Paul Pogba

Madmax

lol it doesn't work like that. We have already spent the 'Luiz money' (and more) on Fabregas and Costa. What do you mean about the CF thing? I think it's quite clear we would have bought one of Falcao/Cavani if we thought £50/55m wasn't excessive. If there's anyone we'd spend that much money on it's a world class striker in their prime, not a young midfielder.

I know, but just making a point. When AVB came to Chelsea, we had supposedly signed Falcao. Money isn't the issue, but something else IMO.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fees are amortised. Pogba at £55m will show as about £11.4m ish a yr on a 5yr deal for example. That's fine with FFP

You're forgetting/ignoring wages. He'd probably be on something like 6-7m a year. 17m is a HUGE financial commitment.

We've been really smart in this transfer window- 50m for Luiz, half of Markovic's fee( anytime, now), Costa on a fairly cheaper deal. Time to lose it and splash the cash for Pogba. Worth it, IMO. I reckon 55m is the number.

what'll be our line up with him?

--------------------Costa-------------------

Hazard-----------------------Willian/Oscar

-----------------Fabregas------------------

--------Matic---------------Pogba----------

Luis-------Terry--------Cahill--------Azpi

-----------------Courtois---------------------

-----------------Fabregas------------------

--------Matic---------------Pogba----------

I thought Cesc didn't want to play that high up the pitch?

-------Fabregas-----Pogba----------

-------------------Matic

This seems possible but leaves us with only Costa as our only goal scorer.

I thought Cesc didn't want to play that high up the pitch?

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. Cesc likes playing the #10--that's what he was in his last year at Arsenal. They didn't let him play there at Barcelona because Messi plays in the centre and they don't use a traditional CAM.

We've been really smart in this transfer window- 50m for Luiz, half of Markovic's fee( anytime, now),

We have the option to buy Benfica's 50% share; Markovic's agent owns the other 50% I believe. So we don't actually own him at all and I assume this means we get nothing out of his transfer to Liverpool.

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. Cesc likes playing the #10--that's what he was in his last year at Arsenal. They didn't let him play there at Barcelona because Messi plays in the centre and they don't use a traditional CAM.

He played as an attacking midfielder for Barca, not Arsenal... he was ruined used there as he was one of the best deep lying midfield players in Europe at the time.

If I remember correctly, he was the "CAM". Wheelchair and Song were the "CDM". 2010-11 Arsenal team, I say.

In Barcelona and Spain played as "ST".

Yes, Wenger and Pep fucked his career at the end. Well, in the process, he learned a lot of things and gained new skills.

If I remember correctly, he was the "CAM". Wheelchair and Song were the "CDM". 2010-11 Arsenal team, I say.

In Barcelona and Spain played as "ST".

Yes, Wenger and Pep fucked his career at the end. Well, in the process, he learned a lot of things and gained new skills.

OT mate but Fav. player : 'Cesc Fabregas' without playing a single game in a Chelsea shirt. :confused:

top player though.

has all the makings of a BS rumor. those who're reporting it (goal, gazzetta etc) are carefully wording their articles on Pogba. No talk of Chelsea bid or chelsea in talks to sign him

He played as an attacking midfielder for Barca, not Arsenal... he was ruined used there as he was one of the best deep lying midfield players in Europe at the time.

Offtopic, so I replied in Fabregas's thread.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-60m-pogba-deal-back-on-as-juventus-rival-arsenal-and-liverpool-for-alexis-sanchez-9588955.html

Chelsea have been given hope over their ambitious quest to sign Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba with the Italian club now ready to rival Arsenal for the signature of Alexis Sanchez.

Manager Jose Mourinho has already spent £60million this summer on Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa but he wants more strength in Chelsea’s midfield.

Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, has consistently stated the France international is staying with Juventus but the Italian champions may be tempted to sell in order to fund summer bids for their top targets.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You