Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

oh come off it, i would like you to focus on a cahill performance and you would see all the mistakes listed are true, we are chelsea fc not liverpool. Therefore when blaintantly you see a player does not fit, he needs to go. Instead we are blinded by the media ( he is a typical english centerhalf.. and not david luiz...) If LUIZ was called David Lewis he would be hailed the greatest ballplaying centerhalf to exist ( just like rio ferdinand, and recently Phil Jones) Without a doubt ask yourself why Brazilian players did not suit the english game in the past? one answer is the british mentality on how a player is defined (typical british center foward), so when something diffrent arrives they cannot adapt to accept it. Inconclusion Luiz is a better defender than Cahill will ever be, and most likely our next captain.

P.S. ( cant believe people said Cahill should be our next captain when the dude hasnt been here more than a year and a half... ps more likely because he resemles JT( which is so off...) but also seens he is ENGLISH. now thats disrespect to those other players that have served as longer and are closer candidates for such a position)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dislike the JT comparisons. Gazza is a really solid CB, you can't ask more from him, he is solid enough for England and is solid enough for a top Premier League team. But JT was WORLD CLASS and simply one of the best of his generation, and Gazza isn't near that and probably never will be but not many do reach that level, so it really isn't a criticism.

Exactly. JT was nominated for the FIFA XI for like 8 years running because he was an absolute beast of a CB, Gaz won't be because hes nothing more than a reliable squad player, like it or not. That comparisons are stupid to make. Just because they are both English and play CB for Chelsea doesn't mean that should be classed as in the same league as JT so to speak.

Benitez praising Cahill and also spoke about others things(click on the link)....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4717767/Rafa-Benitez-Gary-Cahill-is-the-secret-to-Chelsea.html

Although crocked skipper John Terry has been sidelined, the Blues have become increasingly difficult to beat under their interim boss.

The Champions League winners visit Everton today having kept four clean sheets since Benitez arrived on November 21 — with the last two coming in the 8-0 thrashing of Aston Villa and the 1-0 Boxing Day win over Norwich.

England centre-back Cahill, 27, was outstanding at Carrow Road and Benitez admits he is delighted with his progress.

He said: “If we continue working hard in training and Cahill continues working hard and is keen to learn, I think he will improve even more.

“How much, we will see. He’s good in the air, he can play the ball, he’s quick, so he just has to adjust some movements and he will be even better.

“He has to learn from everyone. JT has experience but Branislav Ivanovic is also very strong.

“Cahill is learning from everyone and I hope he can improve a little bit every game.

“For us, it’s about trying to do all the things we want to do, being comfortable in possession, and he is doing this.

“Since I arrived we have been working with different defenders.

“Obviously, JT was not here and we were using Cahill, Ivanovic and David Luiz and all of them were doing a great job.

“We have some clean sheets and are stronger in defence. Still you can concede, just a corner or free-kick can make a difference. But the team is stronger in defence and we have the balance because we can attack.”

but he makes very few obvious mistakes unlike Luiz

He does if you look closely makes some crazy tactical decision's, his defending for Holt's chance :doh:

I am a big believer in credit where it's due however and he was outstanding today.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3041307/title/cahill%27s-baby-joy-before-bridge-return

Saturday's win at Stoke may not be forgotten in a while, but for the absent Gary Cahill, it was a more memorable day than for most.

The defender was due to figure at the Britannia Stadium, and travelled to the Potteries with his team-mates, only to receive a phone call from home that demanded his return south. Wife Gemma had gone into labour, and the 26-year-old would be by her side rather than that of Branislav Ivanovic at the centre of the Chelsea defence.

'I got the call at about 4.30 on Saturday morning,' he recalled. 'We knew it was close but it was still early as the due date was February 7, but I got the call and that was that. I shot back down to London, sod's law it was while I was away, but I got down there to be with my wife, Gemma, and my baby boy arrived at 1.50pm, so we could see the scores coming in on Saturday afternoon!'

The baby boy has been named Leo, and he joins older sister Freya as the newest member of the Cahill family.

'Since then we've all gone back home on Sunday, and the whole experience was amazing,' the defender said. 'It's my second child, and obviously it was a great result for Chelsea too so it was an unbelievable day and everyone is happy.

'We all had Sunday off anyway as there were so many games lately. We're now settled at home and I'm back in training and ready for Wednesday against Southampton.

'The most important thing was that my little boy was all fine, that's the case, and now we're back to normal.'