Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years we were a completely different club. We were challenging for 4th and in the EL, now we're challenging for the title and the CL. Two years ago Ryan Bertrand was an important player for us. We can't have that now. We need someone in his prime to be a starter in our midfield.

You're limiting our options unnecessarily. Age has nothing to do with it... If we were the team we are now two years ago and Hazard became available we'd be dumb not to make a bid. We're talking about the longevity of a club, Pogba, even if he isn't the answer right now looks every bit like a future world beater. This team as is, with noticeable holes was one win away from the champions league finals and 4 pts away from the Prem, you don't think adding a player like Pogba aids us? OF COURSE IT DOES! for 40m I want a player who can be here for potentially 10yrs, not 4-5.

Personally, Koke will be my first choice even over Pogba who is my second. An absolute pearl of a midfielder. A managers wet-dream. Power, technique, killer passes, can play in the pivot as a holder or a DLP, left wing, right wing and a number 10! Just a beast and an amazing tactical option.

Has a wicked set-piece delivery too, something this current crop of players amazingly seem to lack.

I won't want to be that club that severely weakens them though. But we should also throw 40-50 million at him and see what Atletico says.

Personally, Koke will be my first choice even over Pogba who is my second. An absolute pearl of a midfielder. A managers wet-dream. Power, technique, killer passes, can play in the pivot as a holder or a DLP, left wing, right wing and a number 10! Just a beast and an amazing tactical option.

Has a wicked set-piece delivery too, something this current crop of players amazingly seem to lack.

I won't want to be that club that severely weakens them though. But we should also throw 40-50 million at him and see what Atletico says.

Koke would be the best option for us. 40 m would be the minimum I think. His release clause is 60 m and Barca are rumoured to be interested (would be a perfect xavi replacement)

I'd love to see Koke as a Chelsea player. I think I'd be happy with Pogba too, but Koke has now played for 2 good seasons and appears to be a very good player. I haven't seen too much of him though, and tonight's final game should tell us more about him and how he plays against top teams in a very highly anticipated game.

Would Koke adapt to the EPL? Would he welcome coming to London to play with a few of his Atletico teammates? If yes, then we should buy him. Not only is he young and versatile but he is exceptional on set pieces. If we can get him for £35-40 then it'd be good.

Dude, a 21 yr old is going to have bad games... Hell a 29yr old will have bad games! And how do you rate consistency? I haven't watched a lot of Juve this year but by all accounts he was probably their most consistent player this year and that's saying A LOT. He was man of the match 6 times, only two less than Hazard.

I don't think age matters here I want a player who has the potential to be the best in the world, not someone who will fade a few years down the line. Pogba has everything if you ask me, size, power, technique, speed, finish... you don't get that from a 21 yr old very often, he is the full package and looks like he will only get better. We would be idiots to have a need in midfield and not have him near the top of the list of potential acquisitions.

That's kinda my whole point. In short: He will likely become world class but because of his age he's still very inconsistent and still sometimes comes up with pretty bad performances whihc I don't think he can afford to do here at Chelsea. My opinion is that we need someone who is a finished article to be a starter in midfield.

And NO, he was not by any stretch of the imagination Juve's most consistent player. That's probably Buffon or Chiellini.

Has he been any more or less inconsistent than Vidal, who has had many poor performances this season? Pogba, like Varane ^^^^^^^^^^^ as someone said above, is a young player who is a very consistent performer. That's one of the things he gets praised for, his consistency. Hardly has any bad games. If we're going to nitpick one or two games where a player doesn't play well then anyone can be made to look "inconsistent". i.e Vidal.

This is key. If Pogba is not playing well, it lasts for a certain stretch of games, because of poor form or whatever. Then he picks back up. Inconsistent players have one good game and one bad game and so on. It alternates. Most top players go through the former not the latter.

The inconsistent thing has become an unfair tag thrown at young players nowadays, including, initially Hazard, which bordered on the ridiculous, considering it was his first season in England.

As for pressure, believe me, Pogba can handle it. A player so young who is the midfield controller for the biggest team in Italy is no joke. A player who is expected to be the midfield lynchpin for France in this up-coming world cup is no joke.

Personally, I think he's amazing and fantastically consistent as someone his age shouldn't be.

He is not a consistent perform. It would be out of this world if here for someone of his age playing the role he plays. He's far more inconsistent than Vidal because even on bad form, Arturo still puts in decent performances.

That's kinda my whole point. In short: He will likely become world class but because of his age he's still very inconsistent and still sometimes comes up with pretty bad performances whihc I don't think he can afford to do here at Chelsea. My opinion is that we need someone who is a finished article to be a starter in midfield.

And NO, he was not by any stretch of the imagination Juve's most consistent player. That's probably Buffon or Chiellini.

You have got to be kidding. He can't afford to make a mistake at Chelsea? as a youth on his way to being world class? I don't know about that man... Your finished article will also make mistakes at Chelsea btw.

I can't imagine a world where a 21 yr old in not allowed the time and space to make mistakes on his path to immortality. I think we've been spoiled rotten at Chelsea, all the success means that we need instant success in order for things to stay status quo... If it takes Pogba 4 yrs to reach his potential I'm willing to wait, its a team game after all and beyond that I'm not starved for success I just want to see the team grow and reach its full potential.

Pogba may not have been the most consistent player at Juve, I'll take your word for it since I don't watch them that much but you would be hard-pressed to convince me he wouldn't make a significant contribution to this Chelsea team now even with the these 'inconsistencies' that seem to plague most young footballers.

To be honest with you we need to be better at spotting talent and developing it, buying finished articles can be an expensive practice in football these days. Look at Luiz if you want evidence of that.

I can't imagine a world where a 21 yr old in not allowed the time and space to make mistakes on his path to immortality.

:lol:

You obviously haven't been seeing Chelsea for the past decade! When have we ever given a 21yr old time and space to make mistakes?! I'm not debating whether or not that is right, I'm saying that it is true. And the situation ins completely different in the Serie A even at a top club like Juve.

:lol:

You obviously haven't been seeing Chelsea for the past decade! When have we ever given a 21yr old time and space to make mistakes?! I'm not debating whether or not that is right, I'm saying that it is true. And the situation ins completely different in the Serie A even at a top club like Juve.

When they are potentially world beaters!! Oscar and Hazard come to mind.

Has Koke even played as a center midfielder this season? i thought he played on the wing and behind the striker? or does he play in a 4-3-3 with Gabi and Tiago/Suarez?

precisely. he has not played CM as much as i know.atleast have not seen him play there this season. i would rather have rakitic.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You