Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still holding out hope that it's possible. And if not Pogba then some other midfielder.

Just look at the powerful midfield we used in the biggest games last season in Matic/Luiz. We no longer have the combinations to field a partnership like that. I think José will want a player like Pogba. Has all the traits that Mourinho loves.

I'm still holding out hope that it's possible. And if not Pogba then some other midfielder.

Just look at the powerful midfield we used in the biggest games last season in Matic/Luiz. We no longer have the combinations to field a partnership like that. I think José will want a player like Pogba. Has all the traits that Mourinho loves.

You dont have to have two super tall CMs, Ramires-Matic-Cesc could and should be a lot better than the Luiz-Matic partnership in the big games. With Luiz-Matic we didnt had any constant creativity, any great ball movement, any possession, we couldnt be the active side, we had power and work rate and its not what we should count on in the future.

I personally want to see Cesc running the game from deep, in the big games and the 'normal' ones. 4-2-3-1 with Cesc and Matic in the midfield or 4-3-3 with Cesc, Ramires and Matic should be good enough and better than what we had since at least 09/10. In most games i would start Matic-Cesc, and getting Pogba wouldnt allow that regulary, when imo we shouldnt play 4-3-3 against the smaller teams. In those games i preffer Cesc-Matic-Hazard-Willian-Oscar/Schurrle, than Pogba-Matic-Cesc-Hazard-Willian. I want us to have one more AM more than a Pogba.

What i mean is that getting Pogba would imo benefit us only in the big games, and i think we shouldnt spend 70m euros on him when we already have a great central midfield that fits Jose's game and probably the best in the league along with City.

£32m on Diego Costa, £27m on Fabregas. Pretty much £60m.

Who cares really it's not a problem about money but what Mourinho wants.

We already sold Luiz + 10 just to get those two. Im pretty sure we can afford to splash another 70-80 especially with all our deadwood going out.

We already sold Luiz + 10 just to get those two. Im pretty sure we can afford to splash another 70-80 especially with all our deadwood going out.

I reckon we could probably do that without shifting anyone

"Who cares really it's not a problem about money but what Mourinho wants. "

Thats why we ended up signing Wayne Rooney even though Mourinho wanted him and we went public with it. Thats why we signed Cavani who was available for a lower fee tha Pogba at 60m Euro release clause. Not saying we cant sign but unless we sell to fund the move, doubt those will happen unless we offload Mikel/Ramires.

"Who cares really it's not a problem about money but what Mourinho wants. "

Thats why we ended up signing Wayne Rooney even though Mourinho wanted him and we went public with it. Thats why we signed Cavani who was available for a lower fee tha Pogba at 60m Euro release clause. Not saying we cant sign but unless we sell to fund the move, doubt those will happen unless we offload Mikel/Ramires.

That is not true Mourinho wanted Rooney and only Rooney when he finally showed the middle finger to us we already lost Cavani...

That is not true Mourinho wanted Rooney and only Rooney when he finally showed the middle finger to us we already lost Cavani...

Jose Mourinho has said financial fair play prevented Chelsea making moves for the likes of Radamel Falcao and Edinson Cavani in the summer

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1711663/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-ffp-prevented-edinson-cavani-and-radamel-falcao-moves

Asked if financial fair play was to blame, he said: “Correct -- because of transfer fees and salaries. Players are not just about transfer fees, but big wages. Of course there's a certain profile of player we don't go near.”

Jose Mourinho has said financial fair play prevented Chelsea making moves for the likes of Radamel Falcao and Edinson Cavani in the summer

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1711663/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-ffp-prevented-edinson-cavani-and-radamel-falcao-moves

Asked if financial fair play was to blame, he said: “Correct -- because of transfer fees and salaries. Players are not just about transfer fees, but big wages. Of course there's a certain profile of player we don't go near.”

He is trying to bail himself out because we missed out on Rooney in my oppinion.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-60m-pogba-deal-back-on-as-juventus-rival-arsenal-and-liverpool-for-alexis-sanchez-9588955.html

According to that they're going to accept a £60m bid for Pogba so they can fund the Sanchez move.

Personally taking it with a pinch of salt though.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-60m-pogba-deal-back-on-as-juventus-rival-arsenal-and-liverpool-for-alexis-sanchez-9588955.html

According to that they're going to accept a £60m bid for Pogba so they can fund the Sanchez move.

Personally taking it with a pinch of salt though.

I would welcome the move but as you said, pinch of salt. Don't they still owe us money from Mutu, won't that somewhat lessen the fee?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You