Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Di Marzio : Real Madrid joins PSG, Chelsea and Barca in race for Pogba

There is a long list of clubs interested in Pogba- Barcelona and Chelsea to name two of them. But there are more including PSG and now Real Madrid, the French club have offered the midfielder €15 million a season after taxes (3 times what amuse currently pays him) but Pogba has turned down the offer. Real Madrid has taken advantage of the Champions League semifinal to try to sign Pogba, they had Zidane help in their efforts so far. It's possible Real Madrid's pursuit continues in coming weeks: the race for Pogba has started.

Pogba would only come to Chelsea because he wants to try and be a legend in the EPL scene, he views England as the toughest league and wants to challenge himself,, he falls for Jose Mourinho and wants to work under him along with the prospect of playing with Hazard/Cesc/Matic/Costa.

We may offer Juve a bid just as high as the other clubs, but i don't see the Board and JM offering Pogba the farm, which would be the transfer fee AND top wages.

The wages PSG/Barca/Real offer will all be higher imho, and with PSG offering already around 215,000 Pounds/pw, (converting the above mentioned 15M Euros after taxes that @Nadav TKL posted) and while JM mentioned how wages made us avoid Di Maria all together, in this high-profile transfer saga and with his obnoxious loud mouth agent there's no way we could even give him high wages without the world knowing.

For me, i'd make an exception for such a great young talent in Pogba and offer him wages equal to Cesc/Costa already.

But the Board & JM will do what they deem fit. My hopes are slowly fading because saying no to Barca & Real is a hard thing for any footballer to do. He'd need to have the mindset of Hazard who from day one said England was where he wanted to be. Nothing has leaked as far as his motivations behind his next move, and thats good on him for focusing solely on his job at Juve.

I agree, if Pogba wants the highest wages he can get, Chelsea is not his next club. After they worked so hard to be more stable financially the club wont throw it away. If Pogba wants more than Hazard's wages (200k) he wont be here.

If its enough for him, and he thinks Chelsea is the right move for him than great.

I agree, if Pogba wants the highest wages he can get, Chelsea is not his next club. After they worked so hard to be more stable financially the club wont throw it away. If Pogba wants more than Hazard's wages (200k) he wont be here.

If its enough for him, and he thinks Chelsea is the right move for him than great.

I don't think money means everything to him. If things haven't changed, he's on a very low wage currently at Juve (£20-40k). I personally think he'll be off to PSG, despite some people thinking it's unthinkable for one reason or another.

Pogba would only come to Chelsea because he wants to try and be a legend in the EPL scene, he views England as the toughest league and wants to challenge himself,, he falls for Jose Mourinho and wants to work under him along with the prospect of playing with Hazard/Cesc/Matic/Costa.

We may offer Juve a bid just as high as the other clubs, but i don't see the Board and JM offering Pogba the farm, which would be the transfer fee AND top wages.

The wages PSG/Barca/Real offer will all be higher imho, and with PSG offering already around 215,000 Pounds/pw, (converting the above mentioned 15M Euros after taxes that @Nadav TKL posted) and while JM mentioned how wages made us avoid Di Maria all together, in this high-profile transfer saga and with his obnoxious loud mouth agent there's no way we could even give him high wages without the world knowing.

For me, i'd make an exception for such a great young talent in Pogba and offer him wages equal to Cesc/Costa already.

But the Board & JM will do what they deem fit. My hopes are slowly fading because saying no to Barca & Real is a hard thing for any footballer to do. He'd need to have the mindset of Hazard who from day one said England was where he wanted to be. Nothing has leaked as far as his motivations behind his next move, and thats good on him for focusing solely on his job at Juve.

Well if he's turned down £212k/wk from Paris its clearly not about money so what is it that Pogba is after here? Is it a chance to compete at the highest level? Is it to be a highly visible world star? Is it to position himself to win titles?

I'm not sure what it is but one thing is for sure he isn't gonna come cheap so that puts only a handful of teams in the running. Barca have a transfer ban so any deal they have with Juve will have to wait and I seriously doubt his agent will advise him to wait on Barca when the market is hot for him now. He's already turned down PSG(allegedly) but even that would've been hard to negotiate since they were sanctioned and their spending is limited. City are in the same boat and will be without a manager in the summer, it would be hard to see Pogba choosing City especially if money is not an issue. Real Madrid truly are the only team that can rival Chelsea in terms of making a compelling offer and there's no reason not to believe Pogba would like to go there. Khedira, Bale, Chicharito and Casillas out, Pogba, Aguero, DeGea in? Sounds like the typical Real Madrid summer.

Personally, I think we're the perfect fit for him. He's already one of the best CM's in the world and will only get better so giving him a Hazard-like contract(185k with performance bonuses) shouldn't be a problem, the question is always gonna be where does he see himself? and whether or not Chelsea can meet his ambitions? I have no doubt we can, what we can't match is a boyhood desire to want to play for Real Madrid or Barca... If that factors in its a wrap. Right now I see our only real ace in the hole being the massive TV deal and the allure of the Prem. He would be a marquee player in the league and not just another name on a star studded team. If Matic is rightfully getting his due here in the Prem then surely a player like Pogba who has all the tools and the personality of a big star will seize the limelight the prem offers.

My problem is I don't know how to gauge what will motivate his move... The PSG thing(if true) make this players' acquisition a tough one to decipher.

I don't think his move will come down to money.

I think we can convince Pogba by our sports project rather than by the amount of money that we can give him.

While I believe that Pogba was not going to move just for the money. In another type of player that's perhaps the most important, but if Pogba succeeds with his next team he will be guaranteeing more than ten years in the elite of football which would guarantee him much more money in the long term.

However, if Pogba were to happen the same situation as Bale and Isco or Varane (although they are players of different levels, obviously) in Real Madrid, Pogba would see interrupted their progress and with his age everything can change very quickly.

I think Real Madrid is the easy option for making money. But in sporting terms it is the least attractive option. In Real one day you're god and the next day you have been sold to Arsenal...

So I think our options depend on our sports project. Also on Jose, which is the perfect coach to exploit the characteristics of Pogba. I trust his great powers of persuasion to convince Pogba that we are the best team for him.

Also I have to say that I think Jose will plan our staff without Pogba could condition absolutely everything. Real Madrid is a team able to wait until August 31 to sign a player, but Jose will not do that. First make a great team to fight for Champions League next season, and then, if there really is this possibility, try signing Pogba like a perfect icing on the cake.

Regards.

He's too expensive imo and kind of overrated aswell.

What makes him overrated? You think the sporting directors of these big clubs are just watching YouTube videos?

He is destined to be one of the best CM in the world and he's 22. Even if 60m sounds like a lot, if he stays long enough to renew a contract the amortized fee goes down significantly. Also at 22 you're likely getting a player who will only get better and will give you 10 yrs of prime time football. As is right now he is the type of player who can adapt to a variety of shapes and systems, there just aren't that many cm's who tick as many boxes as pogba.

If you are looking for a versatile cm and I willing to bet most are few can argue pogba isn't the best choice.

What makes him overrated? You think the sporting directors of these big clubs are just watching YouTube videos?

He is destined to be one of the best CM in the world and he's 22. Even if 60m sounds like a lot, if he stays long enough to renew a contract the amortized fee goes down significantly. Also at 22 you're likely getting a player who will only get better and will give you 10 yrs of prime time football. As is right now he is the type of player who can adapt to a variety of shapes and systems, there just aren't that many cm's who tick as many boxes as pogba.

If you are looking for a versatile cm and I willing to bet most are few can argue pogba isn't the best choice.

He's the best choice for the right price. I would love to see him alongside Matic, but can't/shouldn't compete with RM and PSG in a bidding war. £40m plus a player is still a lot, but we shouldn't go over that.

Considering his age and talent, no price is too much to be honest. Let's say we pay 60M now and in a few years want to sell him. We can still get 60M for him because he'll still be in his prime.

A lot can happen in a few years.

He's the best choice for the right price. I would love to see him alongside Matic, but can't/shouldn't compete with RM and PSG in a bidding war. £40m plus a player is still a lot, but we shouldn't go over that.

Market dictates price. He is pretty much the only player of his kind on the market. He's young and looks great now but could win the ballon d'or in the future. That's why 60m isn't really a ridiculous fee. If he and hazard reach their full potential with us?????

All I'm saying is we better be all the way in for him. Neville thinks the guy to make us unbeatable is bale I happen to think it's pogba

Market dictates price. He is pretty much the only player of his kind on the market. He's young and looks great now but could win the ballon d'or in the future. That's why 60m isn't really a ridiculous fee. If he and hazard reach their full potential with us?????

All I'm saying is we better be all the way in for him. Neville thinks the guy to make us unbeatable is bale I happen to think it's pogba

I don't think it's a ridiculous figure, but we have to remember we need to improve in other areas as well. I personally think Pogba and Bale are needed to make us unbeatable, as we have been way too reliant on Hazard for numerous chunks of the season.

In the real world, we'll only get one. Either player would be a massive boost to our starting XI. Our summer business should be interesting.

if juve get CL thropy, then his next move should be premiere league. when he choose real at the age of 22, what challenge do you want to get? it's to easy compete with barca and atleti in la liga. but when he choose PL, and i hope chelsea, at least he can show how stupid united that never give him a chance in the past....

Considering his age and talent, no price is too much to be honest. Let's say we pay 60M now and in a few years want to sell him. We can still get 60M for him because he'll still be in his prime.

It's wrong. Let's bid 60m for Dybala then. Or Vietto. New Aguero and all that shit.

The fact is he hasn't showed anything at the biggest stage. Only Serie A. I really don't see the player like he is portrayed by many. He has long way to go, for me he's still far from Vidal level from last few seasons. He has dips in form and doesn't control games well enough.

Belters here and few nice passes there really doesn't make him 60m£. Maybe 50 to 60m€ with add ons and agent fees. Besides that ridicoulus price is just fabricated by his agent and Mariotta, Juve general director, they cooperate to milk someone. I put that few pages ago, his price a year ago was 40m€ by those two gentelmens so let's stick to that. They know that Paul is sexy footballer and with flashy things want to bait everyone to believe in the price in 80m€ region. Let's back to earth.

He's good player with big potential and for that potential someone can pay big. But that doesn't mean doubling his value.

I would love to have Pogba here, make no mistake. I think 50-55 maybe 60m€ with all costs included (which is 38 to 44m£) is fair price for him but not 80-100m€ plus some astronomical fees for agent and of course taxes. That's insane and I'm sure Chelsea won't commit themself to that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You