Paul Pogba

Madmax

I find it so ridiculous how people fight so hard to be the 'right one' in an internet debate. Although it is still better then the nasty bickering and name calling that usually happens here, it is still quite impressive how people can go back and forth trying to be right.

I do think Juventus is a big club but I do think clubs like Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Bayern can easily lure their players away (in terms of convincing them to play for their club, whether through money or prestige) And although I can't see Pogba leaving this summer, I can see him leaving sooner rather than later. He is pretty raw as seen in today's game, young players will play less consistently than experienced players and it comes with the package. Any team willing to splash the cash for young players should keep this in mind.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like we get linked with him once per week. Everything dies down and then a few days later we get linked with him again.

Nobody has any clue.

It seems like we get linked with him once per week. Everything dies down and then a few days later we get linked with him again.

Nobody has any clue.

It's called selling papers, or rather getting clicks, nowadays.

It's called selling papers, or rather getting clicks, nowadays.

Yep.

Hope we genuinely are linked with him, though. Now that France are out it would be wise to get any potential deal done quickly before clubs start courting Vidal. Was just reading on twitter about that Mutu issue we still have with Juve and how it may be able to help in negotiations with them. Plus they want Alexis Sanchez so us dealing with them can be mutually beneficial. They can use the cash raised from Pogba's sale to buy Sanchez which would make Vidal want to stay and play alongside his compatriot.

How awesome would it be to acquire Pogba, stop Arsenal getting Sanchez, and stop United from getting Vidal all in one fell swoop?

Personally, I would take anything Gazzetta writes with a big grain of salt. Their credibility has gotten worse with every year. They rarely get anything right, even when it concerns Italian clubs.

A step too far in price for me, just far, far too much adding to what looks like Costa and Luis and what we paid for Cesc. I know we got 50M or nigh on that for Luiz but I really cannot see us stumping up this sort of money for this lad.

But in no way, shape, or form am I saying he isn't good, he is. But this transfer I very much doubt will happen.

Is L'Equipe reporting it or are they citing another website? because that makes a big difference.

L'Equipe's saying it's City, United, Real and PSG.

Gazzetta's saying it's those + Barcelona and Chelsea with Chelsea readying a 70M bid

I watched a lot of Juventus in the CL/EL and he was honestly nothing special. Good player with great potential but massively overrated (not least by United fans and WAGNH).

Did you watch much Serie A last season?

Did you watch much Serie A last season?

No, who does? If you listen to the hype around Pogba you'd think he's the best midfielder in the world. From his performances in the EL/CL/WC it's clear to see he's very raw and not worth the rumoured prices.

No, who does? If you listen to the hype around Pogba you'd think he's the best midfielder in the world. From his performances in the EL/CL/WC it's clear to see he's very raw and not worth the rumoured prices.

I do, and probably many more. He is overrated, but who isn't nowadays. I personally don't think he is worth the rumoured price for what he is now, but we are buying him for the future aswell.

I do, and probably many more. He is overrated, but who isn't nowadays. I personally don't think he is worth the rumoured price for what he is now, but we are buying him for the future aswell.

In an era of FFP, I don't think we'd be willing to pay £55m+ for a potentially great midfielder when we weren't willing to pay that much for the best strikers in the world (Falcao, Cavani, etc.).

In an era of FFP, I don't think we'd be willing to pay £55m+ for a potentially great midfielder when we weren't willing to pay that much for the best strikers in the world (Falcao, Cavani etc.).

There is more to the CF saga than meets the eye. Also, we are technically only playing £5m for him if you take away the Luiz money.

There is more to the CF saga than meets the eye. Also, we are technically only playing £5m for him if you take away the Luiz money.

lol it doesn't work like that. We have already spent the 'Luiz money' (and more) on Fabregas and Costa. What do you mean about the CF thing? I think it's quite clear we would have bought Falcao/Cavani if we didn't think £50/55m was excessive. If there's anyone we'd spend that much money on then it's a world class striker in their prime, not a young midfielder.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You