Frank Lampard

DavidEU

at the start of the game against Napoli my dad was bitching about Lamps being benched, he was like "is AVB crazy or what??". at the end of the match he was shaking his head and muttering "he seems to have no great desire to play"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last season a majority of people here said the next manager should have the balls to drop the likes of Lampard & co.

I still think this is the right thing to do, or things would only get worse.

It's correct decision to bench Lampard. The only worry is that we haven't got much better alternatives, hence why some people changed their minds about that. I still maintain that he needs to play a lesser role. It's a shame he wasn't benched by Modric, but by Meireles.

Lampard's attitude is not a surprise,he is a better player than Raul and yet he is benched.He has all the right to be angry,he's scored 13 goals for us so far and most of them in some crucial games.If AVB would play Josh(if he stayed) or even Piazon instead of Lampard then I would understand but Raul over Lampard is just an enigma.

@Blue Armour -

The 3 in the picture :

Cole and Lampard - reportedly 'up in arms' and sore over not being picked to start

Mikel - knows won't be getting a game with Romeu around.

Not difficult to see they'd stick close and act like bumchums.

His a Chelsea great, one of the all time greatest Chelsea player, the last 7 years he would've been the first picked player in the starting 11.

Why wouldn't you feel frustrated that your now sitting on the bench even know your our top scorer this season?

RVP is Arsenal's top scorer. He is also their best player.

Lampard is our (joint) top scorer. He has been one of our most inconsistent, and at times worst players this season.

Scoring goals is only half of what it takes to be a great midfielder. You need to be a commanding presence, and Lampard is no longer that. Ergo he is no longer a great midfielder, merely a good one, and an ageing one at that.

To play midfield you need to be consistent throughout the entire game. Forward is different, you can have a moment of brilliance and score and that's all you need. But in midfield you touch the ball way too much just to have one moment of brilliance to have a good game.

Our midfield isn't consistent enough throughout The game. They not only are no where near creative enough but they also don't make the simple passes consistently enough.

Lampard admits issues with AVB

I've been here a long time, I'm 33, I'm realistic, it doesn't mean I want to play every game but, if I sit on the bench, I want to see Chelsea win.

I'm sure we're all frustrated at the minute, everyone who's involved - especially people who have got Chelsea in their hearts, who have been here a long time and want to see us performing as we should do.

The only way we can push on from now - and secure Champions League football next year, potentially move through in the FA Cup and the Champions League this year - is to be positive.

It's in the club's interest. It's not about any one individual here and negative things can take the shine off it.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1027298/chelsea?&cc=5739

Hitting nails into the coffin here Frank.. -_-