Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juventus saying Pogba and Vidal are worth €95-100m together.

I say get them both and go back to 4-3-3.

Send the gift you just received from Paris (€50m) to Torino and add Lukaku (€25m) & Oscar (€30m) to the deal.

---------------- Courtois ----------------

--- Azpi -- Cahill -- Ivanovic -- ?? ---

------------------ Matic ------------------

---------- Vidal ------- Pogba ----------

--- Willian ------------------ Hazard ---

------------- Diego Costa --------------

i dont want to challenge the strat here but just want to point out that 30mil euros for oscar is massively under pricing him.

Ahh I see. Pogba can be that guy?

Pogba can most certainly be that guy. People here are looking for Modric/Pirlo, I'm looking for Yaya Toure. Pogba is the closest thing to him, he's very good on the ball and can most certainly pick a pass.

Matic and Pogba is a dream tandem for a Jose team.

This forum has an unhealthy obsession with deep lying playmakers. It's like no midfielder is good enough unless they can pass like Scholes/Pirlo

Well, if we continue to insist on using 4-2-3-1 as our default formation, a DLP is kind of a necessity to make the "2" in our midfield more functional. It would also be an immense help with our counter-attacking. Also, a quality DLP is a joy to watch.

This forum has an unhealthy obsession with deep lying playmakers. It's like no midfielder is good enough unless they can pass like Scholes/Pirlo

that's because it's exactly what the team has been wanting (for me even more than a proper striker) ever since Balack left ... I can't believe Chelsea failed to sign anyone decent since 2010. That's more than four years with a shitty midfield unworthy of a top 10 PL team :(

Hahahaha...I agree with you, but I think what everyone really believes that it would move us to another level if we had someone of the passing ability of Pirlo/Alonso/Modric in our midfield, spraying around silky passes and through balls for all our attacking talent. Instead we have been subjected to more industrious type midfielders in recent times, Mikel/Ramires, they get the job done, just don't do with nearly as much style.

If you compare the profiles of Pogba and Toure you will find that there actually is a lot of similarities between the two. Check WhoScored for example, an excellent website. The two players share four out of six defining strengths over there, them being concentration, key passes, long shots and through balls. The key passes and through balls are especially important as we are looking for a creative outlet in the middle. Their height is similar (Toure is 3 cm's taller) while Toure also weigh 10 kg's more (which some time in the gym can fix). The difference in weight might however also be partially why Pogba has "very strong" in dribbling while Toure does not even have "strong", Pogba is more mobile and have a better technique at 21 already.
Also worth mentioning is that Toure has been weak in tackling and contributing in the defense, weaknesses he does not share with Pogba.

One might also consider the synergy of Matic and Pogba. If we keep looking at WS we will see that both share the strengths key passes, aerial duels, concentration and dribbling. The others accentuate that Pogba is the more offensive one (through balls, long shots) of the duo, while Matic is the more defensive one (tackling).

In other words, Pogba is the closest we can get today to a young Yaya Toure with his best years ahead of him. With him next to Matic we would have two tall and very strong players who win most aerial duels, are gifted technique-wise, provide a lot of key passes and complement each in order to balance the middle.

I love Loftus-Cheek, and I rate Van Ginkel, but we are basically hoping that they could become as good as Pogba. In this scenario I would rather take the real thing, especielly now that the Luiz-transfer might have made the transfer a lot more realistic.

We dont need a DLP the way we're playing under Jose.

We need stable DM's who can just pass the ball to our AMs, and Pogba is perfect for this.

Matic+Pogba

Matic+Ramires

Pogba+Ramires

I actually like the sound of that.

If you compare the profiles of Pogba and Toure you will find that there actually is a lot of similarities between the two. Check WhoScored for example, an excellent website.

Just looking at that and Pogba has a 7.51 rating. Mile Jedinak has a 7.55 rating. He also manages 1 more tackle and 3 more interceptions per game.

Think we're missing a trick by not trying to sign a player who is scientifically proven to be 0.04 better, although his age might be against him.

Why people compare all those stats? I want Pogba because I saw him and he was amazing every time, he is young and fits our midfield perfectly. Not because he has 7.5 or so rating on whoscored...

This aint fifa

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You