Paul Pogba

Madmax

We need an adept passer of the ball, so I believe Pogba is not the answer. Great DM prospect, but I think other players would suit much, much better i.e. Rakatic.

I really think people need to come to grips with the fact that Rakitic is a central ATTACKING mid and not a pivot or deep lying playmaker. square peg, meet cylinder.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think people need to come to grips with the fact that Rakitic is a central ATTACKING mid and not a pivot or deep lying playmaker. square peg, meet cylinder.

almost as good as people suggesting Koke as CM :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: even though he play as RM for like 99% of the games this season.

I really think people need to come to terms with the fact that a lot of DLP start off as attacking midfielders. Scholes was, Pirlo was and Modric was. Where does Modric play now? Dictating the tempo for one of the best teams in the world. Where does Rakatic play for his country? Both he and Modric play CM together in the national team and they have problems because they are too similar. Any player who is too similar to Luka Modric, eh, can you say 'yes fucking please'?

I really think people need to come to terms with the fact that a lot of DLP start off as attacking midfielders. Scholes was, Pirlo was and Modric was. Where does Modric play now? Dictating the tempo for one of the best teams in the world. Where does Rakatic play for his country? Both he and Modric play CM together in the national team and they have problems because they are too similar. Any player who is too similar to Luka Modric, eh, can you say 'yes fucking please'? We're not buying him to make tackles and win the ball, Matic does that.

tbf, Rakitic has played quite a few games as a classic central midfielder for Sevilla in a 2 man midfield. Like Modric or Kroos, he can play these two positions quite well.

precisely. he has not played CM as much as i know.atleast have not seen him play there this season. i would rather have rakitic.

Koke has played CM whenever Simeone switched to 4-3-3, and whenever they played 4-4-2 he literally played like another CM then RW. Koke has amazing defensive work rate, the kid had 10 tackles against Barca in their La Liga finale. I foresee him being another Schwinsteiger in making the transition to a deeper role. Barca also wants him for the Xavi role in their system. Would love Koke here.

OT: Pogba or Koke would be unbelievable signing, i would be ecstatic with either. Some are making Pogba sound like a potential player, he is the real deal and can improve almost every top club midfield as it stands. If you consider how much he can improve our midfield atm and what he can become down the road makes his signing a no brainer. But the tough part is getting Juve to sell, it would take crazy money for them to sell. I think 35m is not enough for Juve to sell, i am not sure how much it would take though. Really not sure what is the market for him with FFP restrictions and all that.

Edit: I meant LW/LM instead of RW/RM, Koke position for Alti.

Has Koke even played as a center midfielder this season? i thought he played on the wing and behind the striker? or does he play in a 4-3-3 with Gabi and Tiago/Suarez?

precisely. he has not played CM as much as i know.atleast have not seen him play there this season. i would rather have rakitic.

People want Oscar to play DLP despite never having played there, so it's no surprise such talk is made about Koke too.

People want Oscar to play DLP despite never having played there, so it's no surprise such talk is made about Koke too.

Apart from the fact that Koke has played as a central midfielder many times in his career for Atletico, like Joker10 said. In reality, that's his actual position but Simeone uses him on the left because of Tiago and Gabi.

Oscar from what I know has never played there before and should not. I think the only time he's started at central midfield for us was away to Leeds? When Benitez tried it. But that was a 3 man midfield, anyway, not a 4-2-3-1.

Apart from the fact that Koke has played as a central midfielder many times in his career for Atletico, like Joker10 said. In reality, that's his actual position but Simeone uses him on the left because of Tiago and Gabi.

Then surely he's better in that position than he is in dlp?

Then surely he's better in that position than he is in dlp?

Simeone probably doesn't use him there because in a 4-4-2, he maybe thinks it's not solid enough to play him there, or that his creative quality will be more telling playing as an inverted winger,(sort of how Barca play Iniesta on the left wing sometimes) or that Gabi and Tiago are just fantastic players and are not as versatile as Koke so have to play there. Who knows.

As for being better, I dunno. The way he plays sometimes, it's basically like a CM and AM on the wing. If we buy him, I'm sure he will play next to Matic though.

And if Oscar starts to mess up, we just put Koke there as an AM. Same thing applies to Willian. Koke on RW.

Juventus saying Pogba and Vidal are worth €95-100m together.

I say get them both and go back to 4-3-3.

Send the gift you just received from Paris (€50m) to Torino and add Lukaku (€25m) & Oscar (€30m) to the deal.

---------------- Courtois ----------------

--- Azpi -- Cahill -- Ivanovic -- ?? ---

------------------ Matic ------------------

---------- Vidal ------- Pogba ----------

--- Willian ------------------ Hazard ---

------------- Diego Costa --------------

Send the gift you just received from Paris (€50m) to Torino and add Lukaku (€25m) & Oscar (€30m) to the deal.

In reality it does not work this way. We just can not abandon the system we played for one full and change it for two players.

I doubt both of them will be sold.

I doubt Vidal will come to Chelsea.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You