New Chelsea Manager

Alan Pardew from Newcastle United is a good option; he's had experience with the deadwood-phase (west ham) and also he's overperformed with Newcastle.

Most coach in PL that was successful in smaller team usually had problem managing the bigger team (The last example that I remember is Roy Hodgson, He was successful with Fulham and now with :angry: WBA but he struggled with liverpool). I am not sure why, that is my biggest concern with pardew and rogers

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most coach in PL that was successful in smaller team usually had problem managing the bigger team (The last example that I remember is Roy Hodgson, He was successful with Fulham and now with :angry: WBA but he struggled with liverpool). I am not sure why, that is my biggest concern with pardew and rogers

just consider this: are they bigger than the legend at Chelsea right now? nope. Maybe one of those legends need to take charge of the team for a while

if we want Barca type football, we need their coach i guess.

no! Sloth is right... we really need a manager who knows us well... in this case, Mourinho!

Hiring a manager, and making his tactics work efficiently, takes time... which, (as we, and more importantly, AVB have discovered), the board does not have!

do I think Mourinho will be our next manager... not really... but I wouldn't rule it out!

I'll take rafa so that he can make torres play better so that we can sell him for good price :dance:

That's a fundamentally sickening rationale. We paid a record £50 million for this 'super striker'. He wasn't meant to be the center of our problems but a solution. If Rafa comes I will be devastated, because it's merely an appointment borne out of a selfish necessity to feed Abramovich's ego and make him think this was"50 million well spent". What rubs salt in the wounds is the fact that his acquisition prevented us from buying Aguero. He was almost guaranteed to play in the Chelsea shirt until we brought Torres.

To be fair to the board they had to sack him in my opinion, they should of took control and bought players themselves however because it's obvious it's needed, the only thing i can think of for why they wouldn't do it, is if AVB said we don't need new players and they trusted him and didn't bother for it, but i doubt it because we were linked with players a lot and he was after some such as Willian, i actually wish we did get Franck Ribery in the summer, he would of been a big difference in my opinion, quality player who can cause problems and who is a natural winger that's who we have lacked, because Sturridge is inconsistent on the wing.

But like i said i can't blame the board for sacking him, if we of kept AVB, all what would of happened is we would of ended up 7th or 8th. Because we kept losing to any decent team and then draw to the relegation ones, the only team we can beat comfortably is Bolton. He had to go, i would of liked to see him next season with his players but it can't happen, if he can't sort the squad out now then he's not good enough in the first place. He showed that he's an average manager, he couldn't handle the players, bad subs, bad decision making, he couldn't change the game when needed, all he would of gotten us is 7th or 8th place.

It's stressfull for us fans, we have to deal with the board making stupid decisions such as giving him this huge clause on his contract, and have to compensate him shit loads. And we know the board wont learn from there mistakes. But it hasn't worked, that's it, lets get over it.

Di Matteo will step up, he done a wonderful job at West Brom and only got sacked because Hodgeson was knocking at the door (who has bags of experience), lets hope he can make a difference, i'm going to give him my full backing and hope he can learn from AVB's mistakes and sort this team out.

Jose would be a safe bet, he's the only one we know the players would respect 100% and who they know they can't undermine, because he's a bigger star than any of them. If the club do decide to move in on him, it will show that they admit they made a mistake firing him in first place and that all the things in the middle was a rough learning road.

I hope NOT Brendan Rodgers ,,,he is too decent a guy for our board ( and players)to fuck up

same of course with Zola

Weird and it may not sound right but for the same reasons i want them here....Because it is clear that until the players and board insult a legend the fans love more than the present crop of overpaid so called legends, most fans wont see beyond the board and players for what they really are...Pisses of shit

Jose would be a safe bet, he's the only one we know the players would respect 100% and who they know they can't undermine, because he's a bigger star than any of them. If the club do decide to move in on him, it will show that they admit they made a mistake firing him in first place and that all the things in the middle was a rough learning road.

maybe we should stop worrying about some of these players. every player Jose brought in might need to leave. idk why the board always wants to stick with underporforming players, but get rid of a coach the so fast. Carlo should have stayed. AVB should have stayed, at least till the season's end

Jose for me... Without a doubt... Not only because he's perfect for Chelsea and he was successfull here, but because for me he is symbol of Chelsea... I was so sad when he has been sacked and I would be so happy if he will be Chelsea coach again...