New Chelsea Manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing on that but it has been widely reported that he will take over permanently on a 1 year deal. Telegraph are already running the news too.

http://www.telegraph...ew-manager.html

Thanks. Best possible decision imo.

I know some people like to discredit what he achieved last season and point out stupid faults, but just look at the squad he had to work with.

For next season he already has 2 better options in Hazard and Marin, add a couple more and then we'll see what he can really do.

Good post. I do believe though that the club would give more freedom to our manager if he survived here for more then 3 years and had good results behind him. Wenger and Ferguson have proven themself a lot of times to have a large say in the club's policy since they've been there for so long.

Arguably if you were a arsenal fan you may advocate the manager having less control over transfers and club direction, If I were god forbid a dirty scum sucking maggot who supported the woolwich wanderers then id be happy for the board to take some power away from him, as it stands I'm a proud chelsea fan who wants to see wenger at arsenal for many many more years they are headed the same way as liverpool under tubby, nowhere fast.

As i have said before i don't buy this manager should get full control over transfer's.

If you took over a club with Kenny Dalglish or Rafa Benitez incharge with their record would you be happy to hand them over £150m and tell them to sign who they like?

Daglish struck three incrediable deals though, the moves for Henderson, Carroll and Lionel Downing. They've worked wonders for him in fairness.

As i have said before i don't buy this manager should get full control over transfer's.

If you took over a club with Kenny Dalglish or Rafa Benitez incharge with their record would you be happy to hand them over £150m and tell them to sign who they like?

thas exactly what have been trying to explainto most of my mates! Roman this Roman that?

i would rather have our board choose our targets then managers! liverpool is great example of doing everything wrong.

I'll congrat this clublegend in any case, even so I don't think he's the right guy for the overhaul, but I should be glad, JOM playes his best football so far under his reign and may it long continue.

I don't know SHM maybe uses strong words but I honestly think he's somehow right, JT, when was young was a twat, thats understandable as 20 Years old gett'n so much praise and being on the sunny side of live. But he clearly has taken some steps too far for me, especially that betraying his wife thing, I don't judge him because she was Bridgy's EX-GIRLFRIEND, I judge him as a husband and a father.

He has clearly shown his egomanic side.

And Lamps, despite stateing he would do everything for this club and could imagine play'n a parttime role like Giggs at United, has shown he is NOT ready to take this step sideways and make room, he's one of the big reasons why AVB left and I hold im in regret for that, especially after he played the role under RDM he refused to play under AVB.

So they have to get taken aside and they have to get told, 'guys... Chillax'... in that manner I fully support SHM and I'm doubtfull for Robbie to have the guts to do this.

nontheless I welcome him and he deserves it, whatever we say...

Anyone who wants to get rid of the HEART AND SOUL of Chelsea FC (JT and Lampard) are plastic. Simple as that.

haha what a bullshit statement. recognising theyre past their best and are gonna have to be dropped soon doesnt make you plastic. If none of them can do whats best for chelsea and accept it when theyre on the bench then we have to get rid of them. Strange how youve only been a fin since 2003 (the year abramovic came) and youre calling other fans plastic.

Anyone who wants to get rid of the HEART AND SOUL of Chelsea FC (JT and Lampard) are plastic. Simple as that.

I totally agree with this.

However, there comes a time when older players must be replaced. That doesn't been banishing them from the club completely, as these two lads will stay until the end. But as for speaking about getting rid of them, that's a joke!

On the subject of a new Chelsea manager, please don't! Di Matteo must stay, simple.

Looks like its going to be Di Matteo according to just about every newspaper about and it's on the Sky Sports site too.

The talk is that it will be a 1 year deal with an option for a second year. I think this is the best way to have it, if it works and he delivers what Roman expects and in the manner he expects it then we can keep him, if not then he can move for Guardiola or somebody else.

Very happy for Di Matteo, deserves his chance after what he did last season, hopefully we can get 1 or 2 more signings to assemble a team that can really challenge for the league and in Europe.

haha what a bullshit statement. recognising theyre past their best and are gonna have to be dropped soon doesnt make you plastic. If none of them can do whats best for chelsea and accept it when theyre on the bench then we have to get rid of them. Strange how youve only been a fin since 2003 (the year abramovic came) and youre calling other fans plastic.

Lampard and JT still have alot to offer. They've done so much for the club over the years, hope they retire at the club.

Any true fan would understand that getting rid of JT and Lamps is a joke.

no one says get rid of them, I don't do and I didn't see SHM saying this, all I say is make them redundant, they can stay at the team and on the bench and for some immense nights when they're needed as long as they can crawl... but you place players higher than the Club so the only one whom is plastic imho is YOU...

why the hell would we get rid of the legendry club captain or the greatest player thats ever wore a shirt...obviously there will come a time when they cant play anymore and that will be the saddest day ever... but they still got loads to offer. the people saying we should get rid off our leading goalscorer last season can piss off... i wouldnt swap messi for super frank... :) :)

no one says get rid of them, I don't do and I didn't see SHM saying this, all I say is make them redundant, they can stay at the team and on the bench and for some immense nights when they're needed as long as they can crawl... but you place players higher than the Club so the only one whom is plastic imho is YOU...

No if JT and Lampard were a liability, which they are not, I could PERHAPS understand the outcry for them to leave (But I wouldn't agree with them). So I stand by the fact that if you want JT and Lampard to leave, you should hang your head in shame or better yet start supporting Citeh...

Let's keep things in perspective. No true Chelsea fan would be happy to see a Chelsea player imprisoned. Let alone one of our best ever historically.

We're not discussing should Terry be sold for playing shit which he hasn't been this season (apart from a horrendous end to the season allowing Carroll of all people to shit on him and nearly costing us the Champions League).