Paul Pogba

Madmax

They really need a good winger thought and Sanchez coult fill the bill and still remain money for other transfers..

That makes sense, but with Pirlo on his twilight years surely Pogba's importance would rise in that team? Plus, Sanchez is apparently in London to finalize his Arsenal deal :lol:

Not really complaining if it's true, but I find it odd.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it from a Juve point of view though, getting rid of probably the best young player in the world at the moment to get Sanchez? Unless he wants to leave, which his agent has denied (somewhat) I don't get it. They're not in financial trouble, Conte has agreed to stay on another year too.

Zero chance that Pogba stays in juve for more years. He WILL get sold this or next season imo. Pogba is going to be too big for juve to keep. And his price probably wont get more than 60m. So if they can sell now for that money, why not. And they are seriously interested in Sanchez, who will move this summer and juve wont have a chance to get him next year.

Besides, juve has Vidal, Marcisio and Pirlo; they need Sanchez in attack more than Pogba in midfield next season.

Zero chance that Pogba stays in juve for more years. He WILL get sold this or next season imo. Pogba is going to be too big for juve to keep. And his price probably wont get more than 60m. So if they can sell now for that money, why not. And they are seriously interested in Sanchez, who will move this summer and juve wont have a chance to get him next year.

Besides, juve has Vidal, Marcisio and Pirlo; they need Sanchez in attack more than Pogba in midfield next season.

I agree. I also think they would prefer to have the aire to Pirlo (Verratti) instead.

I honestly don't see this happening at all, no credible sources are reporting it.

I'm with you on that one, but the only thing I would say is, we as a club are very good most of the time keeping our cards close to our chests RE transfer targets. Yes the press speculate and print rumors but that's just what they do. 90 Percent of the time I honestly believe they have no idea what goes on at Chelsea.

Yeah I mean I don't mean to say he'll be a Juve boy all his career but certainly he's showed no signs of wanting a move yet. He's starting to establish himself as world class but he's not there yet, I'd imagine he'd stay another season with Conte.

I wonder how many here have actually seen Pogba play in Serie A on a regular basis. I try watching Serie A when I can and from what I have seen of him, I'm not sure I would pay 60 million for him. Yes, he's a very promising and talented young midfielder, but he isn't something spectacular(at least not yet). Like every young talent, he has a share of bad games and great games. I would be more than happy to have him compliment Matic and Fabregas in midfield, but I think Oscar is no worse when it comes to workrate and defending; and Oscar knows the club and knows the EPL well. If we do get Pogba for such a high price, I think many are going to be disappointed. With a high price tag come high expectations.
The grass is always greener on the other side. Fans of other clubs are envious of our midfielders(Matic, Fabregas) and AMs(Hazard, Oscar). Personally, I'm pretty happy with Matic-Fabregas-Oscar.

That makes sense, but with Pirlo on his twilight years surely Pogba's importance would rise in that team? Plus, Sanchez is apparently in London to finalize his Arsenal deal :lol:

Not really complaining if it's true, but I find it odd.

Sanchez want Seria A move more than anything in the world, and if Juve bid for him, he will go there without a doubt

I wonder how many here have actually seen Pogba play in Serie A on a regular basis. I try watching Serie A when I can and from what I have seen of him, I'm not sure I would pay 60 million for him. Yes, he's a very promising and talented young midfielder, but he isn't something spectacular(at least not yet). Like every young talent, he has a share of bad games and great games. I would be more than happy to have him compliment Matic and Fabregas in midfield, but I think Oscar is no worse when it comes to workrate and defending; and Oscar knows the club and knows the EPL well. If we do get Pogba for such a high price, I think many are going to be disappointed. With a high price tag come high expectations.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Fans of other clubs are envious of our midfielders(Matic, Fabregas) and AMs(Hazard, Oscar). Personally, I'm pretty happy with Matic-Fabregas-Oscar.

No, if anyone expects that the purchase of Pogba, regardless the fee, has anything to do with the here and now they need to get their heads examined. Paul is likened to Viera and Yaya at the age of 21!!! That is extremely high praise for a player still learning his craft! Under the tutelage of Jose Mourinho, Paul can develop into the best at his position in a few years. £60m is a lot of cash but Paul is already performing at a high level(champions league, Serie A standout, World Cup) The opportunity to acquire such a talent only happens ONCE and if we lose out on him to the likes of Real, PSG or City for example we will rue the day.

If you look around the world today their aren't that many players around that possess TRUE box to box skill anymore. Many are either attackers forced to sit or defenders with poor offensive ability. In Paul we will get a 21yr old box to box mid with his best years not even yet approaching, yet still playing at an extremely level. Sky is the limit, its as plain as day that Pogba is destined to be a world beater.

We should just get Moussa Sissoko cheaper instead he was better then bogba at the wc and get rid of Mikel and Torres of course.

Haha :D. Good joke mate

No, if anyone expects that the purchase of Pogba, regardless the fee, has anything to do with the here and now they need to get their heads examined. Paul is likened to Viera and Yaya at the age of 21!!! That is extremely high praise for a player still learning his craft! Under the tutelage of Jose Mourinho, Paul can develop into the best at his position in a few years. £60m is a lot of cash but Paul is already performing at a high level(champions league, Serie A standout, World Cup) The opportunity to acquire such a talent only happens ONCE and if we lose out on him to the likes of Real, PSG or City for example we will rue the day.

If you look around the world today their aren't that many players around that possess TRUE box to box skill anymore. Many are either attackers forced to sit or defenders with poor offensive ability. In Paul we will get a 21yr old box to box mid with his best years not even yet approaching, yet still playing at an extremely level. Sky is the limit, its as plain as day that Pogba is destined to be a world beater.

Personally, I'm wary of such comparisons. And you have to be careful with Serie A stars. They don't necessarily shine elsewhere. A very recent example is Javier Pastore who was named Serie A's Young Footballer of the Year, likened to Kaka, and predicted an amazing career. In last season, he scored only 1 goal and a few assists for PSG. You can never know these things. It's always a gamble.

Not saying Pogba won't live up to the expectations; he might.

Personally, I'm wary of such comparisons. And you have to be careful with Serie A stars. They don't necessarily shine elsewhere. A very recent example is Javier Pastore who was named Serie A's Young Footballer of the Year, likened to Kaka, and predicted an amazing career. In last season, he scored only 1 goal and a few assists for PSG. You can never know these things. It's always a gamble.

Not saying Pogba won't live up to the expectations; he might.

You have to be careful with Stars from everywhere, more specifically people in general. The league doesn't matter its about the make up of the individual. You say Pastore and I say Balotelli, Silva, Ibrahimovic.

It is always a gamble but for a talent like Paul Pogba, and yes I do believe he is one of the few legit box to box midfielders in the world, its a risk I'm willing to take. Jose, if anything at all knows how to train box to box midfielders and I doubt he'd have to work too hard with a specimen like Pogba.

Fantastic prospect, if the board deem it within their powers to sign him I will not have any problem with it regardless of the price. I challenge anyone to come up with a couple names that surpass that of Paul Pogba's.

2014-15 : pogba

2013-14: cavani and falcao

2012-13 ; hulk

2011-12 : modric

some players who will be linked with us thruout the window with next to no chance of us actually buying them!!!

Pogba is most like Hulk. Sort of unknown quantity who people love way more than they should right now. (He has more upside than Hulk long-term though). I remember people saying we should bid 50M on Hulk. Similar to Fellaini. People thought 30M was a bargain! People get certain players into their heads and build them into players they are not.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You