Paul Pogba

Madmax

Aren't Juve in financial trouble just like the rest of the Italian clubs? Can they really afford to turn down even £35m?

Test them on both Vidal and Pogba. Either one would be amazing. Vidal to me is clearly the better player currently, but I think Pogba has a higher ceiling.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food for thought:

Arturo Vidal had an embarrassing start to his career in Europe.

Thiago Silva barely played and pro football before joining Milan.

Yaya Toure journeyed around France, Holland and Ukraine.

Drogba had one season at Marseille before joining Chelsea.

Don't be so quick to dismiss players.

Aren't Juve in financial trouble just like the rest of the Italian clubs? Can they really afford to turn down even £35m?

Test them on both Vidal and Pogba. Either one would be amazing. Vidal to me is clearly the better player currently, but I think Pogba has a higher ceiling.

No they are not in any immediate financial trouble (very low debt) and of course they can afford to turn that down. It was rumoured they turned down an even bigger bid for Pogba by PSG in the past.

I'm not sure how true this so-called bid is though. On twitter, very few sources reporting it.

No they are not in any immediate financial trouble (very low debt) and of course they can afford to turn that down. It was rumoured they turned down an even bigger bid for Pogba by PSG in the past.

I'm not sure how true this so-called bid is though. On twitter, very few sources reporting it.

I see.

I do think he's just the type of player José would love, but as you say, no reliable or reputable sources saying we've bid for him.

They can afford to lose Pogba because they've got a great player to replace him already in Marchisio. I'm pretty sure they'd be thinking hard about an offer in the region of £35m.

I think they'd prefer to sell Marchisio to be honest. Pogba is younger.

Juve want to be able to play 4-3-3 next season, so they need to buy wingers. According to Di Marzio and more sources in Italy Alexis Sanchez is someone they want, Cuardado is an option, Roberto Pereyra, Candreva. And they also want Adrien Rabiot who's a CM/CAM.

To bring two wingers like them and maybe Rabiot too, they might need to sell Pogba/Vidal.

How...

How... I'll try to put it in words because is have no footage of what I mean..

He tends to let his head hang after he makes an error, a certain arrogance that's part of his game in general, and don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but let's assume that lampard is THE Mourinho type of player. Mentality wise there's a big difference there.

I'm not trying to make an important point here, just my vision on the matter.

I think they'd prefer to sell Marchisio to be honest. Pogba is younger.

They would definitely prefer to but I don't think clubs are after him - Pogba is the one that is attracting interest and they'd also get a very sizeable fee for him if they were to sell him on - so it's not really about who they'd prefer to sell.

I don't even understand why anyone would even consider bringing in Pogba.

We need someone who has Playmaker Qualities. Someone who is able to carry the Game forward and able to create Space and Chances.

Somone mentioned 40 Millions. :D .. Wtf? Are you kidding me? For what? We want to build a Team for the Future, that plays well-rehearsed Football.

For that we need the right Players in the right Positions and not just any Player who happens to have one ore two good Skills.

Pogba has the potential to become the best central midfielder in the world and certainly one of the best players in the world. But he's still got a long way to go. Right now, for most people who don't watch Serie A and Juve regularly, they see a couple of performances where Paul is world class and is the best player on the pitch, and he's certainly capable of producing those performances, but they don't see the performances where he's less than impressive. He's simply far too inconsistent at the moment. Yes, he's had some world class performances, but he's also had some pretty bad ones, some even in big games (Galatasaray away springs to mind). And while at Juve he can afford to make mistakes and have bad performances, he can't do that here.

That's why I would not want Pogba here this summer. I think we need someone who's over 25 and who has the maturity and consistency even if he does not have Paul's raw talent.

How... I'll try to put it in words because is have no footage of what I mean..

He tends to let his head hang after he makes an error, a certain arrogance that's part of his game in general, and don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but let's assume that lampard is THE Mourinho type of player. Mentality wise there's a big difference there.

I'm not trying to make an important point here, just my vision on the matter.

He surely does have a certain arrogance to his game but I'm not sure you can compare him to Balotelli in that aspect. Balotelli's mental problems are far bigger than that... That has more to do with him believing in his own abilities. It can definitely be managed by Mourinho because Paul's a very hard worker and doesn't lazy about like Balo does. Paul's attitude is much better than Balo's simply because he's more of a model professional than Mario.

FOr me Pogba is like Varane (before the knee injury).

20/21 years old and already one of the 3 best players in their postions.

He has everything, he is young, phisically he is a beast, fast, dood defensively, attacks properly, good shots. He is a perfet player.

Sign him.

Pogba has the potential to become the best central midfielder in the world and certainly one of the best players in the world. But he's still got a long way to go. Right now, for most people who don't watch Serie A and Juve regularly, they see a couple of performances where Paul is world class and is the best player on the pitch, and he's certainly capable of producing those performances, but they don't see the performances where he's less than impressive. He's simply far too inconsistent at the moment. Yes, he's had some world class performances, but he's also had some pretty bad ones, some even in big games (Galatasaray away springs to mind). And while at Juve he can afford to make mistakes and have bad performances, he can't do that here.

That's why I would not want Pogba here this summer. I think we need someone who's over 25 and who has the maturity and consistency even if he does not have Paul's raw talent.

I disagree with this. I watch Juventus a LOT and Pogba is a player who has been incredibly consistent in his time there. He did go through a rough patch this season but inconsistency and Pogba are not words that should be in the same sentence.

By the same token, Vidal is pretty inconsistent because he's had more mediocre than Pogba this season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You