Paul Pogba

Madmax

All I'm saying is elite level teams have elite level players. If we want to compete on that level we need more than just hazard. Pogba will go to the highest bidder no doubt but we need to be amongst the bidders.

I don't buy this suggestion that buying two or three good players will get us to the next level. We need the elite and few will argue that a midfield of pogba, matic and cesc with Ramires and a young Ruben wouldn't rule the roost for years to come. If you win the midfield battle you will likely win the game.

At some point we're gonna have to break the bank again for a big time player and I just don't see that many im winning to break the bank for. Sure we can sign Griezmann and Koke and we would likely strengthen our already strong grip on the prem but in my estimation that still leaves us short of the big guns. We can't let Shitty or psg out bid us for pogba. I will accept him going to real or barca but not for the others.

Take Barca out of the equation. He ain't waiting a year.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm saying is elite level teams have elite level players. If we want to compete on that level we need more than just hazard. Pogba will go to the highest bidder no doubt but we need to be amongst the bidders.

I don't buy this suggestion that buying two or three good players will get us to the next level. We need the elite and few will argue that a midfield of pogba, matic and cesc with Ramires and a young Ruben wouldn't rule the roost for years to come. If you win the midfield battle you will likely win the game.

At some point we're gonna have to break the bank again for a big time player and I just don't see that many im winning to break the bank for. Sure we can sign Griezmann and Koke and we would likely strengthen our already strong grip on the prem but in my estimation that still leaves us short of the big guns. We can't let Shitty or psg out bid us for pogba. I will accept him going to real or barca but not for the others.

Im all for Pogba but i cant see how Koke+Griezmann "leaves us short of the big guns" and Pogba supposedly bring us to the same level. I mean, Pogba imo is better than Koke or Griezmann, but its just one player with all the respect for his talents. Like with Pogba, Koke+Griezmann will make us complete imo, and imo we'll be able to compete every year with Barcelona, Real and Bayern. On paper off course.

You always need to remember Mourinho would never play a high line such as the one Bayern and Barca played yesterday, if we'll play anyone of those 3 teams he'll sit back no metter what players he'll have because in his opinion its the most safe option, its the safer bet and Jose doesnt like bets. If Jose watcehd yesterday's game im sure he thought "thats too much of a 50-50 fight, i wouldnt want to be so exposed". And because all of those teams like to have possesion no metter what, a great Chelsea team with Jose could be the huge rival in any time. My point is, even if we cant get Superstar Pogba to get our squad to be "Fantasy XI" like those 3 (although Bayern needs changes, ageing squad), i believe Jose could bring us to that level with the right players in.

Im all for Pogba but i cant see how Koke+Griezmann "leaves us short of the big guns" and Pogba supposedly bring us to the same level. I mean, Pogba imo is better than Koke or Griezmann, but its just one player with all the respect for his talents. Like with Pogba, Koke+Griezmann will make us complete imo, and imo we'll be able to compete every year with Barcelona, Real and Bayern. On paper off course.

You always need to remember Mourinho would never play a high line such as the one Bayern played yesterday, if we'll play anyone of those 3 teams he'll sit back no metter what players he'll have because in his opinion its the most safe option, its the safer bet and Jose doesnt like bets. If Jose watcehd yesterday's game im sure he thought "thats too much of a 50-50 fight, i wouldnt want it". And because all of those teams like to have possesion no metter what, a great Chelsea team with Jose could be the huge rival in any time. My point is, even if we cant get Superstar Pogba to get our squad to be "Fantasy XI" like those 3 (although Bayern needs changes, ageing squad), i believe Jose could bring us to that level with the right players in.

Can Koke or Griezmann boss a game? I haven't seen it. At this point its less about more adequate players and more about elite players. We have enough middling/good players, what we need are players who can take us to another level and I'm not so sure Koke can or Griezmann for that matter.

Regardless of what the situation is Pogba is the best midfielder for Jose because of his flexibility. He can play in a variety of systems and Jose would covet that greatly.

Can Koke or Griezmann boss a game? I haven't seen it. At this point its less about more adequate players and more about elite players. We have enough middling/good players, what we need are players who can take us to another level and I'm not so sure Koke can or Griezmann for that matter.

Regardless of what the situation is Pogba is the best midfielder for Jose because of his flexibility. He can play in a variety of systems and Jose would covet that greatly.

Why would Pogba or Koke or Griezmann need to "boss a game" by themselves? its a team game, Koke-Matic-Cesc-Hazard can boss a game, thats all we need to know, i dont know when would we need Pogba to boss a game by himslef, we're not Tottenham. Maybe in Juventus he needs to do that sometimes, they play 4-3-1-2 with no wingers and very little creativity, i can hardly see him doing that in Chelsea, Real or Barcelona. Even Ronaldo is not "bossing games" by himself, only player i can think of (in a top club, not Liverpool with Suarez) is Messi.

Im not disagreeing with you about Pogba. He could be great here but maybe its time for you to realise its not the only option and he probably wont play here.

Why would Pogba or Koke or Griezmann need to "boss a game" by themselves? its a team game, Koke-Matic-Cesc-Hazard can boss a game, thats all we need to know, i dont know when would we need Pogba to boss a game by himslef, we're not Tottenham. Maybe in Juventus he needs to do that sometimes, they play 4-3-1-2 with no wingers and very little creativity, i can hardly see him doing that in Chelsea, Real or Barcelona. Even Ronaldo is not "bossing games" by himself, only player i can think of (in a top club, not Liverpool with Suarez) is Messi.

Im not disagreeing with you about Pogba. He could be great here but maybe its time for you to realise its not the only option and he probably wont play here.

Its not about why its can they? That's the type of player we need in our squad right now. Hazard can take over games and he is the type of player we need to get to the next level.

In my estimation Pogba IS the only option available AND capable of taking us to the next level. Its precisely why every team wants him and next to no one wants Koke or Griezmann. We need Elite to be with the Elite.

Its not about why its can they? That's the type of player we need in our squad right now. Hazard can take over games and he is the type of player we need to get to the next level.

In my estimation Pogba IS the only option available AND capable of taking us to the next level. Its precisely why every team wants him and next to no one wants Koke or Griezmann. We need Elite to be with the Elite.

No one was after Cesc, Costa, Matic and Hazard (only city and us), so that means nothing. Very few clubs can afford those players and they are always fine in most positions... no one was after Modric or Kroos when Real got them, no one was after D.Silva or Boateng except the clubs who signed them. Pogba is a unique talent with huge potential to be a real global star also because of his style of play, so everyone will throw something and rightly so, I'm sure we're interested too, but only one club will sign him.

Btw, Barcelona activated Koke's buy out last summer and there are rumors about Griezmann-Bayern.

Just so I'll understand, if we can't get Pogba you suggest we shouldn't get anyone? Pogba or bust? How's that going to help? that's not how things work in football or in anything in life...

and like I said, it's more than a "stars" game, Mourinho's safe style of play in the big stages means you don't need so many superstars to compete.

If anyone thinks signing Pogba and playing 4-3-3 with Cesc and Matic is a good idea it isn't. Pogba's defensive contribution is shocking and he tends to go missing. People complain at Fabregas not doing enough defensively and going missing, which he really doesn't but yeah, imagine people complaining about both, especially after spending 75M to get one of the most overrated footballers in the world right now. Buying from Italy is dodgy, never mind buying from Italy for a world record fee for a 22 year old who has never really shown anything great in the CL against bigger teams. If he plays v Madrid, which hopefully he will, I think people will see hes not a player worth a record fee.

No one was after Cesc, Costa, Matic and Hazard (only city and us), so that means nothing. Very few clubs can afford those players and they are always fine in most positions... no one was after Modric or Kroos when Real got them, no one was after D.Silva or Boateng except the clubs who signed them. Pogba is a unique talent with huge potential to be a real global star also because of his style of play, so everyone will throw something and rightly so, I'm sure we're interested too, but only one club will sign him.

Btw, Barcelona activated Koke's buy out last summer and there are rumors about Griezmann-Bayern.

Just so I'll understand, if we can't get Pogba you suggest we shouldn't get anyone? Pogba or bust? How's that going to help? that's not how things work in football or in anything in life...

If I were you I'd go back and do some homework. There were tons of teams in for Cesc he made the choice difficult because he only wanted to play in London...

Teams were in for Costa too, go check out the january transfers before we got him... And clearly you haven't been keeping up with Matic, the summer before we signed him Utd were WELL in for him and they fucked it up.

And no one was in for HAZARD??? Dude he has his pick for whichever team he wanted PSG, Arsenal, Tottenham, Both City and Utd and a whole host of others.

Please show me where Barca activated Koke's buyout??

anyways I digress the fact that no one is in for Griezmann or Koke is neither here nor there, they are good players that can help any team but they aren't going to put us into that upper echelon... That's what I'm talking about. We have a lot of good to great players and are short on the elite/special types. Pogba is gonna be a Ballon D'or candidate with 3-5 yrs, thats the kind of talent we need.

And no I'm not saying Pogba or bust, I'm saying Pogba makes us a world beater in the making, whereas the other "targets" continue us on the status quo of 'one of the top clubs in the prem but not exactly one of Europe's finest'

If you look at the other teams in that upper echelon they all have one thing in common, 2-3 elite players in their squad.

If anyone thinks signing Pogba and playing 4-3-3 with Cesc and Matic is a good idea it isn't. Pogba's defensive contribution is shocking and he tends to go missing. People complain at Fabregas not doing enough defensively and going missing, which he really doesn't but yeah, imagine people complaining about both, especially after spending 75M to get one of the most overrated footballers in the world right now. Buying from Italy is dodgy, never mind buying from Italy for a world record fee for a 22 year old who has never really shown anything great in the CL against bigger teams. If he plays v Madrid, which hopefully he will, I think people will see hes not a player worth a record fee.

Weird because on my count every single big club are in for him Real, Utd, City, Chelsea, Barca, PSG all we're waiting for is Bayern and its complete. Do you know something those teams don't? Real head scratcher this...

If I were you I'd go back and do some homework. There were tons of teams in for Cesc he made the choice difficult because he only wanted to play in London...

Teams were in for Costa too, go check out the january transfers before we got him... And clearly you haven't been keeping up with Matic, the summer before we signed him Utd were WELL in for him and they fucked it up.

And no one was in for HAZARD??? Dude he has his pick for whichever team he wanted PSG, Arsenal, Tottenham, Both City and Utd and a whole host of others.

anyways I digress the fact that no one is in for Griezmann or Koke is neither here nor there, they are good players that can help any team but they aren't going to put us into that upper echelon... That's what I'm talking about. We have a lot of good to great players and are short on the elite/special types. Pogba is gonna be a Ballon D'or candidate with 3-5 yrs, thats the kind of talent we need.

And no I'm not saying Pogba or bust, I'm saying Pogba makes us a world beater in the making, whereas the other "targets" continue us on the status quo of 'one of the top clubs in the prem but not exactly one of Europe's finest'

If you look at the other teams in that upper echelon they all have one thing in common, 2-3 elite players in their squad.

Did you learn anything watching the Galacticos the first time and then more recently?

You don't need to sign every world class player or what people think to be world class players to be a top team. Sorry but its opinions like this that make me tear my hair out. Real Madrid signed Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Beckham, even Michael Owen. After 2003 they didn't win any trophies for 3 years, never advanced past the round of 16 in the CL except for once between 2005-2010... because their team was heavily unbalanced and full of star names who had to play even though they already had top players in certain positions. Same again, Kaka, Benzema, Ronaldo, Alonso, Bale, Illarramendi, James, Isco... list goes on and on.

We don't need to sign Pogba, to force him into a championship winning team, where the midfield is fine in my eyes except for a back up to Matic. We need to get another RW and get Cuadrado out I feel and also another CF to replace Didier as third choice as well as a 10 to replace Oscar as I feel he will go too.

I don't see how Pogba's that great, he plays in the most dominant team in Italy, where hes probably along with Tevez and Pirlo the best player in that squad. already have elite players in our squad in Courtois, John Terry, Hazard, Fabregas, Costa, Cech.... no point in signing players for the sake of it. If he was a RW or a 10 yes sure he'd be a good idea then but hes not.

I'm against Pogba's signing for such a fee mentioned because

1) he is very much a player who is for youtube videos, skills and flicks, 1 in 10 long range goals.

2) he would cost 75M, we could get 3 top players for that or just more.

3) we don't play 4-3-3 very often so unless we sold Oscar and used Cesc as a 10 he'd be a pointless buy.

4) his defensive contribution is never brought up, he plays in a team with Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio, who when I've seen them play do more of the dirty work.

If we are so desperate on signing a box to box player, I'd take Vidal who is a better player than Pogba.

Weird because on my count every single big club are in for him Real, Utd, City, Chelsea, Barca, PSG all we're waiting for is Bayern and its complete. Do you know something those teams don't? Real head scratcher this...

Of course every big team in the world is going to be after a 22 year old who is dominating the Italian league for the best team by a mile despite having Max Allegri who is renowned as a pretty average manager.... really I think the only real teams interested are Real (who aren't they interested in? Zidane seems to be talking about every fucking player that moves), PSG (lack of French players) and City (see him as a Toure replacement). 75M on Pogba or 75M on 3 players with FFP so vital these days?

Did you learn anything watching the Galacticos the first time and then more recently?

You don't need to sign every world class player or what people think to be world class players to be a top team. Sorry but its opinions like this that make me tear my hair out. Real Madrid signed Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Beckham, even Michael Owen. After 2003 they didn't win any trophies for 3 years, never advanced past the round of 16 in the CL except for once between 2005-2010... because their team was heavily unbalanced and full of star names who had to play even though they already had top players in certain positions. Same again, Kaka, Benzema, Ronaldo, Alonso, Bale, Illarramendi....

We don't need to sign Pogba, to force him into a championship winning team, where the midfield is fine in my eyes except for a back up to Matic. We need to get another RW and get Cuadrado out I feel and also another CF to replace Didier as third choice as well as a 10 to replace Oscar as I feel he will go too.

I don't see how Pogba's that great, he plays in the most dominant team in Italy, where hes probably along with Tevez and Pirlo the best player in that squad. already have elite players in our squad in Courtois, John Terry, Hazard, Fabregas, Costa, Cech.... no point in signing players for the sake of it. If he was a RW or a 10 yes sure he'd be a good idea then but hes not.

I'm against Pogba's signing for such a fee mentioned because

1) he is very much a player who is for youtube videos, skills and flicks, 1 in 10 long range goals.

2) he would cost 75M, we could get 3 top players for that or just more.

3) we don't play 4-3-3 very often so unless we sold Oscar and used Cesc as a 10 he'd be a pointless buy.

4) his defensive contribution is never brought up, he plays in a team with Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio, which very much frees him a tad.

Who said anything about every player? I'm pretty sure I said 2-3.

Same again, Kaka, Benzema, Ronaldo, Alonso, Bale, Illarramendi....

The highlighted players either don't play for Real Madrid or aren't Elite.

Same again, Kaka, Benzema, Ronaldo, Alonso, Bale, Illarramendi....

The highlighted players won the Champions League together

You could be right about where we need to add I'm not gonna dispute that too much all I'm saying is we need to add ELITE LEVEL TALENT to the good/great team in order to be considered ELITE and challenging on all fronts with the very best. If you think its up on the RW, sure! I'd love an elite winger to couple with Hazard right now... Maybe that is Bale??? I'm not necessarily a believer in him but I can see where you would think that. As far as another no.10 goes who can we get that is better than what we have?are there any out there that are elite and can win games for us?

Just because you can't see Pogba's greatness doesn't mean its not there brother. I can't see the moon everyday but I know it exists... Every big club wants Pogba, you think its just because they are all fanatical and don't know what they're doing? Laughable. He is without question a special player who will improve any team on the planet for years to come.

Your list of reasons are wack... not gonna address them. What you see and what pretty much every major scout on the planet see's is clearly in stark contrast.

Of course every big team in the world is going to be after a 22 year old who is dominating the Italian league for the best team by a mile despite having Max Allegri who is renowned as a pretty average manager.... really I think the only real teams interested are Real (who aren't they interested in? Zidane seems to be talking about every fucking player that moves), PSG (lack of French players) and City (see him as a Toure replacement). 75M on Pogba or 75M on 3 players with FFP so vital these days?

Aren't you forgetting Chelsea and Barca? Are you sure its only three of the biggest teams on the planet? hmmmm....

Aren't you forgetting Chelsea and Barca? Are you sure its only three of the biggest teams on the planet? hmmmm....

Well I can't see us wanting to pay Juve the 70M or whatever and then whatever wages he wants. Barca can't sign him yet either so.... PSG and City aren't even some of the biggest teams on the planet either.

Well I can't see us wanting to pay Juve the 70M or whatever and then whatever wages he wants. Barca can't sign him yet either so.... PSG and City aren't even some of the biggest teams on the planet either.

First of all how has the figure now risen to 70m? are we talking € or £? And why wouldn't Chelsea be in for him due to fee? Have we gone broke since the new TV deal, our winning the league, the new Champions league revenue and our new sponsorship deals? Are the hundreds of players we have on loan all of a sudden worthless?

And please get off your high horse. PSG and City are big clubs with big purses and big players.

I wont continue with the main discussion because we obviuosly disagree and its late. But about how many clubs have been in for players, first of all you need to separate the serious rumors of relieble sources from shit from Metro, DM, even Telegraph sometimes. I havent seen anything relieble for Matic, Costa or Cesc, and i mean in the window that we signed them. and i also havent seen anything serious about Costa or Matic in the previous windows. Like i said for Hazard we and City and probably PSG (i forgot) were the only clubs to be willing to pay the money he and Lille wanted. Liverpool and Tottenham? come on, West Ham probably wanted him too.

About Koke-Barcelona, Koke said it himself, and its being talked about in Spain as a fact. Barca wanted him, he wanted to stay and they got Rakitic.

I wont continue with the main discussion because we obviuosly disagree and its late. But about how many clubs have been in for players, first of all you need to separate the serious rumors of relieble sources from shit from Metro, DM, even Telegraph sometimes. I havent seen anything relieble for Matic, Costa or Cesc, and i mean in the window that we signed them. and i also havent seen anything serious about Costa or Matic in the previous windows. Like i said for Hazard we and City and probably PSG (i forgot) were the only clubs to be willing to pay the money he and Lille wanted. Liverpool and Tottenham? come on, West Ham probably wanted him too.

About Koke-Barcelona, Koke said it himself, and its being talked about in Spain as a fact. Barca wanted him, he wanted to stay and they got Rakitic.

As I said before none of that matters anyway. What you call reliable I'd probably rubbish and vice versa... No real way to know with certainty.

My point is and always will be, to be elite we need elite players and Pogba is that. Koke and Griezmann and guys like Isco keep us in the same bracket we're in.(perhaps a little higher up) but it doesn't put us in that elite bracket.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You