Norwich 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Going to go and vent my frustration elsewhere because I'm not at all very happy with that display. Some fucking appalling performances out there.

Cech - 7 - he did not have an outstanding game, but he made saves where necessary and did well to cancel out the threat of Norwich's aerial qualities.

Terry - 6 - he had a solid game, he was only beaten once and that was when he was sucked in on the flank and Pilkington raced past him and Cole. Otherwise he did really well and made some excellent blocks/challenges.

Luiz - 7 - I thought he was our best player. He was dominant and controlled defensively, and he looked at times our most dynamic attacking threat. I don't think its fair for us to criticise Luiz anymore, because I think he has been a really good and consistent player for us over the last month or so.

Cole - 5.5 - where has the old Cole gone? He's past his sell-by date, I'm sure we'll all agree, but he is not being helped by being played in every single match. Lethargic at times and lazy in the challenge, but he showed a good engine and got forward when he could. Still a class act, he just looks tired all the time.

Bosingwa - 3 - I can find it very easy to criticise Bosingwa, but he did make a few good tackles and put a few decent crosses in. However, he slows down the play so badly and he is haphazard defensively too. A liability, the sooner Ivan is back, the better.

Lampard - N/A - I don't think it would be fair to rate Lampard. We lost a lot of threat in the midfield when he went off, although that cloud was met with the silver lining of letting Mata coming into the fray more often. I hope it isn't a serious injury, we need Lampard's experience at times like this. He was the missing link, when the balls went into the box you just can't expect the same sort of goal-getting from Ramires or Meireles.

Meireles - 5 - he had an odd game today. He was playing in a deeper role which I think doesn't suit him so much, and for the first half I thought he was excellent. He was composed with the ball and was linking the play up quite nicely. I think a clone of his must have come out after the interval, because he became sloppy and careless with his passing. He also started making some rash challenges in dangerous areas.

Ramires - 6 - I can't give Ramires a great rating today, even out of sentiment. He was quiet for his usual standards, but he does possess that little bit of explosive dynamism in the midfield that can create opportunities. But, as I said, he wasn't so effectual going forward today, but he was his usual tenacious self in a defensive sense.

Essien - 6 - it has been a solid and steady return for Essien, I've found. I think we have to accept his engine has moreorless gone, but he does have an intelligence when in possession. He gets himself into good positions and with more gametime he can improve a little. Still a big part to play, I think.

Malouda - 5 - again, like Raul, he had a strange and inconsistent game. That being said, there's nothing strange about that at all! Some good forward movement and a nice link-up with Mata showed signs of promise in the first half, and he was a good attacking outlet at times. However he is simply a very lazy player, and that 'shot' at the end just rubber-stamps the notion that he is, pretty much, useless.

Mata - 6.5 - our most creative threat - but only in fits and starts. I don't know if it is because he is tired from playing so many games but he drifts in and out of games. I can see him leaving in the summer, because he seems to be the only livewire in the team. Some good goalscoring chances today and he played generally well and tracked back well too. Still, there is more he can give.

Torres - 5.5 - that shockingly woeful miss aside, he played quite well. Good movement. No service whatsoever, but I think when he misses from six yards he doesn't really deserve it.

Sturridge - 4 - Bosingwa will get most of the flack today, but Sturridge was utterly dreadful. I wasn't expecting much because of this being his first game back, however he was really, really lethargic. Minimal team ethic and very lazy today. Some good movement and passing but that barely papers over the fact he was well off the ball.

Lukaku - 6 - pace, power and skill, give him more of a chance, AVB! We just look more of a threat with a big striker in the box, but like Norwich's strikers, Lukaku has the ability to work hard for the team as well. I was impressed by his determination, since he hasn't had much of a chance this year at all. Definitely deserves a start in the next game.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily, many wise investments have been made in january, anelka, luiz, vidic, suarez, ashley young, evra, cahill to bolton etc etc.

You might be thinking just one player will change the entire team. I am not that much optimistic. AVB should have cleared some of these players in last summer. Now clearing out 6-7 players in one transfer window is impossible and unwise. Summer is the best time to turn things around.

Don't start singling anyone out, yes Malouda shouldn't have had a shot from 30 yards, yes Torres should have scored, yes Bosingwa can't cross a ball. The thing i'm truly worried about was the lack of spirit and determination. The only sign of that was the run by Lukaku after 80 minutes. If our team had shown even half of Norwich's team spirit, we'd have won that game.

So disappointing.

So true. No guts at all.

The players are already in Mallorca.

I was worried this would happen.

Trust it to be against us that they get their first clean sheet. What an embarrassment.

Credit to Norwich, on merit and commitment they deserved the win.

That's the problem, AVB must know someone, Joao Moutinho is meant to contain creativity, even though he's more of a defensive player, but there's more however they are expensive.

If you don't know one, and neither do we then there is no real target out there.

If we buy we might end up buying another Meireles....

Luiz - 7 - I thought he was our best player. He was dominant and controlled defensively, and he looked at times our most dynamic attacking threat. I don't think its fair for us to criticise Luiz anymore, because I think he has been a really good and consistent player for us over the last month or so.

He probably was, but I can't forgive a central defender for juggling the ball in the box when the score is 0-0. Other than that, he did play well.

Didn't Torres looked more fired-up when he came on for Drogba? I'd say start Lukaku for about 60 minutes, sub him for Torres. If he can't show 300% determination then (being picked over by an 18 year old dude), game over.

Another half arse performance from our "superstar athlete's". FFS where is the urgency?!?! 5 mins to go and Ramires is playing with the ball inside our own half. Please just kill me now so i don't have to watch us finish below Spurs...

Can see us finishing many many many points below Spurs

Thats the annoying thing..result aside the performance is whats annoying!! No urgency,just some random causual strolls in the park type runs,another game where if they lost the ball only a few players seem bothered to get it back! If they had played with pride,liked they gave a crap and that goes for all 11 not just the few then the draw wouldnt be so bad.But from that performance..feel sorry for those who went to watch and spent all that time and dosh going up there! Made more of an effort then most of the team did..they go away annoyed.The players get money money and then a random hoilday

I miss how we performed against QPR..Man U...Fulham etc whenever we've gone down a man or more...played way way better then!More pride and more liked they did care

If you don't know one, and neither do we then there is no real target out there.

If we buy we might end up buying another Meireles....

AVB should know a playmaker, i for one don't watch much football out of english football, i know a lot of creative midfielders from Fifa and football manager, but i havent seen them play in real life so i can't exactly judge.

Lambert is going to say that to make his team look good, it's just false praise. We all know it was an okay performance from Torres, again overshadowed by a shocking miss. I could have knocked that in with my bollocks ffs.