe even twice if you class 2009 too. If you didn't like the way Chelsea won the CL then you are a complete nugget, how else were we gonna win it with that squad? Rely on Kalou's amazing spiderman haircut to distract the Bayern players? Honestly what a joke that guy is 'I did not like the way Chelsea wn the CL' just piss off.

One of the most stupid comments I've ever seen on here, actually ridiculous.

You guys are not having a proper argument. This is an attempt to insult one party to somehow magically make one reconsider their beliefs. Having an opinion that may not be popular in many eyes does not make one less of a fan or mentally retarded. Show some more tolerance towards each other and don't carry on this silly debate. You can expect people to have totally different views on life, football etc but that does not make you nor them wrong, just matter of perspective and the only option to reply to them shouldn't be hitting them unconscious with abuse.

Hi mate - great post...

However - I think slating our epic CL win, without backing such a statement is bound to cause problems...

If Bushman had said - we could have done X,Y,Z - I think people would have responded better...

Trouble is he doesn't and fair enough it's his opinion, but it does appear on the majority of occasions that he's deliberately trying to elicit a response of a negative nature :(

People shouldn't take it personally, I agree - but attacking for some, the single best moment as a CFC supporter is pretty low. It's like trying to sell a Rape victim a rape alarm next morning... Never gonna go down well....

Edit stupid iPad changed supporter to reporter...

Not trying to be funny but would you guys have preferred if Lampard just waltzed upto Messi and co like heres how its gonna go down 'You're gonna give us the ball, we're gonna play like you guys and have 70% of possession and create 50 chances, alright?" then we try that and get smashed 10-0 or something? Better to play it safe than like what Barca play, Barca aren't invincible, they may have the best style but style isn't always effective, I'd actually rather us be an effective team that creates fewer chances and scores them than one of these 'tiki taka' copycats who due to their style get teams sitting really deep and barely get a sniff/Arsenal.

ffs where was I when somebody decided tiki taka was the best style of football? because i absolutely loathe having 80% of possession and playing against 11 eleven man in their box. fuck tiki taka, good old counter play for the win!

The fact is, noone will ever be as good in tika taka as Barca.. what brought Chelsea success in the recent past was being a physical side, ala Stoke but with more technique and creativity. Playing like we play has not only - with a bit of luck- brought us the CL but we are also one of the only teams Barca does not want to meet. I think we miss those more physical players nowadays, it's gone to wanting more and more fragile flare players, who can bring in a lot of creativity etc but will ultimately struggle against a more physical side.

ffs where was I when somebody decided tiki taka was the best style of football? because i absolutely loathe having 80% of possession and playing against 11 eleven man in their box. fuck tiki taka, good old counter play for the win!

You probably weren't born when people worked out that dominating possession was the best way to play the game. Why wouldn't it be? You let the ball do the work, you knacker your opposition whilst you're conserving energy and let's be honest, the other team can't score if they don't have the ball.

Barcelona are just doing it in a slightly different way. Looking to play a style of football where you invite pressure on yourself isn't exactly a long-term plan is it?

Yes, I agree. However, to point it out here should not be so hard to accept, should it ?

When I read clueless attack on Rafa that´s allowed. When I point out DiM style I was attacked. Is that fair to you ?

In terms of last season, don't think many can criticize how RDM utilized the squad and the way he went about setting us up to play. It helped us to achieve what we achieved.

This season though, despite implementing a more attacking style, RDM did receive his fair share of criticisms in here. Team's poor defensive organization, playing attacking style but seem to lack a genuine plan/approach, late substitutions, lack of rotations etc are among some of it.

In terms of last season, don't think many can criticize how RDM utilized the squad and the way he went about setting us up to play. It helped us to achieve what we achieved.

This season though, despite implementing a more attacking style, RDM did receive his fair share of criticisms in here. Team's poor defensive organization, playing attacking style but seem to lack a genuine plan/approach, late substitutions, lack of rotations etc are among some of it.

I agree. The cricitism is well deserved. Somehow, folks in here are still missing my point. I SIMPLY DID NOT LIKE HIS PARK THE BUS.

And the thing is Rafa came in and nothing has changed!He makes crap subs,we defend in some mental way and dont seem to attack so much..we dont at the moment looking all that great against Brentford for christ sake!