Main striker for next season

Henrique

Who should be our main striker?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. main striker for next season

If Robbie played Torres for the rest of the season, and gave some decent game time to Lukaku we could see how both stack up for next season. I don't see the point in keeping trust in Drogba when he's leaving in the summer and a few good games aside, has been shite for the last 18 months.

If Torres bombs then we need a new main striker, but if he played and got another 4 or 5 goals this season then I would stick with him.

Torres has always thrived being the main man and having someone have confidence in him being main man. It was the case at both Atletico Madrid and Liverpool.

I would then in those circumstances be happy for us to buy someone like Demba Ba if his £7m release clause is true to add the squad depth left thin by the departure of Drogba.

agree with all of that

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a little surprised only 2 voted for drog more surprised that 12 think Lukaku is ready to be our MAIN striker

I included Drogba days ago because if people believe Torres should be our mains striker, why not Didier.

I think we shouldnt waste our money on a striker. Use Sturridge as our main striker, buy a winger and a midfielder. Sturridge is hungry for goals! His selfishness could prove effective.

Unless we can get Falcao. That would be boss.

I think we shouldnt waste our money on a striker. Use Sturridge as our main striker, buy a winger and a midfielder. Sturridge is hungry for goals! His selfishness could prove effective.

Unless we can get Falcao. That would be boss.

With one striker system your striker should not be selfish. Danny should stay on the wing, I don't think he will ever get his wish playing central because his game is based on pace and running unless we get a new coach that play different system

Torres has always thrived being the main man and having someone have confidence in him being main man. It was the case at both Atletico Madrid and Liverpool.

He went to Chelsea to win titles and be part of a real squad ; not a "3 players and 8 random blokes" gamesheet anymore like at Liverpool. From that I don't think we can reproach him with the fact he didn't expected his current numerical situation.

It's like with the fee, I don't think it's about the 60m but really the mediatic harassing. Torres planned a move quite early and not many clubs in Europe could have payed a huge fee and many were struck from the list (City, Manure, Real...)

This season I think Torres hasn't been that bad considering that he was at the top of a static team with no deliveries. And he really has managed to produce a dozen of good/very good performances where he was given a run, or when he had good deliveries (it's not with one lucky chance per game that he could have broken his goal drought during the winter...)

Players like Drogba or Cavani are able to create chances from themselves with poor service and poor deliveries quality (clearances Drogba manages to transform into chances by example). If Cavani eventually signs I already see stupid comparisons between what the one can do and not the other. Anyway...

Fernando Torres, perhaps buy another striker but there is no need to spend major, 40-50 million pound type money, as we would have to if we were to sign Cavani. Next season has to be Fernando's year to be given the opportunity of being the main man at Chelsea.

Mate I seem to agree with every one tonight we need complementary strikers period but I think our biggest issue is the midfielder none including Mata ca really pull the strings

Why the hell do some have Mceachran in the starting lineup when he cant even get a game for Swansea?

at swansea he was used earlier on but then gylfi sigurdsson emerged and is in the form of his life.....so mceachran is down the peckin order but he's immense! silky feet and the ability to pick out a pass......v r lookin around at costly creative midfielders when we have one right under our noses..!