New Chelsea Manager

Di Matteo has been with the team for whole season and if he was that good, it would already have prooven, therefore I highly doubt he will change anything. On the other hand I will be very pleased if I am wrong and after all he is the best option for rest of the season.

Not really, think about it, assistant managers have stepped up many times when managers have been sacked then been offered the job at the end of the season. You need to remember Di Matteo didn't have full control of the squad, it's AVB's squad at the end of the day, he has the choice to do anything, now Di Matteo will so it's completely different.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Neville suggested David Moyes. I'm with him, big fan of Moyes! If he had a big budget, he may do wonders.

If Moyes get's a big job he will fare exactly the same way Allardyce and Roy did. Every one said they would do well at a big club and both made a pig's ear of it.

Not really, think about it, assistant managers have stepped up many times when managers have been sacked then been offered the job at the end of the season. You need to remember Di Matteo didn't have full control of the squad, it's AVB's squad at the end of the day, he has the choice to do anything, now Di Matteo will so it's completely different.

and will not have. "The 4 Leaders will have".

If Moyes get's a big job he will fare exactly the same way Allardyce and Roy did. Every one said they would do well at a big club and both made a pig's ear of it.

I think that's a bit harsh. Moyes has been consistent in getting the best out of the smallest squad in the league, his man management is good as well. He deserves the chance. He knows the English game, better than most, Ferguson once touted him as a person to replace him at United.

I think that Di matteo is an option if Chelsea does well from here on. Anything else but Mourinho is basically shite.

But in all honesty this is getting pathetic and embarrasing. Get rid of the bloody board, they are driving Chelsea FC down a hell hole and it will be bloody difficult for anyone to dig us out of there eventually. First of all, having a new manager every year offers no stability what so ever, the team cannot adapt and change their playstyle just like that, and also depending on what type of gamestyle will be played, there are different choices of signings to do.

Right now I am so embarrased for being a Chelsea fan.

Come on, just because one manager fails at a big club doesn't mean all of them will.

Look at Redknapp for example, he's done wonders at Spurs.

Like I said I hope I am wrong, but the biggest problem as I see it is that our players think they are untachable and they're not motivated enough. Well, if we'll wait till the end of the game on St Andrew's, we hopefuly get answer if he can change anything or not. Untill that we are only speculating on what will happen and once again I really hope you're right but I am afraind you're not.

Okay, well i am up for Di matteo trying his hand at this, he did well with west brom so let's see what he can do with this squad

Remember well, though maybe it was in a smaller guise i remember Di matteo did a astonishing job getting west brom outta the championship while as a inexperienced manager and into the prem

but sounds all too like AVB so lets not be certain

but i am always up for experimenting

and i did see a mention of the front page of us taking a look at AC milan, and yes they had their own mini turmoil as well, but i like to think of another team we should look at for maybe inspiration

180px-Valencia_Cf_Logo_original.png

and

Juventus-01.gif (they had a managerial merry go round themselfs

deschamps,Raneri,Ferrara,Del neri,Conte) and during the 09-10 10-11 they struggled bad, team was changing (Exiting the JUVE5 era) and well into a new one

Like I said I hope I am wrong, but the biggest problem as I see it is that our players think they are untachable and they're not motivated enough. Well, if we'll wait till the end of the game on St Andrew's, we hopefuly get answer if he can change anything or not. Untill that we are only speculating on what will happen and once again I really hope you're right but I am afraind you're not.

having got rid of AVB they might feel like putting in a decent EFFORT for a few games as long as the team selection and tactics are to their

liking... tail wags the dog again.

Does anyone think we're going to have a massive clear out in the summer? i think it depends on the manager we bring in... but hopefully we will go through the transition we need.

Nope. Because the board still believe the players are more than capable of being title contenders.

So he was sitting there and doing nothing for past 8 months?

Gary Neville and Graeme Souness were right with everything they said. And hearing Guillem Balague on Spanish Football, i have even less confidence Jose will come back. Tottenham or Man City are more likely to get him than us.

He was at Porto, won everything.

Came to Chelsea when we had everything set, we were ready for something big.

Went to Inter who had won like 2 or 3 italian titles in a row and players in a good age. They were ready for something big.

Went to Real Madrid who are Real Madrid... they have great players and will always be in the mix. He had the bottle to get rid of Raul & Guti.

What will he get at us now? He wont want to be the one to get rid of DD, Lamps and JT and rebuild. He only goes to teams that are ready, teams that are set up to move to the next level. We're on the decline and it's rapid.

Tottenham are set up and are ready for the next step and Man City are ready for something huge. I think, in fact i'm 100% sure that he'll be in charge of either Man City or Tottenham if not next season, the season after.

I think that's a bit harsh. Moyes has been consistent in getting the best out of the smallest squad in the league, his man management is good as well. He deserves the chance. He knows the English game, better than most, Ferguson once touted him as a person to replace him at United.

Yeah i know he's doe well with Everton but Big Sam and Roy both got even smaller and inferior squad's into Europe and every one was saying they would smash top jobs but both messed them up.

Maybe Moyes would be differet but i cant help but feel wary, same with Rodgers.

how much money did we lose ? 25 mil ?

year after year, season after season I have been hoping that this "x" manger is the man to stay for years to come and every year I get disappointed ... I think almost every Chelsea Fan out there thought that AVB would be the next Wenger/Fergie of Chelsea Fc !!! and here is, out of the club without even completing one season .

http://www.hasandrevillasboasbeensackedyet.com/