Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hypothetical question. If both players became available but you could only have one at their current valuation i,e Reus for 22m and Pogba for 55m plus. Who would you rather we sign.

Reus, only because I've seen him play a lot more than I have seen Pogba.

hypothetical question. If both players became available but you could only have one at their current valuation i,e Reus for 22m and Pogba for 55m plus. Who would you rather we sign.

I prefer Pogba, because he is still 21 and HG.

After that we could buy Reus, because we still have one non HG quota :Goober:

The tag price on Reus makes it too obvious. Quality players like him are worth at least double that amount in today's market. If your question was who would you rather sign regardless of the asking price, it would be much tougher.

Pogba admits he loves Manchester United

Speaking to FourFourTwo about his final months at Old Trafford, Pogba admitted: "I’m impatient. It was the feeling that I had.

"The coach had faith in me, but didn’t put me on.

"He said that I was too young. He said: ‘Your time will come'.

“It didn’t come. But it doesn’t mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club.”

fingers crossed man utd don't put a bid in for him

pogba.

costa

hazard-cesc-willian/oscar

matic-pogba

the mid of matic-cesc has come into question a couple of times this season already. also, we have some quality in depth in the AM position but absolutely no depth for DMs/CMs.

pogba.

costa

matic-pogba

the mid of matic-cesc has come into question a couple of times this season already. also, we have some quality in depth in the AM position but absolutely no depth for DMs/CMs.

Whole heartedly agree. Fabregas would be unreal in that central attacking midfield slot as well.

pogba.

costa

matic-pogba

This is what i had in mind as well. Simply put, Pogba fulfils a more crucial role.

pogba would cost probably like 60-80 m euros..think we would need to sell first before we can buy him and if we want to make further additions. brilliant talent though...

The tag price on Reus makes it too obvious. Quality players like him are worth at least double that amount in today's market. If your question was who would you rather sign regardless of the asking price, it would be much tougher.

It depends on how you look at it. When you consider the injury record of both players, age, homegrown quota and who will likely strenghten the team better (Fabregas is not suited to the CM role imo due to his lack of physical presence, pace and average tactical nous) Matic and Pogba in the middle would make us much more stronger than reus would. It doesn't sound like such an easy and straight forward choice from that perspective.

It depends on how you look at it. When you consider the injury record of both players, age, homegrown quota and who will likely strenghten the team better (Fabregas is not suited to the CM role imo due to his lack of physical presence, pace and average tactical nous) Matic and Pogba in the middle would make us much more stronger than reus would. It doesn't sound like such an easy and straight forward choice from that perspective.

That's exactly why I said that excluding the price tag makes it tougher.

I agree with you however, I think that the RW position is more of a priority at the moment. If needed, we can move Fabregas higher on the pitch and play Mikel to partner Matic. people on here probably won't agree but John obi can do a fine job protecting the back 4. Jose already did this, and probably will again in the champions league. This current set of AMs don't give us much options offensively. Schurrle is in a terrible form/illness, Ramires is basically Willian and Salah is well.. Salah. It's also worth asking if Cesc would be allowed more freedom than Oscar is, because I don't think he can handle doing the harassing work for too long.

pogba would cost probably like 60-80 m euros..think we would need to sell first before we can buy him and if we want to make further additions. brilliant talent though...

schurrle and salah - atleast 25mil pounds.

thorgan - 8mil pounds

cech - 10mil

bertrand - 8mil pounds (already a clause)

kakuta, marin, mikel and mvg + any academy products like josh,piazon who clearly dont have any future with us. - atleast 15mil pounds (very conservative)

all in all we can easily raise funds in the range of 65-70mil pounds and reinvest it in getting pogba (50mil pounds) and varane (20 mil pounds).

a squad of

GK - courtois. 2nd GK, blackman

Def - JT, varane/inigo martinez/otamendi, GC, iva, azpi, luis, ake, christensen

CM/DM - matic, pogba, rambo, romeu, RLC/baker

AM-cesc, hazard, oscar, willian, moses, boga/traore

strikers - costa, remy, bamford.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You