Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Kevin is showing desire and working very hard. I feel sorry for him that I haven't given him big opportunities up to now but he's working better than ever. Of course, he's sad when he's not selected or not playing, but he's working in a very professional way, which is a change from the beginning.

I think Mou wants to convert him into a more Lampardesque role, thats where I saw his qualities from the beginning, in a triangle him, Rambo and another Midfielder or Mikel would be the best solution. He also could play as one of the DM-Pairs. We're overloaded in that area but all are fresh young and unexpiriend players with worldclass potential. And Mou seems like he wants to change DeBryunes attitude and his position after this comments, and he stated from the beginning he really likes the kid and wants him in his team, so maybe he has a idea about Kevin, which he didn't like in the beginning, everybody wants to be a #10 when he is 16 - 22 in the Midfield. So sooner or later, everyone that doesn't change the way Mou wants will have to leave as a konsequence... there is no way around imo.

This. Exactly spot on.

Jose's words certainly sound promising, now it's up to him to offer De Bruyne a good run to give the kid a chance to show he's got what it takes. There certainly are good opportunities this month for KdB to play, for example both of the Sunderland matches, Steaua, Crystal Palace and if he impresses in those games he might convince Mourinho to give him the role he deserves.

He said similar things about Azpilicueta when he wasn't yet in his plans for the first team but look at him now, a definite starter for the last five or so games and hasn't put a foot wrong.

Jose's words certainly sound promising, now it's up to him to offer De Bruyne a good run to give the kid a chance to show he's got what it takes. There certainly are good opportunities this month for KdB to play, for example both of the Sunderland matches, Steaua, Crystal Palace and if he impresses in those games he might convince Mourinho to give him the role he deserves.

He said similar things about Azpilicueta when he wasn't yet in his plans for the first team but look at him now, a definite starter for the last five or so games and hasn't put a foot wrong.

Exactly. The exact same lines he used for azpi. Now he's a starter. But mou also said something that caught my eye

"Kevin is showing desire and working very hard. I feel sorry for him that I haven't given him big opportunities up to now but he's working better than ever. Of course, he's sad when he's not selected or not playing, but he's working in a very professional way, which is a change from the beginning.

When he works the way he's working he has to play sooner or later. For tonight he's selected so he has a chance to play and in this block of games, for sure, he has to start matches.

I like him as a player and I've learned now how to like him as a kid because he's a good kid and he's showing now he's a good professional, so hopefully I can give him enough time on the pitch so he can be happy.

I understand he needs to play a bit more but it's the area of the pitch where we have more options, but I am speaking with him and we are working on that. He can also play as a midfielder when we play with a triangle, he did that for Werder Bremen, so hopefully we can find more options for Kevin to play because I like him very much."

He said KDB has changed, and is now working in a professional way. :carlo:

He said he could play him in other positions since his position is overloaded so that he can play more. (Finally he sees this potential too.) :dude:

@Stingray, did Kevin de Bruyne have attitude issues when playing for Genk? I seem to recall reading several reports and articles concerning his poor humilty and respect towards team mates and staff. Perhaps he was just being himself and unfortunately clashed horns with Hosay Mooreenyo.

Not really.

In the youth teams De Bruyne wasn't the easiest kid to work with. He never was a bad kid, but he's someones that hates losing, even the smallest games in training. When things didn't go right, he became a bit grumpy.

As a professional player at Genk, I never really noticed anything of a bad attitude. All of his coaches confirm though that he's a very demanding person, of his teammates, but even more from himself. He's mad when the team's losing or when he's not playing at his normal level. The reports you are referring to, will probably be about a half-time interview in one of De Bruyne's games at Genk. The season Genk played Chelsea in the CL, Genk was going through a rough period with lots of bad games. Lots of players wanted to leave Genk because they saw a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity after playing CL and champions in Genk. When Genk were losing again and De Bruyne was interviewed at half-time, he said something like : "every Genk-player has to take a look at themself and ask themself if they still want to play for Genk. Maybe it's better to use only those players that are still motivated for this club". Besides that interview, there never were any problems regarding his attitude towards his teammates.

There was some criticism after that interview, partly because he said those things after agreeing his transfer to Chelsea himself, but I didn't agree. He was right to try to shake things up and as one of the youngest players of the team, he took the responsibility older players weren't taking.

So yes, I can imagine De Bruyne being a bit grumpy at the start of this season when things weren't going his way. I'm not sure if that's a real attitude-problem. It's also a sign of how demanding he is of himself and how motivated he is to play at his best level.

Time will tell i guess. But the timing of Mourinho's sudden change of heart leaves me feeling kinda iffy, because the january transfer period is coming up. The december period also allows José to rotate even more, and imo its a win win situation for José. KDB will be fired up no doubt, and he might even get regular playing time this month, wich i predict will result in him deciding to stay at Chelsea. But in the long run i doubt it that he'll become a key player. Unless ofcourse he knocks this december period out of the park.

I think Mourinho is just afraid he might leave. It's not like he's going to play regular full matches as of now...

Mourinho being afraid is a good thing as it means he actually realises his class. He wants him to stay. You can get nothing but positives out of those comments.

Mourinho being afraid is a good thing as it means he actually realises his class. He wants him to stay. You can get nothing but positives out of those comments.

It's all well and good he's praising him, I would like praise myself as well. But the timing is kind of well... suspicious, right?

He's not even on the bench in most matches, and suddenly this? If i was him, I'd try to get out of there as soon as possible, at least for the coming 6 months. He's gonna miss a starting spot in Brazil if he continues like this... He can always try again next year. It's not that they're missing him right now.

Spot on.

Newsarticle (opinion): De Bruyne must go (http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20131203_00870227)
When the fox preaches, farmer watch your chickens. What are we to make of the sudden declaration of love Jose Mourinho addressed to Kevin De Bruyne? Of course it would be if the Portuguese told us yesterday. Exactly That he has' itself misjudged the kid Kevin . De Bruyne is that the edges of training ended in September, but now as a duracell rabbit on the practice courts in Cobham rages. That De Bruyne While shuttling between stand and bench, but can start for Chelsea and scored a hat-trick at any time. That he initially saw a winger in him, but now as a playmaker or infiltrating midfielder can rediscover it.
It can be done, but we are mostly refrained those other things that Mourinho said yesterday. Chelsea may soon operates on four fronts, and he wants to keep. Nucleus are as wide as possible That no one is more important than the club. And that the player must accept the decision of the club. All in "great respect for the players' course.
Mourinho is professional enough to know what meat it in the tub with Kevin De Bruyne. He left the Belgian play the whole preparation and talked to him last summer turn a loan from the head. When the transfer deadline of 2 September had passed, he dropped him like a stone. What guarantees De Bruyne in January has not done the same thing?
De Bruyne wants to play and that is understood Mourinho. He will let him start, surely a few times maybe tonight al why Mourinho also said in so many words: "I hope I give enough time on the field to make him decide to keep him."
Not that De Bruyne has lots of choice, but he should definitely look to get away at Chelsea. The only reason that Mourinho now re-baked sweet rolls, because there is a new transfer window arrives and he really wants De Bruyne remains. Not to stand in the squad to have the backup of the backup to be. Mourinho is the kind of soldier that pulls into the trenches with five Swiss army knives pocket. It could well be that there are four stuck down and you need the fifth to have a tin of corned beef to zip open.
Sorry, Mourinho, but De Bruyne deserves better than a role as a reserve of the reserve. "KDB" is not a good substitute a valuable player base. You can find others better? That's your right, but Kevin gun or a transfer. Like Kevin really as good as you claimed yesterday against? Then just put him in the squad. You did finally at the beginning of the season and he was the best man on the field. We are not sure that he did again this month if you throw it after all these months again for the lions.

@Stingray, did Kevin de Bruyne have attitude issues when playing for Genk? I seem to recall reading several reports and articles concerning his poor humilty and respect towards team mates and staff. Perhaps he was just being himself and unfortunately clashed horns with Hosay Mooreenyo.

hey Spayk Speejel please dont call Hosay Mooreenyo like that it hurts my eyes .. :P

Spot on.

Newsarticle (opinion): De Bruyne must go (http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20131203_00870227)
When the fox preaches, farmer watch your chickens. What are we to make of the sudden declaration of love Jose Mourinho addressed to Kevin De Bruyne? Of course it would be if the Portuguese told us yesterday. Exactly That he has' itself misjudged the kid Kevin . De Bruyne is that the edges of training ended in September, but now as a duracell rabbit on the practice courts in Cobham rages. That De Bruyne While shuttling between stand and bench, but can start for Chelsea and scored a hat-trick at any time. That he initially saw a winger in him, but now as a playmaker or infiltrating midfielder can rediscover it.
It can be done, but we are mostly refrained those other things that Mourinho said yesterday. Chelsea may soon operates on four fronts, and he wants to keep. Nucleus are as wide as possible That no one is more important than the club. And that the player must accept the decision of the club. All in "great respect for the players' course.
Mourinho is professional enough to know what meat it in the tub with Kevin De Bruyne. He left the Belgian play the whole preparation and talked to him last summer turn a loan from the head. When the transfer deadline of 2 September had passed, he dropped him like a stone. What guarantees De Bruyne in January has not done the same thing?
De Bruyne wants to play and that is understood Mourinho. He will let him start, surely a few times maybe tonight al why Mourinho also said in so many words: "I hope I give enough time on the field to make him decide to keep him."
Not that De Bruyne has lots of choice, but he should definitely look to get away at Chelsea. The only reason that Mourinho now re-baked sweet rolls, because there is a new transfer window arrives and he really wants De Bruyne remains. Not to stand in the squad to have the backup of the backup to be. Mourinho is the kind of soldier that pulls into the trenches with five Swiss army knives pocket. It could well be that there are four stuck down and you need the fifth to have a tin of corned beef to zip open.
Sorry, Mourinho, but De Bruyne deserves better than a role as a reserve of the reserve. "KDB" is not a good substitute a valuable player base. You can find others better? That's your right, but Kevin gun or a transfer. Like Kevin really as good as you claimed yesterday against? Then just put him in the squad. You did finally at the beginning of the season and he was the best man on the field. We are not sure that he did again this month if you throw it after all these months again for the lions.

Did Bushman write this?

It's all well and good he's praising him, I would like praise myself as well. But the timing is kind of well... suspicious, right?

He's not even on the bench in most matches, and suddenly this? If i was him, I'd try to get out of there as soon as possible, at least for the coming 6 months. He's gonna miss a starting spot in Brazil if he continues like this... He can always try again next year. It's not that they're missing him right now.

Mourinho obviously wants to keep his team as strong as possible. Who wouldn't want KDB as an extra option in the stands, to use him when others are injured. So Mourinho wants KDB to stay at Chelsea and he's hoping that praising him and giving him some playing-time will change KDBs mind of leaving.

But, after January, nothing will have changed for KDB if Mata doesn't leave. Only if he performs out of this world, he'll get ahead of one of the AM's or Lampard after January. You can't expect those kind of performances after not playing for so long. KDB needs more then one game to get at his best level. Just playing decent or good won't be enough to really change his situation.

He has to leave, on loan or on transfer. He can't risk sitting in the stands for another 6 months.

I think KDB has gotta go. It's a WC year and we are overpiled with AM's. In his eyes he must be so upset. Dortmund wanting him but being told he had a place in Chelsea.

People might get upset but trying to be as objective as possible, I'd rather play for Dortmund than Chelsea. At least with the philosophy they have and their amazing stadium.

I think KDB has gotta go. It's a WC year and we are overpiled with AM's. In his eyes he must be so upset. Dortmund wanting him but being told he had a place in Chelsea.

People might get upset but trying to be as objective as possible, I'd rather play for Dortmund than Chelsea. At least with the philosophy they have and their amazing stadium.

I can't see him getting much more minutes for Dortmund than he does here. If he is leaving in January he is going to a team where he can play as much as possible to find form for the WC. I think a loan move to a decent PL side or maybe Leverkusen would be better.