Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Jabs on Mourinho? Funny, because I just read a Belgian newspaper that interviewed Kevin saying he liked Mourinho very much and had no problems with him at all.

I hate English media, despicable

Is this a pro-belgium forum, or a Chelsea forum?

Bottom line, he didnt cut it at the club. Get over it.

A few of you are being far to harsh on KdB, people forget he is a young lad - I'm sure if he had experience he might have stuck around but a young guy needs a bit of trust from his manager, not just a few games.

Best of luck from him I think he is a quality attacking midfielder but sadly for him we have plenty of better players he needed to play ahead in order to develop and get used to the way we play.

Jabs on Mourinho? Funny, because I just read a Belgian newspaper that interviewed Kevin saying he liked Mourinho very much and had no problems with him at all.

I hate English media, despicable

I agree. I read the same thing via John Chapman. The English media once posted this when they got drawn with Italy.

Ba4xjbYIUAAjmoL.jpg

After Bucharest. One could ask why he was 3kg heavier going into the season? And he asks why he was dropped after the United game - because you did fuck all in that match mate.

Then you got 90 minutes against Swindon and guess what....you were shit in that one too. Azpi wasn't. Azpi took his chance and now he's playing week in and week out.

So there you go. You got a chance to impress against a League One side in a Chelsea shirt and you didn't take it. That's more than 99% of all professional footballers will ever get. Sounds harsh but why is he spouting this stuff now?

He's not spouting stuff, he gave an interview to a Belgian paper who were always gonna ask questions about Mourinho, the quality source who dare call themselves a paper you got this from conveniently leave out the bits where he praises Mourinho.

I'm sure all those you mentioned had 5 class competitors for their position. The boy sacrificed 6 months without football because Mourinho made him believe he'd play a role in this team. He never whined or complained, which is extraordinary to be fucking honest. That alone deserves respect, but you don't care and that's fine lad.

Pity that such talented players receive such treatment in the club. Moreover, we never got the chance to see how he'd work out in the pivot or a CM in 4-3-3......

He's not spouting stuff, he gave an interview to a Belgian paper who were always gonna ask questions about Mourinho, the quality source who dare call themselves a paper you got this from conveniently leave out the bits where he praises Mourinho.

So he didn't say he didn't understand why he got dropped after the United game?

Jose seems to have got him to work harder to the point where he lost unnecessary fat, despite us having lots of cakes in Cobham. Does a professional footballer deserve much credit for not eating cakes? Either way, he knuckled down and Jose apparently wanted him to stay but De Bruyne asked to leave. That's fair enough. He either recognised that he wasn't good enough or didn't have the attitude needed to succeed here. We made a profit and I hope one day he finds out why he got dropped after United. I really do.

So he didn't say he didn't understand why he got dropped after the United game?

Jose seems to have got him to work harder to the point where he lost unnecessary fat, despite us having lots of cakes in Cobham. Does a professional footballer deserve much credit for not eating cakes? Either way, he knuckled down and Jose apparently wanted him to stay but De Bruyne asked to leave. That's fair enough. He either recognised that he wasn't good enough or didn't have the attitude needed to succeed here. We made a profit and I hope one day he finds out why he got dropped after United. I really do.

So let's focus on this interview after being quiet half a year, despite being constantly in the stands. I too believe he's not better than our AM's (except Schurrle), and he was shit vs ManU.

But I am of the opinion that he deserves respect for abiding Mourinho's wishes and staying while he had very concrete interest from Dortmund.

I'm also abit bitter that he didn't make it here because he's quality and it would eventually have shown. (think it's kinda normal I'd love to see Belgian players do well at my favourite club?)

lol at you hypocrites wishing him good luck. Deep inside we are all secretly hoping he is a total flop so that we don't make fools out of ourselves

Not really. We got good money for him in a position where we are stacked in. It's nothing like the Sturridge deal for example. Even if KDB realised his great potential we do have players like Hazard and Oscar you know?

Some people like myself are genuinely wishing him good luck. If he succeeds then it isn't a surprise because he's a good player after all. There's no reason to be bitter.

So let's focus on this interview after being quiet half a year, despite being constantly in the stands. I too believe he's not better than our AM's (except Schurrle), and he was shit vs ManU.

But I am of the opinion that he deserves respect for abiding Mourinho's wishes and staying while he had very concrete interest from Dortmund.

I'm also abit bitter that he didn't make it here because he's quality and it would eventually have shown. (think it's kinda normal I'd love to see Belgian players do well at my favourite club?)

We've still got Lukaku, Courtois, a couple of Hazards and at least 3 Musondas (maybe more, who knows?). You'll not be short of countrymen to see make it here I hope.

The problem is that if you ask footballers anything then there's a high likelihood they'll say something stupid. It's called the Sturridge effect. Kev had chances here and he never impressed which is a shame. Maybe the stage was too big for him and there's no shame in it. Just don't say silly things about not understanding why you were dropped and next time you get a chance at a big club be in the best possible shape before the season starts.

lol at you hypocrites wishing him good luck. Deep inside we are all secretly hoping he is a total flop so that we don't make fools out of ourselves

What the fuck?

He was a Chelsea player for two years and in that time most of us grew somewhat fond of him so I don't see a problem with wanting him to succeed elsewhere because it's not like he joined our direct rival. I can't imagine him making Chelsea look like mugs no matter how well he does at Wolfsburg because we will still have a ridiculous amount of wonderful attacking midfielders who will continue to bring success to the club, not to even mention youngsters like Piazon and Traore making their way up the ranks as they grow older. De Bruyne's market value could not have gone any higher than the £17-20m he now went for if he stayed at Chelsea and kept sitting on the bench so even if he was worth double that amount in a few years it will still have been a good piece of business by the club to sell the squad's sixth choice attacking midfielder for a big profit and then re-invest the money on a central midfielder who has the potential to have a huge impact on our title challenge not only this season but also for the next five years or so.

His problem I think was that he wasn't interested in improving his defensive game, adding more things to his game.

In the Bundesliga with a team like Werder, he had much more space and even said that he didn't like the tactical training of his coach and he said that he would prefer if the attacking players would do like they want lol.

Even with Belgium, he would press high on the pitch but not really play a positional play to cut passing option deeper.

I think that's why he likes the bundesliga, except two three teams, it's a bit end to end football with a lot of space.

His problem I think was that he wasn't interested in improving his defensive game, adding more things to his game.

In the Bundesliga with a team like Werder, he had much more space and even said that he didn't like the tactical training of his coach and he said that he would prefer if the attacking players would do like they want lol.

Even with Belgium, he would press high on the pitch but not really play a positional play to cut passing option deeper.

I think that's why he likes the bundesliga, except two three teams, it's a bit end to end football with a lot of space.

Lol if this is true (I can't imagine it is) he will do well to avoid the italian league completely in his career and hope capello is not the belguim manager.