Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Paul Pogba

Madmax

We've been really smart in this transfer window- 50m for Luiz, half of Markovic's fee( anytime, now), Costa on a fairly cheaper deal. Time to lose it and splash the cash for Pogba. Worth it, IMO. I reckon 55m is the number.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what'll be our line up with him?

--------------------Costa-------------------

Hazard-----------------------Willian/Oscar

-----------------Fabregas------------------

--------Matic---------------Pogba----------

Luis-------Terry--------Cahill--------Azpi

-----------------Courtois---------------------

-----------------Fabregas------------------

--------Matic---------------Pogba----------

I thought Cesc didn't want to play that high up the pitch?

-------Fabregas-----Pogba----------

-------------------Matic

This seems possible but leaves us with only Costa as our only goal scorer.

I thought Cesc didn't want to play that high up the pitch?

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. Cesc likes playing the #10--that's what he was in his last year at Arsenal. They didn't let him play there at Barcelona because Messi plays in the centre and they don't use a traditional CAM.

We've been really smart in this transfer window- 50m for Luiz, half of Markovic's fee( anytime, now),

We have the option to buy Benfica's 50% share; Markovic's agent owns the other 50% I believe. So we don't actually own him at all and I assume this means we get nothing out of his transfer to Liverpool.

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. Cesc likes playing the #10--that's what he was in his last year at Arsenal. They didn't let him play there at Barcelona because Messi plays in the centre and they don't use a traditional CAM.

He played as an attacking midfielder for Barca, not Arsenal... he was ruined used there as he was one of the best deep lying midfield players in Europe at the time.

If I remember correctly, he was the "CAM". Wheelchair and Song were the "CDM". 2010-11 Arsenal team, I say.

In Barcelona and Spain played as "ST".

Yes, Wenger and Pep fucked his career at the end. Well, in the process, he learned a lot of things and gained new skills.

If I remember correctly, he was the "CAM". Wheelchair and Song were the "CDM". 2010-11 Arsenal team, I say.

In Barcelona and Spain played as "ST".

Yes, Wenger and Pep fucked his career at the end. Well, in the process, he learned a lot of things and gained new skills.

OT mate but Fav. player : 'Cesc Fabregas' without playing a single game in a Chelsea shirt. :confused:

top player though.

has all the makings of a BS rumor. those who're reporting it (goal, gazzetta etc) are carefully wording their articles on Pogba. No talk of Chelsea bid or chelsea in talks to sign him

He played as an attacking midfielder for Barca, not Arsenal... he was ruined used there as he was one of the best deep lying midfield players in Europe at the time.

Offtopic, so I replied in Fabregas's thread.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-60m-pogba-deal-back-on-as-juventus-rival-arsenal-and-liverpool-for-alexis-sanchez-9588955.html

Chelsea have been given hope over their ambitious quest to sign Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba with the Italian club now ready to rival Arsenal for the signature of Alexis Sanchez.

Manager Jose Mourinho has already spent £60million this summer on Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa but he wants more strength in Chelsea’s midfield.

Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, has consistently stated the France international is staying with Juventus but the Italian champions may be tempted to sell in order to fund summer bids for their top targets.

Wouldnt mind him but to that price... Scary.

Costa

Hazard Fabregas Schurle

Pogba-Matic

Feels like FM tbh.

Edit;

Cant see Madrid letting go of Di Maria, not after his season. What happend with Kroos?

I'm still holding out hope that it's possible. And if not Pogba then some other midfielder.

Just look at the powerful midfield we used in the biggest games last season in Matic/Luiz. We no longer have the combinations to field a partnership like that. I think José will want a player like Pogba. Has all the traits that Mourinho loves.

I'm still holding out hope that it's possible. And if not Pogba then some other midfielder.

Just look at the powerful midfield we used in the biggest games last season in Matic/Luiz. We no longer have the combinations to field a partnership like that. I think José will want a player like Pogba. Has all the traits that Mourinho loves.

You dont have to have two super tall CMs, Ramires-Matic-Cesc could and should be a lot better than the Luiz-Matic partnership in the big games. With Luiz-Matic we didnt had any constant creativity, any great ball movement, any possession, we couldnt be the active side, we had power and work rate and its not what we should count on in the future.

I personally want to see Cesc running the game from deep, in the big games and the 'normal' ones. 4-2-3-1 with Cesc and Matic in the midfield or 4-3-3 with Cesc, Ramires and Matic should be good enough and better than what we had since at least 09/10. In most games i would start Matic-Cesc, and getting Pogba wouldnt allow that regulary, when imo we shouldnt play 4-3-3 against the smaller teams. In those games i preffer Cesc-Matic-Hazard-Willian-Oscar/Schurrle, than Pogba-Matic-Cesc-Hazard-Willian. I want us to have one more AM more than a Pogba.

What i mean is that getting Pogba would imo benefit us only in the big games, and i think we shouldnt spend 70m euros on him when we already have a great central midfield that fits Jose's game and probably the best in the league along with City.