Paul Pogba

Madmax

Still don't see why we need to sign him. Where is he gonna play? Instead of Matic or Fabregas? No way in hell, they are both vital to this team. On the bench instead of Ramires? Can't see it happening, one Rami seems like the sort of guy who would be more content on the bench - although most players aren't keen on sitting on the bench but he doesn't strike me as someone who demands he must play every week or he will get upset about it and two why spend so much money on a bench warmer when Ramires is still one of the better box to box midfield players in the league? Pogba's not gonna get in our starting 11 if we continue with 4-2-3-1 and with Oscars performances the last few weeks if he can keep it up we won't divert away from 4-2-3-1 a lot.

Makes no sense signing him...

Yes. Pogba wouldn't be a starter for us... And Cristiano also wouldn't play for us with the way Schurrle is playing.

And Ake is the new Redondo.

By the way the midfield of Real Madrid:

Khedira
Toni Kroos
James ROdriguez
Luka Modric
Isco
Illarramendi
(only 3 of them play in the stating eleven every weekend)
There they play FIFA a lot. And win European cups also a lot.
THe options in the midfield of Barcelona some years ago when they won everything:
Xavi
Iniesta
Busquets
Cesc
Alcantara
EDIT: (They also had Mascherano and Song if they needed).
And people here want us to win every game with an increadible football having Oscar, Ramires, Fabregas and Matic.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am the only that have very much doubts with this guy? Not with his conditions, because has conditions of crack, if not with his head, his mentality. This guy want to be other thing of that he is. I see his matches in Juventus and every day I like less. He have conditions for be a predator of midfield, like Vieira or similar, but he want to be a star, the figure, the talented midfielder, and for this things, exist much better players. And the problem is that his coach, allow this. I recently saw one Juve match where he play almost like CAM.....

His last declarations was "I want to be Like Zidane". Wake up man, you are another type of player. While this guy thinks that, I will have many doubts about he.

Into his conditions, he can be the best, for very much. If he is determined to be a Zidane or Maradona, he would stay in a player with great conditions but mediocre.

Not to be a killjoy but where would he play? The midfield is already heavily congested as it is, and Cescy is certainly better at this point than Pogba, and he's never going to bench warm 5-10 games in a row with his fingers crossed one of our midfielders of either Cesc, Matic, or Oscar get injured or suspended, it aint gonna happen, unless I'm missing something here...

I just don't see it being worth £25m + Ramires... £10m + Mikel... That might be a little more favourable!

Or maybe Torres.... :Goober:

3 top bracket CM players when you play 4-2-3-1... pure disaster waiting to happen. I mean we couldn't keep Mata, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Oscar and Willian in the same squad because all 5 were more than good enough to be regulars but yeah lets not learn from our mistakes.

Although Ramires is still a classy player and one of the better MF players in the PL, lets sell him to Juve and sign an up and coming great player who is probably marginally better but not exactly an upgrade on one of Cesc or Matic... yeah man seems like a waste of money.

Teams need to have stars but not too many stars. Teams need solid players to suppliment the great. If there is one thing I've learned from watching the NHL in America is that teams need three or four great or 'franchise' players and a supporting cast. Or to phrase it another way: 'too many cooks ruin the soup' = 'too many stars ruin the team'. Mikel for instance is not flashy, he doesn't put up many in terms of goals and assists but when matches need to be shut down or the bus needs to be parked, players like Mikel are few and far between. Ramires, while not technical proficient is a pest, a grinder, always pressing, getting dirty and moving around the pitch. His energy is rare and offers something different again.

Naturally Nemaja and Cesc are the two we look to win matches and they should alwasy be the starting duo when available and needed. But having Pogba who also deserves to start only adds problems when Ramires and Mikel are perfect for a back-up role.

3 top bracket CM players when you play 4-2-3-1... pure disaster waiting to happen. I mean we couldn't keep Mata, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Oscar and Willian in the same squad because all 5 were more than good enough to be regulars but yeah lets not learn from our mistakes.

Although Ramires is still a classy player and one of the better MF players in the PL, lets sell him to Juve and sign an up and coming great player who is probably marginally better but not exactly an upgrade on one of Cesc or Matic... yeah man seems like a waste of money.

I am sure the club is looking at someone that can fill Matic's boots. A scenario where Matic is suspended and suddenly Newcastle beat us is just not good. We rely heavily on Matic. Mikel is ver bad despite his goal :yay::yay:

I am sure the club is looking at someone that can fill Matic's boots. A scenario where Matic is suspended and suddenly Newcastle beat us is just not good. We rely heavily on Matic. Mikel is ver bad despite his goal :yay::yay:

When people say they we someone who can fill Matic's boots when hes not in the team and then name Pogba I am bitterly disappointed to be honest.

When people say they we someone who can fill Matic's boots when hes not in the team and then name Pogba I am bitterly disappointed to be honest.

Dissapointment? I'd be fuckin living it , but I don't think he'll be replacing Matic. lol

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You