Paul Pogba

Madmax

However, if you want to improve our midfield soon as possible, Nat is nowhere near to improve it Im afraid. To improve it, we would need someone far more experienced ala Vidal.

If you want our club to slowly grow and win first trophy in 2015, then give Chalobah, Baker and RLC startig roles and thats it.

Nat should be given some 3rd choice DM/CM role. Get Vidal, sell Essien and Mikel. 1. Vidal, 2. Lamps, 3. Nat

didn't Vidal just sign a new contract?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want our club to slowly grow and win first trophy in 2015, then give Chalobah, Baker and RLC startig roles and thats it.

Slowly grow perhaps, but then you've effected a massive change in the culture of the club. It wasn't like Barca gave Amor a go and that was it, they then had Guardiola come through, then Xavi, the Iniesta and then (or at least it should have been) Fabregas and Thiago.

I completely agree with you, but it will never happen unfortunely. Not under Mou and current board atleast. They want imediate impact and sucess that Nat and other ''kids'' wont give.

However, if you want to improve our midfield soon as possible, Nat is nowhere near to improve it Im afraid. To improve it, we would need someone far more experienced ala Vidal.

Nat should be given some 3rd choice DM/CM role. Get Vidal, sell Essien and Mikel. 1. Vidal, 2. Lamps, 3. Nat

Next year, Ginkel should replace Lamps.

Why is this notion that young and inexperienced equal inability to make meaningful impact right away. it's nothing more than a myth and a lazy argument used to dismiss youth integration at the top level. I can name plenty of players who shone brightly and outperformed their more experienced and accomplished competition when introduced into the team at a very young age despite lacking genuine experience at the top level. Fabregas, Casillas, Owen, giggs, Puyol, Raul,Fowler, Wilshere, Beckham and the list goes on and on

Moreover the same Pogba that some people are now creaming themselves over was an inexperienced youngster that many would have dismissed as "not ready yet" or "not good enough" to improve our midfield immediately before Juventus gave him the opportunity and platform to express himself and he never needed time to establish himself in one of the best midfield tandems in Europe.

All the talk of player A cannot improve us right away because of inexperience is complete and utter bollocks that lacks any basis, context and evidence.

That has never been in doubt. I would include ancelotti in there as well. . .since joining the Spanish club, he's already given multiple league and ucl apps to Jese rodriguez and morata . all madrid castilla products. and that's despite madrid having a far superior squad to ours and greater pressure and expectations to win titles.

If it was jose, all we would be hearing are speeches about eggs, chickens and yolk

Is this the same Jose that gave Huth numerous chances despite being shit and us having arguably the three best CB's in Europe? Or the one handed 17 year old Scott Sinclair his debut in a title decider? and even gave a chance to average tripe like Ben Sahar, Or the Jose that played Mikel and Diarra as teenagers?

He maybe could have done more this season, but you do realize the manager you have used as an example of how it should be done played Paulo Ferreira at CB ahead of Bruma and constantly ignored Sturridge?

Could he have done any less?

Besides setting fire to the training pitches and shitting in a bucket in the youth teams changing areas, what could Jose have done worse with our young players this year?

You are right, i am hoping that will change soon, and the chances he gave to Huth, Mikel and Diarra last time, give me reason to believe it will. He was also slowly bringing Sinclair into the fold before he did in his knee against Man.Utd.

Moreover the same Pogba that some people are now creaming themselves over was an inexperienced youngster that many would have dismissed as "not ready yet" or "not good enough" to improve our midfield immediately before Juventus gave him the opportunity and platform to express himself and he never needed time to establish himself in one of the best midfield tandems in Europe.

You can't praise Juve for giving Pogba the chance and platform to perform how he is at the moment as it would go against everything you're trying to preach. Juve had a talented lad called Luca Marrone, who like Chalobah, is capable of playing as a central midfielder and as a central defender. Instead of giving Marrone a fair chance what did Juve do? They signed Pogba last season which gave him almost no chance of featuring in midfield. The only opportunities that arose were at CB due to injuries/suspension. And even then, any hopes he had of featuring more in this position were dashed in the summer with Juve signing Angelo Ogbonna. It happens all the time at the bigger clubs.

He'll make it at Chelsea....

He has good mentality and work rate. Two aspects Jose loves.

I cant say much about the others, but I fully expect ake to make it in the long run.

Not as a CM.

RLC, Chalobah and Baker are all more talented than him in that position.

Why is this notion that young and inexperienced equal inability to make meaningful impact right away. it's nothing more than a myth and a lazy argument used to dismiss youth integration at the top level. I can name plenty of players who shone brightly and outperformed their more experienced and accomplished competition when introduced into the team at a very young age despite lacking genuine experience at the top level. Fabregas, Casillas, Owen, giggs, Puyol, Raul,Fowler, Wilshere, Beckham and the list goes on and on

What allowed Pogba to shine, is Juve's squad was well balanced, had a player in his peak (Vidal) and a player of great experience (Pirlo) playing next to him.

There is giving youth a chance, then there is turning into an Olympic team.

Also to add for one of those people that you have listed, their is a group like the lads we tried to promote (Kakuta, PVA, Bruma and Kakuta), we still haven't recovered from stripping our squad bare, or when we got tonked 3-0 at home to Sunderland did you say "oh well, atleast our bench was full of our youth cup winning team" ? We promoted 4 young players thinking they were ready, they weren't and we suffered for it, so surely you can understand why some are a bit skeptical of us doing that again, no?

By all means put them in the squad and build their role gradually, but i draw the line at putting them in a position were we could be reliant on them at the age of 18.

• 5 months later...

Honestly, break the fucking bank for this guy. BREAK THE FUCKING BANK!

Association trained, a fucking BEAST, 21, exactly what we need.

Just do the PSG and make the bid!

do it quick

barca want him and w.carvalho

Not good enough defensively, not that fantastic attacking either, honestly baffles me whenever people go nuts over him. He has been good in Serie A but nothing more, in CL he flopped like most of Juve.

last year EH flopped in CL like most of chelsea. does not mean he is not class. and this guy definitely is!!!

Not good enough defensively, not that fantastic attacking either, honestly baffles me whenever people go nuts over him. He has been good in Serie A but nothing more, in CL he flopped like most of Juve.

He's 21, and showed more than enough potential to improve in both sides of his game.

WHAT??? Have you seen Paul Pogba play? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2CLCbGmdkU

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You