Norwich 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

AVB should know a playmaker, i for one don't watch much football out of english football, i know a lot of creative midfielders from Fifa and football manager, but i havent seen them play in real life so i can't exactly judge.

Whatever the case I trust AVB's judgement. He signed Moutinho and James Rodriguez for Porto. Porto do have some great attackers don't they? Iturbe, Rodriguez - (future superstars) Hulk and Moutinho. I'd take all of them with my eyes closed.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im really fed up with the whole Torres situation. Fans, the team...everyone has been really supportive but for the love of god, how long are we to pat him like a little baby kitten? Yeah, hes not PLAYING bad but the guy just doesnt friggin score... not even piss easy ones that my granny would (the miss today for instance).

Stop saying that he's good, because good isnt fking good enough. Id rather have Torres play like SHIIIT and score 10 goals per season. Start Lukaku the next 2 matchers, sub Torres for him if he doesnt do well and if Torres doesnt score just bloody get rid of him.

Like I said by the end of the first half, Sturridge and Ramires were also not upto speed. The latter hardly made any lung-bursting box to box runs, while Danny just lazed around and made himself an easy target for their LB..Hope this is the worst we ever see of them this season

To the people who want Lukaku to start, he will be like Tores. He wil be forced to go wide or into the midfield just to get a sniff of the ball. Whenever he is on the shoulder of defenders he will never get a chace. And if he wants a chances, like Torres, he will have to start from the wide areas and hope he gets lucky when he dribbles in.

Thats not becuase he lacks confidence or is shit. Its becuase our team lacks so much creatvitiy and plays so slow that you might aswell not bother putting on a striker.

Whatever the case I trust AVB's judgement. He signed Moutinho and James Rodriguez for Porto. Porto do have some great attackers don't they? Iturbe, Rodriguez - future superstars, Hulk and Moutinho. I'd take all of them with my eyes closed.

He never signed Iturbe though. But still a lot of fantastic players.

Paul Lambert, 'I think people are jumping on the bandwagon with Torres.. He was fantastic today'

Really ? This guy should go and watch Messi, Iniesta and David Silva playing, he will then understand the meaning of the word "fantastic".

No consistency yet again. Can't seem to win four games in a row, it wasn't the worst performance and result in the world but we seem to go on a good run, then drop points in games we should win.

Sturridge was a ghost, he's been poor the last few games he's played, not entirely all his thought but still he needs to up his game. Too slow, no urgency yet again, we need someone better than Meireles in midfield.

In an attacking sense, I think we've relied too much on Mata, Lampard and Torres in recent games. Mata for his creativity, Lampard for his goals and Torres for his creativity to a certain extent as well. We need more from our other attacking players. Massive lack of urgency towards the end.

To the people who want Lukaku to start, he will be like Tores. He wil be forced to go wide or into the midfield just to get a sniff of the ball. Whenever he is on the shoulder of defenders he will never get a chace. And if he wants a chances, like Torres, he will have to start from the wide areas and hope he gets lucky when he dribbles in.

Thats not becuase he lacks confidence or is shit. Its becuase our team lacks so much creatvitiy and plays so slow that you might aswell not bother putting on a striker.

And you know this how? Are you some kind of oracle? Its not like the other option (Torres) is better atm and perhaps Lukaku would at least score those goals that just have to be goals (like Torres miss today).

Why not start lukaku in the next match and see how he does. If he doesn't play well he can be subbed off. Torres can huff and puff all he wants but he's not doing what he's supposed to - score

I don't know...hardly anyone trusts even Sturridge to take up the CF role, because that requires a lot of experience to suit our style of play..Besides Anelka and Drogba, I don't remember anyone excelling in that position in recent times.

I would still go with Torres, even if he can't score anything simply because of his footballing knowledge...with Lukaku we don't know what we're going to get and its risky when we need to get as many points as possible from the coming games

AVB should know a playmaker, i for one don't watch much football out of english football, i know a lot of creative midfielders from Fifa and football manager, but i havent seen them play in real life so i can't exactly judge.

Should, but if he does and knows he can't get him right now, then theres nothing he can do?

And you know this how? Are you some kind of oracle? Its not like the other option (Torres) is better atm and perhaps Lukaku would at least score those goals that just have to be goals (like Torres miss today).

Becuase from what I have seen (admittely its been on Youtube at his time in Belgium) he scores when the play is quick, and someone can give in a quality cross or killer pass that he can latch on too. I was surprised when I went too look at his goals in Belgium that most of them came when someone gave a good pass for him.

Ive said this before, in the summer all the players older than Terry and Cole with the possible exeption of Lampard need to go to let the younger ones "spread their wings" so to speak.