Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

Its not confidence or getting confused with Benitez's training, Cahill has had the same problem since last year which discounts both of those theories - I just can't believe that he hasn't corrected it. Brana is also guilty of this but to a lesser extent.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not confidence or getting confused with Benitez's training, Cahill has had the same problem since last year which discounts both of those theories - I just can't believe that he hasn't corrected it. Brana is also guilty of this but to a lesser extent.

Sarcasm...

I think someone said this before, but I can't stand Cahill (and Brana) watching the forward run between them and receive a well timed pass on to Cech. It drives me nuts when things like that (correctable/coachable) happen at this level!!

And just for the record, many times that Cahill is "putting his body on the line" he could've easily just been marking that man.

Cahill - Luiz doesn't work. Cahill - Brana is quite frustrating as well. It's an obvious trend yet some still think Cahill is our best or second best CB when it's quite clear IMO that Luiz and Ivanovic are better. Not to take away from Gary though, he's a good defender but definitely not good enough to fill in JT's boots.

The thing with the Iva-Cahill partnership is that neither can distribute effectively from the back, and with us not having a holding midfielder atm to drop and receive the ball from the center-halves we are doomed to either playing long balls which, with our front four, no one is going to win except the opposition defense, or play to the fullbacks and get squeezed to the touch line and almost certainly lose the ball.

Luiz has excellent distribution (although he does over-do the long passes at times). Terry's distribution is criminally underrated. In his prime, I can't think of a center back with better ability and eye for a pass.

He has some outstanding moments, but at times he is frustrating. Still my favorite signing as we asked so much of him last season and he delivered beautifully. He's an outstanding overall footballer but he lacks consistency in the defense

He has some outstanding moments, but at times he is frustrating. Still my favorite signing as we asked so much of him last season and he delivered beautifully. He's an outstanding overall footballer but he lacks consistency in the defense

Think this article echoed your point about Cahill there.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1531612-gary-cahill-assessing-his-performances-so-far-this-season

Been saying this since preseason. He has great physical and technical ability but he is so prone on making mistakes when it comes to decision making.

He has made some mistakes , but still he is a far better option than both Luiz and Ivanovic for the Centre Back position . He may not be world class , but may look like one if we have world class players for the Defensive Midfield Spot :)

He has made some mistakes , but still he is a far better option than both Luiz and Ivanovic for the Centre Back position . He may not be world class , but may look like one if we have world class players for the Defensive Midfield Spot :)

That makes no sense; either he is world class or he isn't. If he isn't and depends heavily on a Makelele in front of him, then he isn't good enough.

Personally I think he just ins't good enough, but I'd be happy if he proves me wrong. Why?! He just isn't aggressive, physical, or even technical enough to play for Chelsea--just IMHO.

I think this is a problem with too much rotation - CB and GK need to form a partnership, you need to pick the defenders and goalkeeper and try to keep it static.

Utd look a lot more solid now Vidic is back as him and Ferdinand have a great understanding and since that DeGea has been playing much better too.

The sooner Terry +1 start consistently, the better our defence will be :)

again the cahiil terry partnership, am i the only one that sees cahill is not chelsea quality? yet when ever members name our team he is in the lineup, I just dont get it. Our best back four is and will be : dave/ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, cole. And Mikel is the first choice DM, and thats a fact.

PS: If I see or hear that Cahill is better than Luiz in deffense i will do my nuts in. Has the media influence peoples perspective on certain players? i dont know , but definately Cahill (age 27, not gonna get better) is not on Luiz's level nor does he compliment Terry.

Cahil at his best performance, he is really good. its a shame that he doesnt have the same consistency.

with the sides always conceding goals, he also given up in going forward as a threat. remember that he keeps going forward and scores pile drivers? he seldom does that now.