Paul Pogba

Madmax

people saying it would be better to buy several players instead of investing into one world class player sound like Tottenham/Liverpool fans after the sale of Bale/Suarez.

If you want to have a world class team, you will eventually have to break the bank and buy world class players

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thats your opinion. I think we do need a dominant and technical CM, and Pogba fits that role, and can contribute in more areas.

Of course we could use a dominant CM, any team in the world could be improved by Pogba. But I think I can objectively say that we need a right winger and a CB much more than we need a central midfielder. CM is probably the only place we have top class starting players in Cesc and Matic and very good backup options in Mikel and Ramires, and even some very exciting youngsters in Ake and RLC.

Of course we could use a dominant CM, any team in the world could be improved by Pogba. But I think I can objectively say that we need a right winger and a CB much more than we need a central midfielder. CM is probably the only place we have top class starting players in Cesc and Matic and very good backup options in Mikel and Ramires, and even some very exciting youngsters in Ake and RLC.

We'll agree to disagree, i think a partner for Cesc and Matic, someone who could help in some of Cesc duties and give us an option to create possesion, is more important than an RW. Dont think the team is able to be dominant enough in the more difficulte games, and i dont think Mikel and Ramires are good partners in the big games.

Laugh1ngMan,

No one said we need to buy servel "good" players instead of spending so much on Pogba, people think you could sign two world class players for that amount and they could be right.

We'll agree to disagree, i think a partner for Cesc and Matic, someone who could help in some of Cesc duties and give us an option to create possesion, is more important than an RW. Dont think the team is able to be dominant enough in the more difficulte games, and i dont think Mikel and Ramires are good partners in the big games.

Laugh1ngMan,

No one said we need to buy servel "good" players instead of spending so much on Pogba, people think you could sign two world class players for that amount and they could be right.

I highly doubt there are two world class players available for us for 80M € this summer

If Pogba goes to PSG, we should try to buy from them that cunt Verratti. He is the perfect midfielder for us.

i agree, i have said before Verratti would be top of my list for summer signings for us.

I highly doubt there are two world class players available for us for 80M € this summer

Yeah, it will be hard. Griezman+Gundogan maybe for 80-90. Depends if you call Gundogan a world class player post-injury, its a gamble.

My gut feeling is that we'll sign Griezman+Schniderlin.

If Verratti will be up for grabs all Europe will be after him, like with Pogba.

Pogba is a classy player but he came from somewhere... He started in a youth academy and guess what, we have one of the best youth academys in the world now.

Lets bring our own Pogna through... In the form of RLC!

The thing is, Griezman definetly isn't world class, and Koke might become one. (Don't get me wrong, i like those players and would be happy to get them)

But the thing is: those are all Atletico level players and if that is the level we aspire to be (hard to beat, outsiders for champions league etc.) than that is fine. But you ain't gonna reach the level of Barca/Real with those players and that is the level we should aspire too i feel and with Mou at the helm, increased revenue for the english teams with the new TV deal it should be possible

We shouldn't be scared to spend a little more on a single player. So if we are looking for reinforcement in midfield all we should look at is:

Koke>Pogba?

I think not

The thing is, Griezman definetly isn't world class, and Koke might become one. (Don't get me wrong, i like those players and would be happy to get them)

But the thing is: those are all Atletico level players and if that is the level we aspire to be (hard to beat, outsiders for champions league etc.) than that is fine. But you ain't gonna reach the level of Barca/Real with those players and that is the level we should aspire too i feel and with Mou at the helm, increased revenue for the english teams with the new TV deal it should be possible

We shouldn't be scared to spend a little more on a single player. So if we are looking for reinforcement in midfield all we should look at is:

Koke>Pogba?

I think not

I can't agree about Koke and Griezmann being only "Atletico level" players, but if we can't sign Pogba, who would you go for?

I can't agree about Koke and Griezmann being only "Atletico level" players, but if we can't sign Pogba, who would you go for?

Maybe not Koke but Griezmann definetly isn't the player that is gonna elevate a team to a next level.

That said I would be happy to get any of them but if i had to choose between Koke or Pogba (for more money) it would be Pogba

Don't let the height and frame fool you, Tomo. Pogba is no player for a role in front in of defence. He's very much a player for the Lampard role in terms of positional freedom, moving forward at any opportunity.

With that said your ideal 4-3-3 involves an anchor(matic) a box to box(pogba) and a playmaker (fab)

No matter how you want to slice it pogba is a great addition. Even in 4-2-3-1 he can function as a box to box like Ramires.

I think right now our market objectives may end up with two options.

OPTION 1.

Koke Matic

Fabregas

Griezmann Hazard

Diego Costa

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 2.

Pogba Matic

Fabregas

Willian Hazard

Diego Costa

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously Pogba is a world superclass can be one of the best players in the world we coming years, but 75 million pounds is an lot of money just to sign Messi with 22 years knowing what he will do in the future.

We have opted for an economic model that can ensure our future in the elite of football for the coming years and become a team to compete face to Face with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayer now ... and we can not change everything for a player young man who just has succeeded in Calcio as if we were talking about Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo.

We need a player with ability to score goals for Right - Winger and Griezmann has scored more than 25 goals for a team like Atletico de Madrid (a team with an extremely defensive role). I do not know if the clause of Griezmann are EUR 30 or 60 million (22 or 44 million pounds) I do not see no player better for our Right - Winger than Griezmann.

And I am convinced that Jose is totally in love with the game Koke. For me the perfect complement for our midfield to try return to recover the sensations of the beginning of the season with a very fast ball circulation and with great intensity.

I just would do something crazy to sign Lionel Messi, and I prefer to offer 100 million pounds (135 million euros) to sign Messi than offer 75 million pounds (101 million euros) to sign Pogba and send Fabregas to Barcelona to beg Messi on behalf all of us to that he signed for Chelsea. (by the way... Supporter started following leomessi. 16s) (by the way ... joking)

I think there we have to be cautious and think coolly and I think it's better Koke (30 million pounds + Filipe) + Griezmann (22 or 44 million pounds) + Varane (30 million pounds) = regeneration through 82 or 102 million pounds.

I vote for option 1

Regards to ALL.

All I'm saying is elite level teams have elite level players. If we want to compete on that level we need more than just hazard. Pogba will go to the highest bidder no doubt but we need to be amongst the bidders.

I don't buy this suggestion that buying two or three good players will get us to the next level. We need the elite and few will argue that a midfield of pogba, matic and cesc with Ramires and a young Ruben wouldn't rule the roost for years to come. If you win the midfield battle you will likely win the game.

At some point we're gonna have to break the bank again for a big time player and I just don't see that many im willing to break the bank for. Sure we can sign Griezmann and Koke and we would likely strengthen our already strong grip on the prem but in my estimation that still leaves us short of the big guns. We can't let Shitty or psg out bid us for pogba. I will accept him going to real or barca but not for the others.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You