The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

Frank plays much deeper than last year. Not suited for him, I feel. I believe, he should be playing as before, that´s where he is best at. Jose´s project is forced upon him.

Agreed.

Jose's NEW project doesn't suit him at all.

He definitely can't play that CAM role, not when he's gonna face competition from Osc and Mata. That pivot role in a nightmare for Frank.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised Di Matteo is still not the manager of another club.

He turned down many offers... He even had the offer to join Sunderland before Poyet.

Probably because he was earning 140k per week with his Chelsea contact.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've given AVB stick in the past but fair play to the guy for jumping back into management to prove people who doubted him wrong.

Robbie's problem is that, with all due respect, he's not that great of a manager so why would he deal with all that stress when he's got a regular paycheque coming in? Yes he's a legend (moreso as a player for me, than a coach) but being realistic he's done bloody well for himself with that deal. Can't blame the club either because this type of deal actually makes more sense than a guaranteed payoff....so long as the coach you sack has aspirations to take up another job.

I've given AVB stick in the past but fair play to the guy for jumping back into management to prove people who doubted him wrong.

Robbie's problem is that, with all due respect, he's not that great of a manager so why would he deal with all that stress when he's got a regular paycheque coming in? Yes he's a legend (moreso as a player for me, than a coach) but being realistic he's done bloody well for himself with that deal. Can't blame the club either because this type of deal actually makes more sense than a guaranteed payoff....so long as the coach you sack has aspirations to take up another job.

AVB situation cannot be compared to Di Matteo's.

I'm sure that ginger beard wouldn't have taken up Sunderland or any mid table sides on a lower paycheck just to prove a point. He had that offer from Spuds- a top 5 team in a nice financial situation with a good squad. Also I'm sure he's on a similar pay scale.

And he had been taking hits at Chelsea every step of the way. Pretty disgraceful.

I'm sure RDM would have taken up the job if teams like Milan or Roma came calling irrespective of the wages. I'm sure his heart always beats for the Blues.

Also I'm sure he's on a similar pay scale.

He took a HUGE pay cut to join Spurs. Something like half of what he was getting here IIRC. Andre comes from a very rich family, so the money is not really a big factor for him.

And he had been taking hits at Chelsea every step of the way. Pretty disgraceful.

Not really true, either. For some who's been asked about Chelsea more than Tottenham for most of his first season there, he did try his best not to make comments about us. He was also showed a lot of respect for us on several occasions like when we beat them at the lane 4-2 last season and he came out and said that we had too much quality for them and when he was asked about something Luiz has done he just said that David is a personal friend of his who he admires..etc. In fact, the first real "hit" he took at Chelsea was this season when we nicked Willian off them and he said that they were going to sign Lmella "unless someone steals him as well".

Also I'm sure he's on a similar pay scale.

He took a HUGE pay cut to join Spurs. Something like half of what he was getting here IIRC. Andre comes from a very rich family, so the money is not really a big factor for him.

Not really true, either. For some who's been asked about Chelsea more than Tottenham for most of his first season there, he did try his best not to make comments about us. He was also showed a lot of respect for us on several occasions like when we beat them at the lane 4-2 last season and he came out and said that we had too much quality for them and when he was asked about something Luiz has done he just said that David is a personal friend of his who he admires..etc. In fact, the first real "hit" he took at Chelsea was this season when we nicked Willian off them and he said that they were going to sign Lmella "unless someone steals him as well".

Perhaps you haven't been getting everything right.

I distinctly remember him making comments that Spuds provide a better working condition than what he had at the Bridge. Also he stated that he is happier at Spuds and not friends with Mour which started another row.

You never stick up to someone who said that he doesn't care about Chelsea.

Perhaps you haven't been getting everything right.

I distinctly remember him making comments that Spuds provide a better working condition than what he had at the Bridge. Also he stated that he is happier at Spuds and not friends with Mour which started another row.

You never stick up to someone who said that he doesn't care about Chelsea.

The first is not really a hateful comment, rather just a fact. There is a lot less pressure at Tottenham than here. The second was after the Willian thing and it's not exactly a secret that he and Jose are not friends and Jose's response calling AVB childish is not much better.

Andre's not a bad guy. He's worked for Chelsea twice and did his absolute best both times.

Completely agree..if Robbie was an aspiring, enthuasiastic manager, he would have taken a job at a mid-table club by now.

Sure, he'd be dealing with stress and a tight wage/transfer budget...but if you truly love the game of football, you wouldn't sit around and wait for the perfect job offer.

Completely agree..if Robbie was an aspiring, enthuasiastic manager, he would have taken a job at a mid-table club by now.

Sure, he'd be dealing with stress and a tight wage/transfer budget...but if you truly love the game of football, you wouldn't sit around and wait for the perfect job offer.

Fuck off, the man won the Champions League, why should he manage Fulham now ?

TalkChelsea is not what it once was, the quality of the posters is weaker day by day. Especially since Munich there is so much shit being written, its beyond me.

That is complete bullshit!

Of the last 4 managers we sacked, only AVB decided to go to another club while receiving payments from the club. Scolari and Ancelotti both waited until the undisclosed clause ended and they are acomplished individuals...

RDM did more than everyone expected and you should have more respect towards him. All he is doing is waiting so he can get the money he so deserves and there is not a single problem with that. He is not hiding or avoiding stress or whatever, he is only guaranteeing a financial stability before he resumes his career. Dont be a hypocrite and say you would also deny 130k/week to coach Fulham!!!

AVB only accepted the Spurs offer because he was so eager to prove to everyone that he could be at a high level and because they had a very competitive team. If it wasnt for those two decisive factors, he would be cashing in just like all our other previous managers.

No, I dont think Di Matteo is a fantastic manager nor I think he will be able to repeat the things he did with Chelsea. However, it is pathetic to insinuate he is bad and afraid to accept another job just because he wants his payoff.

Fuck off, the man won the Champions League, why should he manage Fulham now ?

TalkChelsea is not what it once was, the quality of the posters is weaker day by day. Especially since Munich there is so much shit being written, its beyond me.

This is completely uncalled for. He only expressed an opinion which he is totally entitled to. You complain about the "quality" of the forum and yet you attack and insult a member just because you don't agree with his opinion..

That is complete bullshit!

Of the last 4 managers we sacked, only AVB decided to go to another club while receiving payments from the club. Scolari and Ancelotti both waited until the undisclosed clause ended and they are acomplished individuals...

RDM did more than everyone expected and you should have more respect towards him. All he is doing is waiting so he can get the money he so deserves and there is not a single problem with that. He is not hiding or avoiding stress or whatever, he is only guaranteeing a financial stability before he resumes his career. Dont be a hypocrite and say you would also deny 130k/week to coach Fulham!!!

AVB only accepted the Spurs offer because he was so eager to prove to everyone that he could be at a high level and because they had a very competitive team. If it wasnt for those two decisive factors, he would be cashing in just like all our other previous managers.

No, I dont think Di Matteo is a fantastic manager nor I think he will be able to repeat the things he did with Chelsea. However, it is pathetic to insinuate he is bad and afraid to accept another job just because he wants his payoff.

Actually from what I heard, AvB was willing to go back to Portugal to keep his mind in the game.

He is an eager learner, wants to do his best and loves the game of football.

AvB was going to get a job sooner rather than later..considering the recent trend towards younger managers.