Norwich 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Becuase from what I have seen (admittely its been on Youtube at his time in Belgium) he scores when the play is quick, and someone can give in a quality cross or killer pass that he can latch on too. I was surpprised when I went too look at his goals in Belgium that most of them came when someone gave a good pass for him.

Well of course he would mostly need a good pass. Good passes do come, perhaps not in the scale of Barcelona, but its there. I also think we need to use another formation to use these passes more. Playing Mata behind striker(s) is an absolute must according to me.

Lukaku - Torres/Sturridge

--------Mata--------

Meireles-----Ramires

----Essien/Romeu--

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well of course he would mostly need a good pass. Good passes do come, perhaps not in the scale of Barcelona, but its there. I also think we need to use another formation to use these passes more. Playing Mata behind striker(s) is an absolute must according to me.

Lukaku - Torres/Sturridge

--------Mata--------

Meireles-----Ramires

----Essien/Romeu--

I do think think that if we are not going to improve are creativity, we need do need a formation like that where we have two strikers on the field playing in a partnership. The problem is that you need them to co-operate with each other otherwise it does nothing. The only one that seem to have any capabilities was Anelka and Torres. Drogba simply forces the other to go wide and out of the game and Lukaku has always played as the lone striker so we don't know how well he will do in a partnership, and even then he may need a certain striker for it to work. On the other hand Sturridge seems to play best with a strike partner. As we saw at Bolton with Davies

We've gone from not being able to defend to save our lives, but scoring freely, to being solid at the back but not scoring to save out lives.

Bloody typical!

Hey it's a start. :)

But please Bosingwa out. I want to kick at my TV everytime i see him play!

David Luiz looks like he can do much better job on the RB then Bosingwa.

I do think think that if we are not going to improve are creativity, we need do need a formation like that where we have two strikers on the field playing in a partnership. The problem is that you need them to co-operate with each other otherwise it does nothing. The only one that seem to have any capabilities was Anelka and Torres. Drogba simply forces the other to go wide and out of the game and Lukaku has always played as the lone striker so we don't know how well he will do in a partnership, and even then he may need a certain striker for it to work. On the other hand Sturridge seems to play best with a strike partner. As we saw at Bolton with Davies

A strike partnership is a good idea, because our midfield distribution is generally poor..This is why I suggested a pairing of Drogba and Sturridge back in december. However if Essien can pass the ball like he did in the past 2 games, and can start games, then we could continue to rely on a 3 man midfield.

A strike partnership is not just about co-operation however..one of the strikers should also be capable of moving wide or tracking back when needed. Drogba and Anelka used to do this beautifully in Carlo's old diamond formation and they were both good crossers of the ball....Torres has shown a capacity to work hard, and Sturridge can offer similar, so it should be worth trying in at least one game

Should, but if he does and knows he can't get him right now, then theres nothing he can do?

That's no excuse, there should be a playmaker to get, and he should spend what ever money is necessary to get that player.

That's no excuse, there should be a playmaker to get, and he should spend what ever money is necessary to get that player.

That is an excuse, who do you think Chelsea are?

Madrid to just wave their wand and get any player they want??

P.S. Actually, it appears we might be on the hunt for Willian from Shakhtar.....

We have never had a goalscorer since this season started, i'll keep repeating this every game. We will not win a thing. We have a right winger and about 2 CM scoring all our goals. Torres was woeful. Until we get someone who scores we will keep dropping points

That is an excuse, who do you think Chelsea are?

Madrid to just wave their wand and get any player they want??

P.S. Actually, it appears we might be on the hunt for Willian from Shakhtar.....

What do you mean?, your making it sound impossible to buy players, sorry but we should be going out now and trying to buy a creative midfielder and it can be done, you're making it sound like there's no way in hell it can be done.

I had to watch the game on mute because I was talking to Linda at the same time, but what I got out of watching it... Torres and Mata both had massive chances to win the game for us... but we didn't take them... I think we dropped 2 points out of the fact that we were unlucky with our chances, not because our tactics were wrong, or the fact that we didn't play well, because that's not true at all... I think we played really well... our passing looked fresh at times, and I really think Torres and Mata linked up really well.

It was also good to see Lukaku getting a run out too, about time we saw him running down the flank and beating people for pace! I thought he did that really well today!

Also, Malouda has to go! He was the only player out there I thought looked awful! It's so frustrating watching him... seriously!

What do you mean?, your making it sound impossible to buy players, sorry but we should be going out now and trying to buy a creative midfielder and it can be done, you're making it sound like there's no way in hell it can be done.

No you are making it sound like it is easy to buy players, and that Chelsea can bully into any team and get what they want!