Paul Pogba

Madmax

FOr me Pogba is like Varane (before the knee injury).

20/21 years old and already one of the 3 best players in their postions.

He has everything, he is young, phisically he is a beast, fast, dood defensively, attacks properly, good shots. He is a perfet player.

Sign him.

Exactly.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even understand why anyone would even consider bringing in Pogba.

We need someone who has Playmaker Qualities. Someone who is able to carry the Game forward and able to create Space and Chances.

Somone mentioned 40 Millions. :D .. Wtf? Are you kidding me? For what? We want to build a Team for the Future, that plays well-rehearsed Football.

For that we need the right Players in the right Positions and not just any Player who happens to have one ore two good Skills.

This is exactly what Pogba does, combined with physical power unlike light-weights like Kroos. I'm not sure which Pogba you're talking about. I'll be willing to pay 40 million for him. Even 50 million.

He surely does have a certain arrogance to his game but I'm not sure you can compare him to Balotelli in that aspect. Balotelli's mental problems are far bigger than that... That has more to do with him believing in his own abilities. It can definitely be managed by Mourinho because Paul's a very hard worker and doesn't lazy about like Balo does. Paul's attitude is much better than Balo's simply because he's more of a model professional than Mario.

Maybe balotelli was the wrong example, didn't mean to say he has that sort of screwed up mentality.

Let me put it this way and maybe it's not the best example since i haven't seen many van Ginkel games, but take the Same talent and put it in both van Ginkel and pogba, and i know whom would be mourinho's choice.

That's what i meant

Pogba has the potential to become the best central midfielder in the world and certainly one of the best players in the world. But he's still got a long way to go. Right now, for most people who don't watch Serie A and Juve regularly, they see a couple of performances where Paul is world class and is the best player on the pitch, and he's certainly capable of producing those performances, but they don't see the performances where he's less than impressive. He's simply far too inconsistent at the moment. Yes, he's had some world class performances, but he's also had some pretty bad ones, some even in big games (Galatasaray away springs to mind). And while at Juve he can afford to make mistakes and have bad performances, he can't do that here.

That's why I would not want Pogba here this summer. I think we need someone who's over 25 and who has the maturity and consistency even if he does not have Paul's raw talent.

So what about Marchisio? He is in his best years, has some pace, is skilfull, is a better passser than Pogba and his workrate is amazing, as he has to cover the lazy pirlo.

Alos vidal, i never understood how we did not even try to buy him in 2011 when he went to Juve. he already was a beast in Leverkusen and destined for the top. Even though no one could have predicted he would become one of the best box-to-box midfielders to walk the earth, he always was the more complete player than ramires.

Pogba has the potential to become the best central midfielder in the world and certainly one of the best players in the world. But he's still got a long way to go. Right now, for most people who don't watch Serie A and Juve regularly, they see a couple of performances where Paul is world class and is the best player on the pitch, and he's certainly capable of producing those performances, but they don't see the performances where he's less than impressive. He's simply far too inconsistent at the moment. Yes, he's had some world class performances, but he's also had some pretty bad ones, some even in big games (Galatasaray away springs to mind). And while at Juve he can afford to make mistakes and have bad performances, he can't do that here.

That's why I would not want Pogba here this summer. I think we need someone who's over 25 and who has the maturity and consistency even if he does not have Paul's raw talent.

That's the same concerning Hazard 2 years ago, and i can tell you, that was money well spent...

I disagree with this. I watch Juventus a LOT and Pogba is a player who has been incredibly consistent in his time there. He did go through a rough patch this season but inconsistency and Pogba are not words that should be in the same sentence.

By the same token, Vidal is pretty inconsistent because he's had more mediocre than Pogba this season.

Trust me, Paul has had pretty bad performances, not just this season. At times he was the worst Juve player on the pitch, so it's not comparable to Vidal. It's pretty normal, he plays in a position that requires a lot of maturity and experience and he's still very young. The way the Serie A and Juve work, the inconsistency is not a big deal, but if he comes here to Chelsea, he will be absolutely butchered. There's just too much pressure and the media and the fans will be calling for his head after the first bad performance.

So what about Marchisio? He is in his best years, has some pace, is skilfull, is a better passser than Pogba and his workrate is amazing, as he has to cover the lazy pirlo.

That has got to be the first time in history anyone has ever said that about Marchisio! :lol:

Marchisio has all the talent and ability in the world, but just lacks the mental aspects. Not sure he can work in a 2-man midfield, tbh.

This is exactly what Pogba does, combined with physical power unlike light-weights like Kroos. I'm not sure which Pogba you're talking about. I'll be willing to pay 40 million for him. Even 50 million.

Paul Pogba. 21. Juventus. 36 Games. 7 Assists. 7 Goals. 40-50 Million.

I'd still rather go with Tadic. 34 Games. 14 Assists. 16 Goals. 10-12 Million.

Pogba is the far better Dribbler. But the Price is Headeache.

That's the same concerning Hazard 2 years ago, and i can tell you, that was money well spent...

Two years we were a completely different club. We were challenging for 4th and in the EL, now we're challenging for the title and the CL. Two years ago Ryan Bertrand was an important player for us. We can't have that now. We need someone in his prime to be a starter in our midfield.

Trust me, Paul has had pretty bad performances, not just this season. At times he was the worst Juve player on the pitch, so it's not comparable to Vidal. It's pretty normal, he plays in a position that requires a lot of maturity and experience and he's still very young. The way the Serie A and Juve work, the inconsistency is not a big deal, but if he comes here to Chelsea, he will be absolutely butchered. There's just too much pressure and the media and the fans will be calling for his head after the first bad performance.

Has he been any more or less inconsistent than Vidal, who has had many poor performances this season? Pogba, like Varane ^^^^^^^^^^^ as someone said above, is a young player who is a very consistent performer. That's one of the things he gets praised for, his consistency. Hardly has any bad games. If we're going to nitpick one or two games where a player doesn't play well then anyone can be made to look "inconsistent". i.e Vidal.

This is key. If Pogba is not playing well, it lasts for a certain stretch of games, because of poor form or whatever. Then he picks back up. Inconsistent players have one good game and one bad game and so on. It alternates. Most top players go through the former not the latter.

The inconsistent thing has become an unfair tag thrown at young players nowadays, including, initially Hazard, which bordered on the ridiculous, considering it was his first season in England.

As for pressure, believe me, Pogba can handle it. A player so young who is the midfield controller for the biggest team in Italy is no joke. A player who is expected to be the midfield lynchpin for France in this up-coming world cup is no joke.

Personally, I think he's amazing and fantastically consistent as someone his age shouldn't be.

Why are you comparing a winger to a central midfielder? A player who plays for Juve in the Serie A to a player who plays for Twente in the mediocre Dutch league? And why do you think stats prove anything at all? Is Tadic also better than Iniesta as well?

Yes it is. But we should be shopping at Waitrose not Tesco to fill such an important position. Especially with the money at our disposal. And especially considering the power of the Man City squad we are competing with. B)

Maybe balotelli was the wrong example, didn't mean to say he has that sort of screwed up mentality.

Let me put it this way and maybe it's not the best example since i haven't seen many van Ginkel games, but take the Same talent and put it in both van Ginkel and pogba, and i know whom would be mourinho's choice.

That's what i meant

Fair enough, that's a valid concern but I think as Pogba matures we'll see less of that - plus with Mourinho as manager it won't be as big of a problem.

He's more than manageable in that aspect. He might be slightly arrogant with his belief in his own abilities but it's sort of justifiable - he is a very good player after all and does have the potential to be THE best in his position. I'm willing to overlook it as long as he produces which I'm certain he will do.

Tadic is predominantly a winger and plays in the Eredivisie. He's certainly above that level but he's not on Pogba's level at all.

Age is nothing but a number. There are some young players in world football like Hazard, Koke, Pogba, Courtois and Varane that are already some of the best players in their position Their game and skill-set is very well-rounded and they play at a high level, week in week out. They play like they are in their primes already. A few rough edges? yes. Can still get better Absolutely. But as good as anyone in their position.

This is what is most important and this is what seperates these players from the Neymar's, Gotze's and Lukaku's, who although talented still have a fairly under-developed skill-set.

Why are you comparing a winger to a central midfielder? A player who plays for Juve in the Serie A to a player who plays for Twente in the mediocre Dutch league? And why do you think stats prove anything at all? Is Tadic also better than Iniesta as well?

Yes it is. But we should be shopping at Waitrose not Tesco to fill such an important position. Especially with the money at our disposal. And especially considering the power of the Man City squad we are competing with. B)

Of course Tadic is not (yet) better than Iniesta or Modric or Kroos. I would take one of those ore all of them in an instant.

Paul Pogba is the better Ball Holder + Dribbler .. but he doesnt seem to be the Type of Guy whos able to tear up Holes into Defenses with good Passes.

Iniesta can do that thus his Stats = 18 Assists / 35 Games

Tadic plays Winger in Twente predominantly, but practically hes everywhere on the Field and can be used on every Midfield (Attacking) Position.

The Guy's a #10 and cheap! B)

The Problem is, I feel like we wont get our Hands on one of the above mentioned Three. And TBH I dont think we will get Pogba. Juventus just got Champions and are going to play CL next Season.

Whos left?

We will have to spend HUGE if we want to sign him. Especially, as if the reports are true, Madrid will also go for him. I think 50-60 m EUROS are the minimum for him. Question is, if we are ready to spend so much on 1 player, if we need to buy a striker and a LB probably too.

And people who are saying that he is a/ overrated or b/ nothing special dont have a clue or dont have watched one full game of him. This guy is an absolute gem and could be the best midfielder in coming years, if he fullfils his potential. This guy has really everything. Good passing skills, good vision, athleticism, quite fast, dribbling skills, powerful shot etc etc and he is only 21!!. Also he already knows English football while playing for the United reserves (even though its a different class of course). It would be gamble, because he would cost a huge sum, but it would be worth it I think. Futhermore he has the potential to become a marketing-gem, because of his look and his style of play. A lot of kids want to play like him etc. And the french-speaking market is also quite big

Dude, a 21 yr old is going to have bad games... Hell a 29yr old will have bad games! And how do you rate consistency? I haven't watched a lot of Juve this year but by all accounts he was probably their most consistent player this year and that's saying A LOT. He was man of the match 6 times, only two less than Hazard.

I don't think age matters here I want a player who has the potential to be the best in the world, not someone who will fade a few years down the line. Pogba has everything if you ask me, size, power, technique, speed, finish... you don't get that from a 21 yr old very often, he is the full package and looks like he will only get better. We would be idiots to have a need in midfield and not have him near the top of the list of potential acquisitions.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You