The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

Could you please elaborate on those levels ?

Well for one thing we're actually playing as a team. We have both an attacking and defensive system unlike under Robbie and our performances are team based rather than relying on individual brilliance. In short, Jose is a top manager, Robbie is not.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for one thing we're actually playing as a team. We have both an attacking and defensive system unlike under Robbie and our performances are team based rather than relying on individual brilliance. In short, Jose is a top manager, Robbie is not.

I agree, Jose is a better manager. However, is Jose´s project working now ?

RDM packed the box with 11 players, CL title is at Stamford Bridge.

Are you happy with " beautiful " football being tried by Jose or does Roman need to dip into his account again so the club ends up with some decent results in May ?

I agree, Jose is a better manager. However, is Jose´s project working now ?

RDM packed the box with 11 players, CL title is at Stamford Bridge.

Are you happy with " beautiful " football being tried by Jose or does Roman need to dip into his account again so the club ends up with some decent results in May ?

No, it's not working too well at the moment and Jose is making too many mistakes. But the two "approaches" cannot be compared, imo, because RDM's bus can, at most with some luck, work for 2-3 months like it did but you can't defend for every without eventually conceding and you can't motivate players to defend like they did unless it is a cup final or semi. While on the other hand, if it works, Jose's project can bring success for a long time like it did the last time with JT, Frank and DD.

No, it's not working too well at the moment and Jose is making too many mistakes. But the two "approaches" cannot be compared, imo, because RDM's bus can, at most with some luck, work for 2-3 months like it did but you can't defend for every without eventually conceding and you can't motivate players to defend like they did unless it is a cup final or semi. While on the other hand, if it works, Jose's project can bring success for a long time like it did the last time with JT, Frank and DD.

I sincerely wish you are correct & Jose´s project gets going asap. However, if one points it out & posts, questions it, as in my case, I was....you know the story.

He can have as much as he wants, can't put a price on winning the CL. Even though thinking that Robbie was making £130k per week is crazy, I doubt Mourinho is even on something significantly more than that.

According to my knowledge Jose makes around 8.5m a year. When I added all up, it come up to 163k a week based on 52 weeks a year. Unbelievable, in my opinion. No wonder the price of tickets to attend PL games is sky high.

Somehow, I am not sure what you meant by it.

Are you in form ?

RDM had a great form thing going if that what you call it and ended up with the CL.

Mourinho is miles ahead of Robbie in terms of greatness.

It's more like comparing Ramsey and Lampard.

RDM had a great form thing going if that what you call it and ended up with the CL.

Mourinho is miles ahead of Robbie in terms of greatness.

It's more like comparing Ramsey and Lampard.

Well, partially I agree. Jose is miles ahead of RDM.

As for comparing Ram vs Lam..who´s better to you ? No pun intended.

Dude i can't act like a child.

There is no act here. I just want your opinion.

To me, Ram has a long way to catch up with Lamps. Will he get better, later ? He certainly has the potential. Somehow, I doubt it. Injuries & all. Lampard is one classy player, was & still is, to me.

There is no act here. I just want your opinion.

To me, Ram has a long way to catch up with Lamps. Will he get better, later ? He certainly has the potential. Somehow, I doubt it. Injuries & all. Lampard is one classy player, was & still is, to me.

Alright.

I reckon Ram in on a crazy run here. It's got to end some time. Just like it ended for RDM. But Lamps was on a crazy run since he was 22 up until his recent dip in form.

No way Ram is ever gonna get close to Lam. Wait till he face Stoke and Shawcross again. No harm intended to him.

Alright.

I reckon Ram in on a crazy run here. It's got to end some time. Just like it ended for RDM. But Lamps was on a crazy run since he was 22 up until his recent dip in form.

No way Ram is ever gonna get close to Lam. Wait till he face Stoke and Shawcross again. No harm intended to him.

Frank plays much deeper than last year. Not suited for him, I feel. I believe, he should be playing as before, that´s where he is best at. Jose´s project is forced upon him.