Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I wish him all the best.

Quality player but still way behind our other attacking mids and judging by reports he wasn't willing to fight for his place as hard as everyone else so it would have been hard for Mourinho to give him a bigger slice of the pie when the others were playing well too. Good move for all parties I would say, we made a big profit on a player we didn't really need but Wolfsburg will be getting a great player for a reasonable price and with De Bruyne's contribution they might even qualify for the Champions League next season.

All the best to the lad! Never really given a full chance but you have to earn that place at a club like Chelsea and Jose knows best. I'm sure he will make first team football at Wolfsburg, so good luck to him!!

I believe, he was given a proper chance to shine at Chelsea.

I never doubted his ability to play, but somehow he was not ready mentally.

Many players were or are as a shoe-in. KDB failed at Chelsea, I feel.

I believe, he was given a proper chance to shine at Chelsea.

I never doubted his ability to play, but somehow he was not ready mentally.

Many players were or are as a shoe-in. KDB failed at Chelsea, I feel.

I don't disagree but I don't fully agree either. The games he did play, he had some good moments and had some bad ones but I just don't think he could get into the squad over the players we have in his current positions. The players playing at the moment deserve to be in the team and he was not good enough to force them out.

“I didn’t leave Chelsea because I have to go to the World Cup – it could be over after three games – but just because I lost my joy.”

“My pre-season was good, my first game too, but I still don’t know why I lost my place after the game against Manchester United.

I wish you all the very best kevin. hope he rediscovers his joy and passion for the game at wolfsburg because he's delightful to watch when on form.

I don't disagree but I don't fully agree either. The games he did play, he had some good moments and had some bad ones but I just don't think he could get into the squad over the players we have in his current positions. The players playing at the moment deserve to be in the team and he was not good enough to force them out.

Well, basically that´s what I have said. Let him thrive in Germany. Under Jose, Chelsea´s players are expected to be tough mentally. KDB was not.

The one issue I have is why he was never tried in the pivot, in the Ramires role with a holding player next to him.
It's quite clear he isn't on the same level as the other attacking midfielders, bar Schürrle who I don't rate but nevertheless brings something unique to the team. De Bruyne doesn't have the speed of Hazard and tenacity of Oscar or Willian, nor the technical brilliance of Mata.
But he does have an excellent range of passing and did play for Genk and Werder in central midfield from time to time, and did quite well. Obviously still had to evolve and grow into that role and especially work on his defensive side... But I guess at Chelsea you really have to be the developped product. You're always expected to be competitive and get few chances to try new things in the season.

I do wonder tho if KDB would've been tried in central midfield when there was a coach here with less of a defensive mindset as Mourinho.