Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

There is no doubt there will be player movement in January. Jose is not happy with the squad and plans to adjust it to suit his style of play. Kevin should be given a bigger chance but should always take it with both hands. I feel he holds back when playing for Chelsea. Playing for us seems very overwhelming for the young lad. Once he sorts out his confidence, he will play a lot better.

Eden Hazard very clear on KDB situation in an interview for Belgian television:

"He (KDB) 's old enough to make his own decisions."

"But playing in a WC after not having played for a year, to me seems very difficult. It's up to him to decide whether or not he should leave Chelsea, but if he does and he can accumulate more game time, that would be good for him. And for the Belgian NT as well. If we want to have him at his best, I think it's better if he left."

If he wants to succeed here,he'll have to adapt to a role in the pivot.Now if he doesn't want to do that then its totally understandable as its not his natural position and therefore should leave in January.

Just can't see him flourishing as a winger for Chelsea.

Since KDB has not cracked into Chelsea´s talented midfield, he ought to move on in January, I feel.

The club should even consider to sell him in January.

I believe, around 10-12m for him, the same amount for BA could be had.

Money used to buy Falcao & Chelsea is winning the PL, easily. :getin:

I would even try to offer Fernando for around 25-30m in January. Now, that would do the trick, big time.

If he wants to succeed here,he'll have to adapt to a role in the pivot.Now if he doesn't want to do that then its totally understandable as its not his natural position and therefore should leave in January.

Just can't see him flourishing as a winger for Chelsea.

He's played as a central midfielder before.

Eden Hazard advises team-mate Kevin De Bruyne to leave Chelsea

• 'For him leaving and playing, that would be good'
• José Mourinho yet to give De Bruyne a full 90 minutes

theguardian.com, Monday 18 November 2013 10.24 GMT

Kevin-De-Bruyne-of-Belgiu-008.jpgKevin De Bruyne of Belgium. Photograph: Thierry Roge/EPA

Eden Hazard, the Belgium and Chelsea midfielder, has advised his national and club team-mate Kevin De Bruyne to leave the Premier League side in order to get enough match action before next year's World Cup finals in Brazil.
Since his return from a loan spell at Werder Bremen, De Bruyne, Belgium's top scorer in qualifying for Brazil, has started only four matches for Chelsea and has not played a full 90 minutes. Chelsea's manager José Mourinho attended Belgium's 2-0 defeat to Colombia on Friday.
"For sure, playing at a World Cup without having been in action for a year, I think that's very difficult. I think for him that leaving and playing, that would be good," Hazard told the Belgian public broadcaster VRT. "If we want to get the best out of Kevin, I think that it's best if he leaves."
De Bruyne, 22, has already been linked with a return to the Bundesliga during the January window, which would give him several months to return to top form by the time the World Cup kicks off.

Eden Hazard advises team-mate Kevin De Bruyne to leave Chelsea

• 'For him leaving and playing, that would be good'

• José Mourinho yet to give De Bruyne a full 90 minutes

theguardian.com, Monday 18 November 2013 10.24 GMT

Kevin-De-Bruyne-of-Belgiu-008.jpgKevin De Bruyne of Belgium. Photograph: Thierry Roge/EPA

Eden Hazard, the Belgium and Chelsea midfielder, has advised his national and club team-mate Kevin De Bruyne to leave the Premier League side in order to get enough match action before next year's World Cup finals in Brazil.
Since his return from a loan spell at Werder Bremen, De Bruyne, Belgium's top scorer in qualifying for Brazil, has started only four matches for Chelsea and has not played a full 90 minutes. Chelsea's manager José Mourinho attended Belgium's 2-0 defeat to Colombia on Friday.
"For sure, playing at a World Cup without having been in action for a year, I think that's very difficult. I think for him that leaving and playing, that would be good," Hazard told the Belgian public broadcaster VRT. "If we want to get the best out of Kevin, I think that it's best if he leaves."
De Bruyne, 22, has already been linked with a return to the Bundesliga during the January window, which would give him several months to return to top form by the time the World Cup kicks off.

While what Hazard said is true, not sure whether Mourinho will take too kindly to these comments..

Hazard is in his country, talking in a NT context, I'm sure José will write it off as nothing... because that's what it is: nothing more than a player in his country talking about what he thinks is best for his national team. I don't see any drama from José about it. Eden didn't judge José for not playing Kevin - that would cause some drama, but saying his NT teammate needs to leave to play more in a WC year? Expected and not a big deal.

I just took the chance to talk about what I think will happen to our never ending list of AMs.

And then we haven't even discussed Thorgan Hazard yet :-) brilliant player! great technique, vista, impressive stats both in finishing and assisting ... destined to win Belgian's Golden Boot this year, be curious to see what he can do at a higher level (BPL or other major competition).

Was thinking the same when i readed that, is he allowed to say stuff like this?

Don't judge too fast. For those of us who actually saw the interview, Hazard in reality insists on how it's not his decision to make and that it's entirely up to KDB and Chelsea to decide on his future. He only admits to the reporter that if he would be in Kevin's situation he'd find it difficult to play a role in the world cup and that he'd want more match time and would probably ask for a move.

So yet another case of journalists making a big thing out of nothing.

Somethimes I think there are just too many journalists in this world.

Would have loved to see him get some minutes today against Japan. Not like he really needed to be rested since I dont see him getting any minutes this weekend.

Came into the squad after 65 minutes. Played as an AM with lots of freedom, from the right wing but drifting to the center most of the time. Had a much better performance then his Colombia-game. Actually changed the game, before he came in Belgium were losing possession all the time, were lacking skill, passing and movement in central midfield. De Bruyne was asking for the ball all the time, kept possession and played the ball forward well. Had a nice, but difficult, chance in the last minutes, but his volley was too central in goal. He finally looked a bit like the De Bruyne we know, appeared to have much more confidence. Maybe Mourinho's attendance at the Colombia-game made him feel too much like he had to prove something, I don't know.

Would have loved to see him get some minutes today against Japan. Not like he really needed to be rested since I dont see him getting any minutes this weekend.

Came into the squad after 65 minutes. Played as an AM with lots of freedom, from the right wing but drifting to the center most of the time. Had a much better performance then his Colombia-game. Actually changed the game, before he came in Belgium were losing possession all the time, were lacking skill, passing and movement in central midfield. De Bruyne was asking for the ball all the time, kept possession and played the ball forward well. Had a nice, but difficult, chance in the last minutes, but his volley was too central in goal. He finally looked a bit like the De Bruyne we know, appeared to have much more confidence. Maybe Mourinho's attendance at the Colombia made him feel too much like he had to prove something, I don't know.

Yup, i had the same feeling. Maybe he is really easily starstruck ....

He played well though. Should have started as a 10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD