Paul Pogba

Madmax

Really? Ask Choulo what he thinks of Pogba potentially playing as a sitting midfielder, or other Juventus fans who watch him regularly.

I don't have to, I watch plenty of Pogba I know what he is capable of. He is a footballer first but he can definitely defend when called upon. You put him in a midfield 3 with Cesc and Matic and that is EASILY the best midfield in the world.

Physically yes, but mentally he does not have the discipline to play the holding role for a whole match and I don't think he'd want to.

Absolutely no idea why we are discussing this. The chances of him coming here are practically zero.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can`t believe that some don't want him for 40£m in this crazy transfer market! he's probably one of the ten best midfielders and he's just 21. Who doesn't want two Matic in the team? :P And that he's HG is so important.

Juve owe us around 10£m(Mutu).

Two best friends in Pogba and Varane. Get them both for 60£m and we have two world class players for 10 years.

Can`t believe that some don't want him for 40£m in this crazy transfer market! he's probably one of the ten best midfielders and he's just 21. Who doesn't want two Matic in the team? :P And that he's HG is so important.

Juve owe us around 10£m(Mutu).

Two best friends in Pogba and Varane. Get them both for 60£m and we have two world class players for 10 years.

He isn't a Matic! lol. As said above, best at box to box, or given freedom to play his game.

Who would he replace? We have Loftus Cheek coming up too. Who would he replace? Plus, he'd cost a fortune. We could get Reus and a cb for what we'd pay for Pogba.

That would have been like not signing Hazard because we had Kakuta coming up. You never know with youth even when they look like world beaters

Pogba has shown what he can do at the highest level and would be homegrown. Definitely would have him in our side. Especially when Fabregas has shown he still has the ability to control the game in the same fashion pushed up the pitch.

That would have been like not signing Hazard because we had Kakuta coming up. You never know with youth even when they look like world beaters

Pogba has shown what he can do at the highest level and would be homegrown. Definitely would have him in our side. Especially when Fabregas has shown he still has the ability to control the game in the same fashion pushed up the pitch.

Yeah but Pogba was exactly in Loftus-Cheek's position at Manchester United. Anyone who watches youth football knew Pogba's quality when United played Chelsea in the FAYC and even before that. Juventus knew that and took him on when Pogba decided Ferguson didn't believe in his talent and that's how he became world class.. He was given the platform and consistency by Juve.

What's to say that the same can't be done for RLC if he's given more exposure?

No, it's not. We have players who can play what Pogba does. Would you take Oscar out? Cesc? Matic? Think Pogba would be happy not to start every game? He would cost so much, we could improve our squad in areas we really need (RW, CB) then stocking on an area we don't need.

He isn't a Matic! lol. As said above, best at box to box, or given freedom to play his game.

meant off course a defensive Matic and a offensive Matic ;) they are both best in the world to catch the ball with their long legs! Pogba and Matic together would dominate in midfield.

Yeah but Pogba was exactly in Loftus-Cheek's position at Manchester United. Anyone who watches youth football knew Pogba's quality when United played Chelsea in the FAYC and even before that. Juventus knew that and took him on when Pogba decided Ferguson didn't believe in his talent and that's how he became world class.. He was given the platform and consistency by Juve.

Pogba also felt he was above the position he was in at the time, which he has proven correct, but not something which was a given at the time.

These are big ifs we have both seen bigger prospects than RLC not pan out, and with kids who looked just as impressive at his level. Sure there should be an avenue for him to come up, but if you have a homegrown high calibre player available that automatically strengthens your squad you make a move for them.

No, it's not. We have players who can play what Pogba does. Would you take Oscar out? Cesc? Matic? Think Pogba would be happy not to start every game? He would cost so much, we could improve our squad in areas we really need (RW, CB) then stocking on an area we don't need.

In a second.

He would get more than enough game time to be happy here too with the amount of competitions we are in.

In a second.

He would get more than enough game time to be happy here too with the amount of competitions we are in.

Well, Jose wouldn't. He's as important to our future as Hazard and also signed a deal. Pogba would be a luxury buy.

Lets me real here for a second.

firstly I love Ruben, I think he has a bright future ahead of him. He looks like he has the tools to be a real pro for years to come. However, lets not get carried away with the comparisons, Ruben will have to take a meteoric rise to be considered the talent that Pogba is. Pogba hasn't just been good enough to play for Juventus, he's become one of their most influential players at the age of 21, not to mention the fact he is also one of the most influential players on the French national team.

Ruben will not be in a position to play meaningful games for Chelsea anytime soon, not because of Pogba but because we already have influential players way ahead of him in the pecking order(Matic, Fab, Ramires, Mikel and possibly Van Ginkel) if we were to buy Pogba the challenge for Loftus-Cheek is the same one Joe Cole faced when Jose came. He'd have to force his way into the team by proving he is at or near the standard of the players ahead of him. This is much harder now because the bar has been raised, we are talking about trying to crack a squad that is top 5 in the world and in it to win everything. Pogba at the age of 21 is proving he is of that quality.

Well, Jose wouldn't. He's as important to our future as Hazard and also signed a deal. Pogba would be a luxury buy.

Disagree. If Oscar is os important, Jose would find a way to play him even if it means playing him on the right flank.

I am quite sure that RLC will have a great career,but not as a Chelsea Player.Maybe United,Arsenal,Juventus,Everton or whatever other club.Chelsea will buy someone,maybe Pogba and than RLC career will be over as a Chelsea player.I think that RLC is not stupid.He will leave Chelsea after Pogba comes.

I don't believe he is as important as Hazard to our future to be honest. He got a new deal because that is the smart thing to do business-wise.

Disagree. If Oscar is os important, Jose would find a way to play him even if it means playing him on the right flank.

He isn't as effective there. Pogba isn't coming and Oscar ain't getting dropped. At least, I don't think so.

I don't believe he is as important as Hazard to our future to be honest. He got a new deal because that is the smart thing to do business-wise.

Disagree, but it's cool.

Pogba is world class, can play in the position 6, 8,,, with his quality he can play anywhere... he is like Toure.

THere is no doubt that if he arrives Oscar will be on the bench a lot more (thankfully), and Fabregas will play in the number 10 position. In other games Pogba can rotate with Matic and Fabregas will play in the pivot.

Pogba is the player to buy, maybe right now the only world class player at this age in the market.

Its not that he would sit on bench. We could rotate big time with current formation, but with him we could play Matic-Pogba and Cesc as #10, Oscar on RW etc...

Not required, but I think in some time, he would get ahead of Oscar and that midfield of Matic, Pogba and cesc would be probably best in world. Physical, technical, tactical, mobile.

First RW and CB, then maybe Pogba if we will have the money and need.

Only downside would be that Rlc and Baker will only get in team by some giant miracle then.

Its not that he would sit on bench. We could rotate big time with current formation, but with him we could play Matic-Pogba and Cesc as #10, Oscar on RW etc...

Not required, but I think in some time, he would get ahead of Oscar and that midfield of Matic, Pogba and cesc would be probably best in world. Physical, technical, tactical, mobile.

First RW and CB, then maybe Pogba if we will have the money and need.

Only downside would be that Rlc and Baker will only get in team by some giant miracle then.

MAIN reason we don't need him. RLC has potential to be like Pogba, at least give him a chance.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You