Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Why the heck we sold him? He and Hazard fit together perfectly and today, it was seen again...If Kevin forced move, Mou couldnt do much (except maybe planing on selling only KDB or Mata), but if Mou indeed was the one who cut him off and sold him, then he should realy show some more patience and belief in KDB.

To me, Kevin would be perfect competition to Oscar.

I dunno, Mou is making good team, but if we had coach who could adapt to our players (Mou, KDB, Luiz) more, we might play much more attacking football and in few years when team gels together, we would be unbeatable...but then again, Mou is doing good job, except he cant adopt his style to players he already has/had.

Once again, I saw one fine KDB, last night. You can blame the Belgium media, blame Jose or whomever, but the bottom line is somebody fucked up at Chelsea royally. This kid is one fine player & he will even get better. There is no need to make excuses now, but one thing I am afraid of is to see Lukaku being pushed out of Chelsea just like KDB was.

Once again, I saw one fine KDB, last night. You can blame the Belgium media, blame Jose or whomever, but the bottom line is somebody fucked up at Chelsea royally. This kid is one fine player & he will even get better. There is no need to make excuses now, but one thing I am afraid of is to see Lukaku being pushed out of Chelsea just like KDB was.

Agree .. and anyone who says both were given decent chances are equally fucked up.

I have said something similar in regard to Lukaku

Several folks on here think Lukaku had asked to be loaned on his own. Well, then I would like to ask. Did Lukaku have any other option, if he was told " kid you are not my starter & you will be lucky to play 15 minutes in the odd game."

KDB asked for a transfer, José asked him to stay, KDB himself said this in a docu regarding Belgian players going to the wc..

Only thing José was at fault is that he didn't give the kid a real chance, even when he said that he would get playing time in december and he didn't give any..(except one league cup game?)

One of the best on the pitch yet again...

He's getting back to his best form.

At some moments in the game he was absolutely genius. Involved in every chance Belgium created and at times Sweden were making desperate fouls to try to stop him. Wilmots said he's the engine in the national team and he's abolutely right, one of the few players that's really unreplacable for us. His vision and workrate has been crucial.

Why the heck we sold him? He and Hazard fit together perfectly and today, it was seen again...If Kevin forced move, Mou couldnt do much (except maybe planing on selling only KDB or Mata), but if Mou indeed was the one who cut him off and sold him, then he should realy show some more patience and belief in KDB.

To me, Kevin would be perfect competition to Oscar.

I dunno, Mou is making good team, but if we had coach who could adapt to our players (Mou, KDB, Luiz) more, we might play much more attacking football and in few years when team gels together, we would be unbeatable...but then again, Mou is doing good job, except he cant adopt his style to players he already has/had.

Currently there's a tv-show in Belgium about our national team players. Every episode is about one player. De Bruyne and his grand-dad also talked about his 6 months with Chelsea :

- his grand-dad asked him if he ever talked to Mourinho about his lack of game-time. De Bruyne answered : "you don't talk to Mourinho, Mourinho only talks to you".

- his coach from Genk said in the same episode that he enjoyed the talks he had with De Bruyne about team tactics and football in general. They didn't always agree, he said with a little smile, but he liked the fact that a young player showed a bit of character.

- in december Mourinho asked KDB to stay at Chelsea, but KDB said that he wanted to play football and he didn't believe he would get sufficiant game-time at Chelsea.

- his manager said that De Bruyne has absolutely no clue about his wage or the money on his bank-account, the only thing that matters to him is playing football. De Bruyne is a player that needs game-time to play his best and natural game and Chelsea was the first time in his life when he wasn't getting it.

You can only say that the time for KDB at Chelsea wasn't right. Chelsea clearly didn't believe in him enough to not buy Willian and KDB wasn't prepared to wait for his chance at Chelsea. Too bad KDB only could show his best in the first game against Hull.

Not sure why there's discussion about this still. He didn't fancy his chances at a top European club so he asked to leave and went to a mid-tier Bundesliga team where he'd get plenty of football. Good for him doing well for Belgium too but he asked to leave this club. Jose doesn't want players who don't want to be here and fight for a spot in a top club and I don't blame him.

Using what happened with De Bruyne as a stick to bash Jose is a bit silly but unsurprising when you look at the comments.