Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

Am i one of the only ones who thinks cahill is fucking solid?

I mean he's made mistakes here and there but given his price tag, the way he was supposed to be a squad player and his time on the field, he's been quality of the highest order and far deserves a place over Luiz atm, and dont get me wrong i really like David luiz i think he's a cult hero, but if ya compare the 2 cahill deserves it more for out doing himself while luiz almost always under performs for his potential bar the greatness he shows the odd time.

He's a very good defender, you'd think he's a league two defender playing in the Prem by the comments he's been receiving recently. :rolleyes:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So cahill will miss our next club world cup game whenever that will be :lol: .

Apparently not.

Dan Levene@BluesChronicle

Gary Cahill red card was for kicking at Emerson after he'd been whacked in the face. Suspended for one game: Leeds United on Wednesday.

Not sure how getting a red card in a FIFA tournament game and the player ended up have to serve the suspension in a domestic game!

Apparently not.

Not sure how getting a red card in a FIFA tournament game and the player ended up have to serve the suspension in a domestic game!

Hope it's not true, or we're running out of players for that Leeds game. Mikel, Ramires, Cahill all suspended while Romeu and JT are injured. If Cahill's available then we'd probably see Luiz and Lampard together in midfield but if Luiz is needed to play CB alongside Ivanovic we don't have have any midfielders other than Lampard and Oscar, but playing them together in the double pivot is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Cahill was horrible today and the red card was the least of it. He should've been subbed off at half time for Azpilicueta, with Ivanovic moving inside to partner Luiz. Of course Benitez was too thick to see it but that's hardly a surprise to anyone...

Hope it's not true, or we're running out of players for that Leeds game. Mikel, Ramires, Cahill all suspended while Romeu and JT are injured. If Cahill's available then we'd probably see Luiz and Lampard together in midfield but if Luiz is needed to play CB alongside Ivanovic we don't have have any midfielders other than Lampard and Oscar, but playing them together in the double pivot is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Cahill was horrible today and the red card was the least of it. He should've been subbed off at half time for Azpilicueta, with Ivanovic moving inside to partner Luiz. Of course Benitez was too thick to see it but that's hardly a surprise to anyone...

Can only hope Terry can somehow make it and knowing his character, he might just Benitez to play him on Wednesday.

Cahill's red card came in the 90th-minute after an incident with midfielder Emerson on halfway.

'I have tackled the guy, we sort of tangled legs and as we tangled he lashed out with his arm and hit me in the face,' Cahill explained. 'So I have reacted which wasn't the greatest of reactions from me but it is two different players - he hits me in the face and I don't roll around for five minutes holding my face like he has broken my nose and dislocated my jaw.

'I touch him on the shin and it probably wouldn't knock over my one-year-old daughter, yet he was rolling around five or six times.'

:lol: