Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Andre Villas-Boas Admits Kevin De Bruyne Nothing To Do With Him

It's somewhat-interesting-quote Friday! Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has admitted he has very little to do with the impending signing of Genk winger Kevin de Bruyne, and that Chelsea's long term plans are out of his hands:

You have to speak to the people from the club about [the de Bruyne deal]. It's not within my immediate projects. He's a player the club has scouted for some time. I'm a manager who respects club policy. A club has to look to the future, whether it's with this manager or another. I think Kevin is an extremely interesting player and is a good bet if the club finishes the situation.

Source: BBC

It's pretty easy to twist that into making it seem as though Villas-Boas doesn't want the young Belgian, but if you're familiar with the way Chelsea are currently set up it's entirely sensible. The manager's job is to coach the first team, and de Bruyne's nowhere near first-team ready. While I'm sure that Director of Football Michael Emenalo would coordinate with Villas-Boas on the transfer of players who are coming directly into the squad (e.g. Gary Cahill), there's absolutely no reason for the manager to get involved with prospects like de Bruyne, because they're entirely outside his sphere of responsibility.

Also, it's always a good time to bring up how good a job Emenalo seems to be doing - he's made some great buys since stepping in as DoF, an appointment which met with heavy resistance from fans, and we don't mention him enough in these parts.

I guess that quote wasn't that interesting after all. Oh well.

Source: http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/1/27/2753281/andre-villas-boas-kevin-de-bruyne-transfer

Lukaku was the same, we were interested in him long before avb arrived. I have an issue though with the way avb goes about things in the media. I mean could he not just have towed the party line and said yes we want him here! Why does he need to let the world know this is "not part of his project" what can he accomplish by telling everyone this other than possibly making a young player who has yet to arrive at the club feel that the manager doesn't really want him. I know a lot of European managers allow the club to buy the players and they just manage who they are given but that doesn't seem to be avbs way. Just seemed to me anyway an unnecessary statement to make. Just my opinion

Didn't seen them mate, just turned on stream to late..(stupid thing is the stream follows all belgian games tonight so only let's see the big chances and goals) It's 4-0 now..

But som football site gives a description, they say two good shots, and allready he had a good chance before his goals, ow and some skill moves again :)

Very weird, three/four shit games and now so good.. But hey, i'm not complaining ;)

Didn't seen them mate, just turned on stream to late..(stupid thing is the stream follows all belgian games tonight so only let's see the big chances and goals) It's 4-0 now..

But som football site gives a description, they say two good shots, and allready he had a good chance before his goals, ow and some skill moves again :)

Very weird, three/four shit games and now so good.. But hey, i'm not complaining ;)

thanks for keeping us up to date

http://www.rtbf.be/s...genk?id=7474993

De Bruyne seemingly does not know anything about any transfer, he said that Chelsea didn't phone him and even if he signs for Chelsea he'll stay until the end of the season. He guarantees that it's not his last game for Genk.

The articles reads that Genk's president Dirk Degraen went to London 2 times this week, and that the contract would be 5 and a half years, De Bruyne expected to stay for 6 months in Belgium