Paul Pogba

Madmax

I don't get why we would spend 60M in a player that we don't even need in the first place...

Did I miss the memo where it was said we have a midfield issue? You spend this exorbitant amount of money in a position you desperately need to strengthen.

Squawka just had an article asking if Matic + Cesc is the best midfield in England... They need to make adjustments because Cesc is new in the team and we've clearly changed our system. But I think it's bewildering to think Mourinho would break the bank for a player that could, possibly, maybe improve us some.

Cesc's best position is playing as a #8, to replace Oscar for Cesc and have Pogba as the #8, it makes no sense because we're moving one of our best players (Cesc) out of this best position to accommodate someone that won't offer what he does there. When Mourinho wants more physicality in the team as well as pace then Oscar offers, we switch to a 4-3-3 with Ramires... Pogba could play where Oscar plays, but he isn't as tactical, he can do some things better, but his tactical awareness and obedience isn't remotely close.

Actually except a CB for next season - as we don't know how Terry will end the season, I don't see us needing improvement in any of the starting eleven players. Even the AMs suggested all around won't improve us much, few of them are working hard players like Mourinho wants and needs in the system. We have balance. I said this in the English players thread and I'll repeat it here... the teams that last dominated for real European football were Bayern and before them Barcelona. They didn't have absolutely stars and beasts in all 11 starting eleven positions. With fair money we could improve our bench - like we did with Remy. Our starting eleven is settled unless a serious injury comes our way - knocks the wood.

I'm not saying Pogba isn't good, I'm saying that it makes no sense spend 60M on him. A new three-year period starts for FPP next season. Why break the bank so early? We don't have much of deadwood anymore to get rid of... So I don't see us doing this kind of business.

I still think Mikel will move on, but we'll see. Maybe he will be re-born this season. :D The most interesting midfielder for me at this moment is Dusan Tadic, not Pogba. When you see a midfielder who can make any type of pass, from any angle or tight space--plus exhibit timing, threat without great pace, some deception, and superb free kicks, I would say you've found a guy who is a true number 10. I am literally waiting every week to A) see Chelsea play and B) watch Tadic again for Soton.

http://www.squawka.com/news/how-did-dusan-tadic-do-on-his-southampton-debut-against-liverpool/161213

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he expensive Yes we don't desperately need him right now and Yes He is little hyped up But since when has it become a thing to wait until you desperately need to fill a position, why not drastically improve your team if you can and if it means letting go of a player or two so be it. Tbh i don't think we will get him unless the money is right but you can guarantee PSG, Madrid maybe even Utd will be interested which will sky rocket the price and essentially leave us looking elsewhere

Matic & Fabregas will clearly be the stalwarts of the side for a number of years, anyone we sign for that position will arrive knowing they are 3rd choice. This signing wouldn't make any sense, the next 'high profile' move will be for a centre back.

I would be astounded if Pogba signs an extension for Juve, can they really afford to pay him what he's actually worth? He's gonna get big money on his next deal and it will be for a big club. I hate to admit it but he makes perfect sense for Barca.

I would be astounded if Pogba signs an extension for Juve, can they really afford to pay him what he's actually worth? He's gonna get big money on his next deal and it will be for a big club. I hate to admit it but he makes perfect sense for Barca.

Barca is banned next year. So no chance.

Juventus' biggest moves this summer were the ones they didn't make. Artudo Vidal and Paul Pogba still wearing Bianconero is a big fuck you to the British transfer media after all the rumors and fake medicals and shit. Either of them would've made us the most balanced sides in Europe right now, even better than the fantasy teams of Barca or Madrid.

Either of the two should be the prime targets for next season just like the way we went for Costa this season.

Matic & Fabregas will clearly be the stalwarts of the side for a number of years, anyone we sign for that position will arrive knowing they are 3rd choice. This signing wouldn't make any sense, the next 'high profile' move will be for a centre back.

Unless Oscar gets sold/benched and we go for 4:3:3, I dont see him coming here either...

From what we've seen thus far, 4-3-3 is clearly what Jose is going to work with. Either Pogba or Vidal will be first choice alongside Cesc and Matic in that system. That'll put Ramires to third choice and Oscar to second unless both had a really terrific season. In that case, we won't be needing Pogba or Vidal.

With the trio of

...............Matic..............

......Fabregas..........Pogba/Vidal,

we have a extremely stable midfield ( perfect, in fact) and another marquee CB will be quite excessive.

From what we've seen thus far, 4-3-3 is clearly what Jose is going to work with. Either Pogba or Vidal will be first choice alongside Cesc and Matic in that system. That'll put Ramires to third choice and Oscar to second unless both had a really terrific season. In that case, we won't be needing Pogba or Vidal.

With the trio of

...............Matic..............

......Fabregas..........Pogba/Vidal,

we have a extremely stable midfield ( perfect, in fact) and another marquee CB will be quite excessive.

What do you think of Khedira for free next season?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You