Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not the next Yaya and I doubt he will ever be as good as him either. yaya is one of a kind and a generational talent/player but I do get the comparison as they have similar built and technique.

Toure is a great player but he's not that good. His performances in Europe have been very disappointing.

Pogba can definitely surpass him. He's already at an incredible level for a player his age. This is the third season he's producing the goods, this is no fluke. Some exaggerate his ability but he is capable of producing some top-notch performances from time to time. That's the sign of a player with outstanding potential. Also very important, he seems to be very level-headed and focused. It doesn't look like the fame and the hype have taken over his life, neither does he seem to be dragged down by the pressure surrounding him. No fitness problems either.

Varane and Pogba are the young players I find the most impressing. It's weird how they're both French.

Isn't Pogba more of a 10? What is hos true position?

Midfielder, but really you can't say more specifically than that.He likes to play with total freedom and he is granted that at Juve. He's played deep in central midfield, box-to-box and as an attacking midfield. Under Allegri he's mostly played at left midfield.

But to go back to your question, no, he's not by any means a typical creative number 10. When he has played in that area, he does a role similar to what Yaya used to for City when played in an advanced role under Mancini.

Toure is a great player but he's not that good. His performances in Europe have been very disappointing.

Pogba can definitely surpass him. He's already at an incredible level for a player his age. This is the third season he's producing the goods, this is no fluke. Some exaggerate his ability but he is capable of producing some top-notch performances from time to time. That's the sign of a player with outstanding potential. Also very important, he seems to be very level-headed and focused. It doesn't look like the fame and the hype have taken over his life, neither does he seem to be dragged down by the pressure surrounding him. No fitness problems either.

Varane and Pogba are the young players I find the most impressing. It's weird how they're both French.

Look I'm not saying I oppose the signing of Pogba (as if it's ever going to happen) or that he isn't one of the best midfielders in europe already, so there's really no need to discredit toure and make strong cases for Pogba. Everyone in their tight mind will want Pogba here. I was merely addressing the "Pogba is the next yaya" "He's one the same level as yaya" narrative.

And regarding Yaya tactical weakness, it certainly wasn't apparent when he was at Barca and regarded as the best defensive midfeilder in Europe alongside Mascherano at the time.

Look I'm not saying I oppose the signing of Pogba (as if it's ever going to happen) or that he isn't one of the best player midfielders in europe already, so there's really no need to discredit toure and make strong cases for Pogba. Everyone in their tight mind will want Pogba here. I was merely addressing the "Pogba is the next yaya" "He's one the same level as yaya" narrative.

I'm not discrediting Toure. You referred to Toure as a generational talent, I don't agree. Playing in the CL, facing other top midfielders, he's been poor for me over the years. Performing on the international stage is very important when judging a player's class imo.

It's not even about wanting Pogba. Would I like Pogba? Of course. I don't think it's going to happen though.

Look I'm not saying I oppose the signing of Pogba (as if it's ever going to happen) or that he isn't one of the best midfielders in europe already, so there's really no need to discredit toure and make strong cases for Pogba. Everyone in their tight mind will want Pogba here. I was merely addressing the "Pogba is the next yaya" "He's one the same level as yaya" narrative.

And regarding Yaya tactical weakness, it certainly wasn't apparent when he was at Barca and regarded as the best defensive midfeilder in Europe alongside Mascherano at the time.

Its rare to have thar sort of technique and power/size in a player. I think he is similar to Yaya in that way for sure, the thing Yaya has ADDED to his game is goalscoring prowess. Yaya wasn't ever considered a goalscorer when younger but developed that later on.

Pogba can definitely develop into a Yaya presence in the midfield if you ask me.

I think Pogba is one of the great appearances of European football in recent years. He is powerful, he comes much over the opponent area and he has a good shot.

I think Pogba is not a good playmaker (he suffers when he has to organize his own team) and heI suffer more when he plays in the double pivot. The ideal approach is the line with three midfielders and he playing with freedom.

For example, at Juve, Pogba playing on a line with three midfielders with Pirlo and Vidal, placed in this way: Pogba - Pirlo - Vidal. Pirlo who organizes the collective game (the compass), Vidal is who specifically makes specific defensive work and foul play. And Pogba without Vidal and Pirlo, he would suffer much because he still is not a mature player in the tactical game, he needs the help of two midfielders with very specific functions which they allow he being able to play his football freely and not suffer on the pitch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I intend to specify with the expression “positions with very specific tactics functions” is the following:

Pirlo. He is a complete player, he orders the team play of his team, he plays with plays in long and short plays, he recovered balls on the pitch and he has an excellent shot. If Juventus seeks to dominate the matches and they can discuss the possession of any rival, they need to Pirlo.

His figure at Juventus is essential. Pirlo is the leader for Juventus from the central area of the field, he played with two players (which play as LMF and RMF) near him who help him in distributing and retrieving the ball.

Pirlo is the cornerstone in the Juventus game. Passing through it every ball and it is he who starts the game even embedding it in the center of their centers-backs.

Pirlo is indisputable for Juventus.

Vidal. He has it all, tactical sense, good distribution of the ball, and he is able to reach the opponent's area. He increasingly better defined in the area with his shots. He plays with great intensity and he pressed very high.

Vidal has much physical travel and high mobility in the field. He is a beast recovering balls and is a player like virtually perfect medium defensive center. Vidal is like a wall. Its main feature is the intensity (physical strength). He makes his rivals can not breathe easy.

For any team having Vidal on your team is to have them a plus energy. He not only works as anyone, Vidal also has quality in the last pass arrival to arear rival. A luxury player.

Pogba - Pirlo - Vidal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The distribution of Juventus finally would be: an organizer midfielder collective game (Pirlo), and two players with two different tactics functions, first, Vidal, a pure defensive midfielder, and on the other hand Pogba, playing in position RMF (Right Mielfielder) or LMF (Left Mielfielder), but he always has mentality of midfield.

Pogba is destined to dominate the midfield, but he has to learn a lot, and also mature a lot.

He is a creative midfielder who by his physical strength he has more tactical conditions to be a player with ability to reach over the opponent area, and not to be he a player with ability to be a builder of collective game.

I think he could become a box to box player, but now Pogba is far from being a great player box to box. Pogba still has to learn a lot to be a great player box to box, especially in tactical aspects. But in terms of their physical ability, Pogba has the perfect body (besides their mentality) to be a great player box to box. He would suffer much in that role on the pitch without the help of two players with very specific tactics functions, as they do at Juventus when they place Pirlo and Vidal doing those very specific tactics functions and leaving releasing Pogba. Without that help, Pogba suffers a lot.

Also, I think Pogba can suffer greatly if he makes his plays way up the middle, so Pogba tends to play down the sides, like a LMF (Left Mielfielder) or RMF (Right Mielfielder), not being specifically a player for those positions, but Pogba feel more comfortable coming to rival area making their moves on the sides.

I also want to make a mention of his strong character. He has certain aspects of their behavior / personality (I repeat, certain aspects of their behavior / personality) very disturbingly similar to the behavior / personality of Mario Balotelli. I think he has a dangerous behavior, sometimes he is more worried about the next picture and sometimes he forgets just thinking about football and to do their best game.

Your representative is the flamboyant Italian Mino Raiola. This representative is accustomed to be a very controversial type, always asking for more pay for their players which he represents and clubs threatening to leave by force, leaving its players with bad manners their teams. Mino Raiola is also the agent of Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimović and the Italian striker Mario Balotelli.

Paul Pogba also have certain aspects of their behavior / personality much like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli. But their behavior / personality also resembles the behavior / personality of Cristiano Ronaldo. Pogba feels like a movie star, he needs to be the protagonist, but also has a behavior / mentality of a winning player really spectacular. Cristiano Ronaldo has those movie star behavior, but his winning mentality is so great that make it an insatiable and spectacular player.

I would make a distinction between Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli.

1. Cristiano Ronaldo. A player with a movie star behavior only concerned about the next picture, but with an insatiable winning mentality and personality of a great player. he also has taken advantage of its quality to become a TOP player. An incredible player.

2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic. A player with a movie star behavior only concerned about the next picture, but with a long way from being an insatiable player mentality because he only thinks that others told him all day is better and a personality of a child player, more concerned about the compliments, that their great quality. He was not half as great player that he could have been. A disappointing player.

3. Mario Balotelli. A clown. He is silly. When Balotelli is having in the future many more years maybe, if he has matured just a little, he will understand he has thrown in the trash his professional career. Balotelli a player with a movie star behavior only concern concerned about the next picture, and a winning personality and nothing too lazy behavior Because I only think about becoming a dedicated player of football comedy. He is only concerned in launching compliments to himself and surround themselves with people that just throw him compliments Eltodo day. He is a clown and great example of a player failed. A clown player.

Pogba is very young and he still can modify in the right way their behavior / mindset to look like Cristiano Ronaldo, and he did not look anything like Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Mario Balotelli.

I think Jose Mourinho is the perfect coach for Paul Pogba follow the right path and he did not throw his career in the trash. Jose is able to understand these types of players and Jose would make him understand that a player with his abilities / skills / mentality he can become one of the best players in the world.

I think Pogba would have a very similar position at Chelsea which has Pogba in Juventus. They play Pogba - Pirlo - Vidal. I think we could play us (if we signed Pogba) with a midfield consisting Pogba - Fabregas - Matic. I think he could adapt perfectly to our style of play. But we have to think before making his signing in behavior / personality that has Pogba.

Pogba - Fabregas - Matic

I hope I explained well as I understand the game that makes Pogba.

I hope your comments.

Regards.

Hazarad, Pogba, Neymar, Alaba and Varane; maybe Isco and Gotze are IMO atm the most talented young players. The more we can get, the better. Those guys will rule the football in few years time if everything goes fine.

Midfielder, but really you can't say more specifically than that.He likes to play with total freedom and he is granted that at Juve. He's played deep in central midfield, box-to-box and as an attacking midfield. Under Allegri he's mostly played at left midfield.

But to go back to your question, no, he's not by any means a typical creative number 10. When he has played in that area, he does a role similar to what Yaya used to for City when played in an advanced role under Mancini.

Gotcha, thanks.

If we get Pogba, Varane would do everything possible for a move to us :D Gonna have so many french speaking with Varane, Pogba, Hazard, Courtois, Zouma, Boga, Thorgan, Traore, Remy and Drogba as coach/player.

Varane, Pogba and Reus in :D

Juventus are reportedly making a move for Paulinho.

Are they equipping themselves for when the inevitable materializes? Merely speculation, but something to take note of.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/01/juventus-lead-ac-milan-in-chase-for-tottenham-hotspur-midfielder/

We should go for Paulinho. He is more talented than Oscar :ph34r:

hypothetical question. If both players became available but you could only have one at their current valuation i,e Reus for 22m and Pogba for 55m plus. Who would you rather we sign.

Reus for me. He can more consistently influence games and is a match winner.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You