Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I think it is because our interest in De Bruyne started before AVB arrived. It is crazy what a little bit of logic can do.

Villas Boas is making fun of medias, he wanted De Bruyne at Porto and was impressed when Porto faced Genk in Champions League qualification rounds. I must admit I don't really understand the utility of that kind of comment, especially because De Bruyne is the most interesting player we could have: great mentality, versatile, can play on both wings and behind a striker, has a great passing into space ability and can shoot from distance...

He's similar to Hoilett, except in the mentality

I think we are taking this too much into context about this not being 100% AVB signing, its not like he has got hoisted upon him as MUST go into the first team.

Its similar when you sign a young player 16-21, come into the fringes/reserves and if they impress the manager will give them a shot, Mourinho didn't sing Sinclair in 2005 but gave him a go at The Emirates 2 years later because he impressed at Plymouth.

http://www.lifesapit...as-boas-system/

Good read and is exactly what we all want with the formation!

Interesting read, but this got my attention:

And on the left, he had Silvestre Varela, a natural winger – powerful but tricky, two-footed but predominantly coming inside onto his right foot.

That to me seem smore like a Hazard then him....well the tricky part. :D

But KDB would be a good squad player.

Porto allegedly wanted to sign Lukaku as Falcao's replacement after he moved to Atletico ; whereas Villas Boas planned to sign Lukaku at Chelsea one summer later. Because he left Porto in bad terms (even if Porto does never takes players on loan, he didn't want to speak again to his former club) and didn't wan't the player to sign elsewhere, that's why he signed him hastily.

And it's what explains why Lukaku wasn't on the Champions League squad, when Villas Boas arrived at Chelsea he didn't have Lukaku in his 2011/2012 plans

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Jupiler_Pro_League/120130_De_Bruyne_in_Londen

Says here that he's taking the Eurostar ( just like Lukuku did ) to come over for the medical , Monday morning.

Saturday excelled De Bruyne including two goals against OH Leuven and Sunday morning he was still on the run course at Genk.

Belga

In the afternoon he took the Eurostar to London, including in the company of a reporter from The Evening News. Monday morning around 9am, the medical tests at Chelsea start.

De Bruyne would draw at Chelsea for 5.5 seasons and Genk 8 million euros yield. He makes the season anyway in Genk, confirmed as CEO Dirk Degraen.

Goes with the new club policy of awarding a steady 5 1/2 year contract for new signings .

8 million euros is a really good fee. but if we're not going to be making any more signings in the Jan window then I would have preferred him staying here rather than going back to Genk. But still will be good to see this kid signed up.

hope this is true about KDB. i want that guy in chelsea as a replacement for malouda. he is versatile and can play in the midfield as well. although i thinnk we need him now, it is best he remains in genk or on loan to a team that will play him week in week out than bring him in and bench him like lukaku. on the hindsight, it would have been great if we bought lukaku and kept him in anderlecht till the end of the season. he would have gained more than on chelsea bench.

Le Roman: "I really want Hazard signing for us this summer. He's looking to go to England anyway."

Le AVB: "Well, we have Lukaku & Courtois. Man City has Kompany and Boyata. Man United have De Laet. Arsenal has Vermaelen."

Le Roman: "Okay, lets get another Belgian then. Any suggestions?"

Le AVB: "This Kevin guy looks promising."

Le Roman: "Great, I'll wait till transfer deadline day to seal the deal. He'll join us in the summer so Hazard can choose Chelsea based on the fact that we have a shitload of Belgians."

Le AVB: "Excellent."

Le Roman: "Oh, and André. Try to play some decent football from now on, 'kay?'

Le AVB: "Well, I don't have Hazard right now..."

De Bruyne set for Blues medical

Eurosport

Kevin De Bruyne is set to undergo a medical at Chelsea on Monday ahead of his move from Genk, according to the Belgian club.

The 20-year-old midfielder is on the brink of joining the Blues in a reported £6.7million deal on a five-and-a-half-year contract that would see him loaned back to his current team for the rest of the season.

Asked if De Bruyne was at Chelsea for a medical, a Genk spokesmen told Press Association Sport: "Yes, that is correct."

The spokesman also confirmed De Bruyne would see out the season with the Belgian champions before returning to Chelsea in the summer.

The winger would then have to convince manager Andre Villas-Boas to make him part of the Blues' first-team plans, which could be tricky.

Villas-Boas admitted on Friday that Chelsea's pursuit of De Bruyne - who would become their second January capture after Gary Cahill - had nothing to do with him.