Paul Pogba

Madmax

Chalz_1772815a.jpg

Give the kid a fucking chance or sell him so we can buy him back in 3 years time for £30 million.

How about making Nat the 3rd midfielder in the foreseeable future? You know where I stand with him, I've been one of the few championing that when he comes back in January he should be put in the first team squad...

You know, Pogba and Ramires are first choice but Nat will still have plenty of game time - as Ramires grows old we'll have a starting midfield pivot of Pogba - Chalobah. Set for years.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about making Nat the 3rd midfielder?

You know, Pogba and Ramires are first choice but Nat will still have plenty of game time - as Ramires grows old we'll have a starting midfield pivot of Pogba - Chalobah. Set for years.

How about we just go with Nat now, bring through Loftus-Cheek and maybe even Baker or Swift?

That's an extreme example but the two players we're being linked with are one that United let for at 19 without giving him a chance (£30 million) and one that we let go for about £4 million without giving a chance (£25 million).

You'd have thought the penny would've dropped that maybe it's worth giving a chance to a young player rather than wasting money spending tens of millions of pounds a few years down the line.

How about we just go with Nat now, bring through Loftus-Cheek and maybe even Baker or Swift?

That's an extreme example but the two players we're being linked with are one that United let for at 19 without giving him a chance (£30 million) and one that we let go for about £4 million without giving a chance (£25 million).

You'd have thought the penny would've dropped that maybe it's worth giving a chance to a young player rather than wasting money spending tens of millions of pounds a few years down the line.

Edited my post btw - regardless, I'm all for bringing through youth but it's clear to everyone that we lack so much in that department of the team so I don't see the problem with bringing in a great player for that position - forget the fact that United let him go a few years back, he's his own player now.

All I'm saying is I'd love a midfield pivot that had let's say Ramires, Pogba, Chalobah and one of the youth players like RLC or Baker coming through as fourth choice - I'd love for this to be the scenario even as soon next season.

Like I said, if the above scenario was the case, Chalobah would still get plenty of game time.

I agree with TOPTB. Throw Ruben and Nathan in the first team. If they perform, we get to watch to youth products make it good. If they screw up, well they screw up, too bad. They aren't magically going to get world class in the Championship, they only way to guage their ability is at Chelsea. A great season at Watford means nothing. What matters is how they could perform at Chelsea.

Wouldn't complain about Pogba though...

Edited my post btw - regardless, I'm all for bringing through youth but it's clear to everyone that we lack so much in that department of the team so I don't see the problem with bringing in a great player for that position - forget the fact that United let him go a few years back, he's his own player now.

All I'm saying is I'd love a midfield pivot that had let's say Ramires, Pogba, Chalobah and one of the youth players like RLC or Baker coming through as fourth choice - I'd love for this to be the scenario even as soon next season.

Like I said, if the above scenario was the case, Chalobah would still get plenty of game time.

What about Van Ginkel? What about Mikel?

I just think it's such a slap in the face to every young player if they see us signing someone like Pogba. It tells them that the best way to get into the Chelsea first-team is to leave this club and go abroad....and they're not wrong.

What about Van Ginkel? What about Mikel?

I just think it's such a slap in the face to every young player if they see us signing someone like Pogba. It tells them that the best way to get into the Chelsea first-team is to leave this club and go abroad....and they're not wrong.

Mikel and MVG aren't in the same class as Pogba.

Lampard is going soon, so is Essien. Mikel is dispensable. The only senior CM that's really good enough to make a great contribution is Ramires. Signing Pogba won't deter the younger players, sorry I disagree; especially if the ones mentioned above aren't there anymore.

And what about Nathan Aké?

Great shout.

Anytime Aké had performed last season I was very impressed. I thought he offered just about as much as Mikel did while also giving us the chance to develop youth. He had a couple of loan opportunities this year but was convinced to stay to be counted as a home-grown. Sadly, that's all he seems to be to the club at this moment: one more name that fills the home-grown quota.

José talked about becoming a 'nurturing dad' to the young players at the start of the season. Well, if he says that again I'd kindly tell him where to shove it. If he really wanted to nurture youth he would've at least allowed him to go on loan to further his development. Will he have as many loan opportunities after another year of sitting in the reserves? Maybe, maybe not. But making him stay did nothing of benefit for his development, only for the benefit of the club.

But imagine there was a rule where a club actually had to use their home-grown players? Maybe that they had to start a set number of games a year for them to qualify? Woah, hang on. That seems a bit too radical. Shoot me now for even suggesting such rubbish.

Won't make it here as a midfielder IMO.

He won't make it as a midfielder at a top club, or he won't make it here?

Everytime he got a chance last year, he did well and I don't think we lost a game he appeared in (might be wrong). This year he's been well and truly fucked over.

Maybe we have to face facts - Benitez was better at giving young players a chance than Mourinho was. Fortunately we've got a sugar daddy with a fat chequebook.

Everytime he got a chance last year, he did well and I don't think we lost a game he appeared in (might be wrong). This year he's been well and truly fucked over.

Maybe we have to face facts - Benitez was better at giving young players a chance than Mourinho was. Fortunately we've got a sugar daddy with a fat chequebook.

That has never been in doubt. I would include ancelotti in there as well. . .since joining the Spanish club, he's already given multiple league and ucl apps to Jese rodriguez and morata . all madrid castilla products. and that's despite madrid having a far superior squad to ours and greater pressure and expectations to win titles.

If it was jose, all we would be hearing are speeches about eggs, chickens and yolk

Mikel and MVG aren't in the same class as Pogba.

Lampard is going soon, so is Essien. Mikel is dispensable. The only senior CM that's really good enough to make a great contribution is Ramires. Signing Pogba won't deter the younger players, sorry I disagree; especially if the ones mentioned above aren't there anymore.

Agree, We need another option in midfield soon who is already ahead of the learning curve and can perform a job week in week out. Chalobah, RLC, etc deserve a chance at the club but trusting them as starters all of a sudden is a big risk

Won't make it here as a midfielder IMO.

He'll make it at Chelsea....

He has good mentality and work rate. Two aspects Jose loves.

I cant say much about the others, but I fully expect ake to make it in the long run.

also, it doesn't help that there is an alarmingly high number of young players. Atsu is playing as a CM at Vitesse. there's Oriol Romeu on loan at Valencia. a lot of the youngsters won't make it here. guess we just have to accept that the club is a revolving door when it comes to young players

That has never been in doubt. I would include ancelotti in there as well. . .since joining the Spanish club, he's already given multiple league and ucl apps to Jese rodriguez and morata . all madrid castilla products. and that's despite madrid having a far superior squad to ours and greater pressure and expectations to win titles.

If it was jose, all we would be hearing are speeches about eggs, chickens and yolk

I really liked Ancelotti for this. He gave chane to Bruma, Kakuta, McEachren, van Aanholt, Borini.

I completely agree with you, but it will never happen unfortunely. Not under Mou and current board atleast. They want imediate impact and sucess that Nat and other ''kids'' wont give.

However, if you want to improve our midfield soon as possible, Nat is nowhere near to improve it Im afraid. To improve it, we would need someone far more experienced ala Vidal.

If you want our club to slowly grow and win first trophy in 2015, then give Chalobah, Baker and RLC startig roles and thats it.

Nat should be given some 3rd choice DM/CM role. Get Vidal, sell Essien and Mikel. 1. Vidal, 2. Lamps, 3. Nat

Next year, Ginkel should replace Lamps.

also, it doesn't help that there is an alarmingly high number of young players. Atsu is playing as a CM at Vitesse. there's Oriol Romeu on loan at Valencia. a lot of the youngsters won't make it here. guess we just have to accept that the club is a revolving door when it comes to young players

Based on what i have seen. Ake is superior to those youngster you mentioned and is without a question the most underrated youngster in our ranks. His composure, tatctical awareness and toughness actually reminds me of wilshere albeit a less technical version.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You